XP
Country
Ecuador

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Anyways, i made a new build of branch RearmCdromCdiso until commit https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/c6933a8f4001e22b5ebf3a04d39821c9eb117732
This fixes the disc swapping issues reported by @GustavoReis

Also i've merged here the changes by @Jokippo for the experimental PS1 Mouse support.
https://github.com/Jokippo/WiiSXRX_2022240p/commit/4d572300b733bbaeb6847ec957a9a64eb04cdffa

Please test this, thanks ;)
Thanks for sharing new version.

Mouse support is - as you described it - experimental. I've tried to play Railroad Tycoon II and it is unplayable at this moment - mouse position showed at screen is not actual position seen by the game (so you can't just click a button). This problem not exists in Quake II (which @Jokippo has testes), where important thing is mouse movement, not a real position.

There is also a regression in Vib-Ribbon (I'm using CHD wihtout LZMA, but I thing this is not a problem, because it used to work in earlier versions) - after selecting "Play" and before selecting game mode (Vib-Ribbon CD, custom CD) game hangs, and controller stop to response. You can come back to main menu by pressing reset button on console. Another thing that happens is unmounting (?) USB drive - it becomes unaccessible. I tried to copy CHD file to my laptop to check if it is not a problem with USB hard drive and it copied well.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
There is also a regression in Vib-Ribbon (I'm using CHD wihtout LZMA, but I thing this is not a problem, because it used to work in earlier versions) - after selecting "Play" and before selecting game mode (Vib-Ribbon CD, custom CD) game hangs, and controller stop to response. You can come back to main menu by pressing reset button on console. Another thing that happens is unmounting (?) USB drive - it becomes unaccessible. I tried to copy CHD file to my laptop to check if it is not a problem with USB hard drive and it copied well.
I also have the exact same issue on Vib-Ribbon, in Lightrec no matter if i use CHD or BIN/CUE, Vib-Ribbon crashes after selecting "GAME".

On PPC Dynarec this doesn't happen.

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
On PPC Dynarec this doesn't happen.
I'm sure it used to work in Lightrec, but I'm too lazy to find out which version has broken it :P

So, it is a Lightrec regression and workaround at this moment is to use Dynarec. Huh, you may say I'm griping, but this (and mouse support too) is next reason for per-game settings feature.

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
From where are you booting WiiStation? (From HBC or from a forwarder?)

Which Wiimote are you using?

Try deleting your old settings file?
Post automatically merged:

Anyways, i made a new build of branch RearmCdromCdiso until commit https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/c6933a8f4001e22b5ebf3a04d39821c9eb117732
This fixes the disc swapping issues reported by @GustavoReis

Also i've merged here the changes by @Jokippo for the experimental PS1 Mouse support.
https://github.com/Jokippo/WiiSXRX_2022240p/commit/4d572300b733bbaeb6847ec957a9a64eb04cdffa

Please test this, thanks ;)

Ok, finally got to test this, and guess what.

The Wiimote home button DOES NOT WORK with any Classic Controller combo, Classic, Classic Pro, SNES mini, and i assume NES mini too), i figure its because at the very least Classic and Pro already have a home button, but for NES and SNES mini, you're out of luck, even more so, when you use Wiimote only or w/nunchuck, you get offered the choice to map the menu toggle to 1+2 and - & +, but those gets switch by default to ZL+ZR+L & Y+X with the former setups i mentioned, which pretty much makes it impossible to play any Capcom fighter XP, sorry friends but thats a bust.

Havent thinkered with the Mouse option yet.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country

Mouse support is - as you described it - experimental. I've tried to play Railroad Tycoon II and it is unplayable at this moment - mouse position showed at screen is not actual position seen by the game (so you can't just click a button). This problem not exists in Quake II (which @Jokippo has testes), where important thing is mouse movement, not a real position.

Yeah this is what I meant to say earlier, the mouse is moving on a relative position on screen rather than an absolute position, which is the same issue I believe happens in SNES9X GX, it's not really usable for a pointer on screen

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Yeah this is what I meant to say earlier, the mouse is moving on a relative position on screen rather than an absolute position, which is the same issue I believe happens in SNES9X GX, it's not really usable for a pointer on screen
I tried Railroad Tycoon II and it works as intended. Keep in mind that the Playstation Mouse (just like any other mouse) only sends relative motion to the psx. You can use the "Lift mouse" button to help re-center the Wiimote if you run out of room.

If you want the Wiimote cursor and the in-game cursor to line up you will have to play around with both the sensitivity setting in-game and in the Wiistation controller settings. By how much will depend on how the specific game handles mouse input.

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Keep in mind that the Playstation Mouse (just like any other mouse) only sends relative motion to the psx. You can use the "Lift mouse" button to help re-center the Wiimote if you run out of room.
I understand problem: mouse sends movement, Wiimote sends position. Big diffrence.

I tried using "lift mouse" button, but I don't really understand what it works. Playing with sensivity also gives me no satisfactional results.

Last edited by rexus_pl,

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you intend to add the PAL 60Hz feature? This feature exists in other emulators, included in Rearmed

EDIT: oops, my mistake, the PAL 60HZ feature has been also merged in Jokippo's branch (commit 2626c60)
V17 has it then: https://github.com/Jokippo/WiiSXRX_2022240p/releases/tag/v2.4-240pV17

------------------------------------------------
You mean in Jokippo's branch?

Because it has been implemented in SaulFabre/xjsxjs197 branch: https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/2626c60e9ecea1204a5858e03c9845d3bb51400c

Add PAL60 video mode as an option, rename current PAL video mode to PAL50

PAL60 has the huge benefit that NTSC games running at 60 Hz on PAL Wiis/TVs will look much smoother than when trying to run them on a 50 Hz screen.

Obviously you need a TV which is compatible with PAL60.

The current PAL video mode will be renamed as PAL50.

Thanks to @pcercuei for the original change.

New settings for VideoMode setting:
- 0 = Auto
- 1 = NTSC
- 2 = PAL50 (50 Hz)
- 3 = PAL60 (60 Hz)
- 4 = Progressive

You can test it with this latest compiled build by SaulFabre:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiistat...iisxrx-released.614405/page-106#post-10273493

Last edited by Ouaz,

CheeseBurgerwithLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
run PAL at 60Hz
Only run at 60hz if the game supports it, which most only run at 50hz.
So for that there are patches which add a selector between PAL/NTSC and so PAL games can run at 60hz if NTSC is chosen in the selector. But the problem is that this emulator, when you try to select NTSC, does not make the change and the game runs in its original mode, PAL50 Hz.

That's why I'm asking if this issue can be fixed since before it worked well and now it doesn't...

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Only run at 60hz if the game supports it, which most only run at 50hz.
So for that there are patches which add a selector between PAL/NTSC and so PAL games can run at 60hz if NTSC is chosen in the selector. But the problem is that this emulator, when you try to select NTSC, does not make the change and the game runs in its original mode, PAL50 Hz.

That's why I'm asking if this issue can be fixed since before it worked well and now it doesn't...
What games should I search for that have this selector? So I can test it.

xunga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Guys please help, i noticed 2 people saying they use the psp bios, wth, im using the bios indicated by gamebrew.org,is this why im having issues with koudelka and fear effect, now idk, can anyone redirect me to a tutorial or tell me wich are the bios i need? Thanks guys and sorry for not being knowledgeable

To play Koudelka on Wiistation use the Dynarec core and it will probably work better with the PAL version of the game.

In any case, use better WiiSX beta 4.0 for Koudelka (any region), Fear Effect 1 and 2, Jade Cocoon and Lunar 1, as they are games that give problems with Wiistation. Just know that WiiSX beta 4.0 still doesn't let you save custom settings for the controllers and you need to enable Analog on the controls if you find that you can't move around in the game.

https://github.com/emukidid/pcsxgc

For the bios issue it's as simple as setting your browser's search engine to PSXONPSP660.BIN, rename it to SCPH1001.BIN and place it in the "bios" folder.

If you still don't understand something, visit mundowiihack (it's in Portuguese, but you can translate it with the browser):

https://mundowiihack.wordpress.com/2023/07/18/wiistation-1-0-wisxrx-2022/

I hope I helped you.

CheeseBurgerwithLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What games should I search for that have this selector? So I can test it.
None of them really have this selector officially, there are only patches for them (these patches are usually ppf format).
There are many, for example, I have FF IX PAL with a selector and I remember that when selecting NTSC the game ran at 60 hz without any problem (I know this because of the FPS that increases from 50 to 60). The sound of the menu was going at full speed but gameplay was correct.

I don't remember which version of the emulator it was that made this work, I think it must be before to the inclusion of 240p.

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
None of them really have this selector officially, there are only patches for them (these patches are usually ppf format).
There are many, for example, I have FF IX PAL with a selector and I remember that when selecting NTSC the game ran at 60 hz without any problem (I know this because of the FPS that increases from 50 to 60). The sound of the menu was going at full speed but gameplay was correct.

I don't remember which version of the emulator it was that made this work, I think it must be before to the inclusion of 240p.
where are these patches?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: super monkey ball