PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I confirm that the reverb sound FX in some games are playing correctly now (e.g. tunnels in R4).

But on the other hand, it seems there's also a regression, because now, the L/R audio channels are inverted (as the Wii itself has an inverted stereo channel lol). It didn't happen in previous releases, I think (I play with headphones, so it's easy to notice when a sound FX comes from the wrong side ^^).

Note: this inverted L/R audio channel is fixed is most apps (USB Loader GX, Nintendont, SNES 9X, etc).

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Reactions: SaulFabre

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Huh, I did not catch the inverted L/R. None of the games I tested made any difference as far as sound effects, where is most easy to find. I hope it can be corrected without much fuss.

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Added Mouse support using the Wiimote IR capabilities. Only really tested it with Quake II. The option is under the Lightgun toggle.

There is now also an option to disable the Lightgun and Mouse on a per controller basis. This means you can use the same Wiimote-Nunchuck combo as a mouse and as a regular controller in Quake II.

I tried to get Motion Plus to work, but I couldn't get it to function consistently. But when it does work it works very well (basically giving you gyro aim in quake II) so I might have a look at it again later.

https://github.com/Jokippo/WiiSXRX_2022240p/releases/tag/v2.4-240pV17

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Added Mouse support using the Wiimote IR capabilities. Only really tested it with Quake II. The option is under the Lightgun toggle.

There is now also an option to disable the Lightgun and Mouse on a per controller basis. This means you can use the same Wiimote-Nunchuck combo as a mouse and as a regular controller in Quake II.

I tried to get Motion Plus to work, but I couldn't get it to function consistently. But when it does work it works very well (basically giving you gyro aim in quake II) so I might have a look at it again later.

Hey @Jokippo many thanks for this Mouse support!!!
Will test it when i get home ;)

btw, do you have idea about why in some platforms the Disc Swap isn't working adequately with latest CDROM code?
(Specifically in the RearmCdromCdiso branch in WiiStation)

MGun94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU

It is finally time to play Alien Resurrection the way it was meant to be played

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Thank you so much! This could be very useful for those PC to PSX conversions of games that struggle or can't be played in Dosbox Wii because of mouse issues... C&C, Sim City 2000, Syndicate and XCOM come to mind.
Edit: Lemmings and Lemmings 3D too. Shame for Warcraft 2 who doesn't support the ps mouse

Reactions: MGun94

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country

Incredible!!! The ability to try out Quake 2 with multitap and mouse or Galaxian3 multiplayer with multitap and mice is finally accessible to the masses!

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Does this adds the new code from the latest build with all the PCSX-Rearmed and CDIO (whatever his name is) added in?

Also home button on the wiimote still does nothing :(m even when its set up in configuration, why people assume it does?

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does this adds the new code from the latest build with all the PCSX-Rearmed and CDIO (whatever his name is) added in?

Also home button on the wiimote still does nothing :(m even when its set up in configuration, why people assume it does?
This adds all the code from the latest Wiistation main branch, not any of the other branches.

The home button works for me, tested with Wiimote and Nunchuck.

nicknicolau

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Time to play Aconcagua like a mf BOSS! (and The Neverhood, Clock Tower, Discworld...)
Thank you so much for this new feature :grog:

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Huh, i tested with Wiimote and Classic Controller, didnt worked.
From where are you booting WiiStation? (From HBC or from a forwarder?)

Which Wiimote are you using?

Try deleting your old settings file?
Post automatically merged:

Anyways, i made a new build of branch RearmCdromCdiso until commit https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/c6933a8f4001e22b5ebf3a04d39821c9eb117732
This fixes the disc swapping issues reported by @GustavoReis

Also i've merged here the changes by @Jokippo for the experimental PS1 Mouse support.
https://github.com/Jokippo/WiiSXRX_2022240p/commit/4d572300b733bbaeb6847ec957a9a64eb04cdffa

Please test this, thanks ;)

Attachments

• WiiStation_RearmCdromCdiso_240pv17_21102023.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
Last edited by SaulFabre,

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
The mouse support is fantastic although I have to wonder if there is anything that can be done about the "sticking" issue? It's something I noticed in snes9x gx too from way back in the day is that the on screen cursor and the wii remote's actual position will become misalligned and eventually get stuck on a quadrant of the screen, unless there's something I'm doing wrong here.

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The mouse support is fantastic although I have to wonder if there is anything that can be done about the "sticking" issue? It's something I noticed in snes9x gx too from way back in the day is that the on screen cursor and the wii remote's actual position will become misalligned and eventually get stuck on a quadrant of the screen, unless there's something I'm doing wrong here.
The Wiimote simulates an actual mouse, so you have to use the "Lift Mouse" button to simulate picking up the mouse when you run out of room.

Or does the mouse actually get stuck somehow?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [uploads TP] :D