Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the work.
smile.gif

I'm trying to get either OLL or ClrMAME to rename the files without compressing them. The WAD files don't compress at all so having them ZIPped just so I can rename them would be pretty silly. Any ideas?

EDIT: Every time I update OLL tried to Update the pictures even though they're the same.

Nago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Unfortunately the WAD files are encrypted so there is no point in compressing them. You can at least set the compression level in OLL to 0 to "Store" instead of compress, which will save you some time, at least.

The pictures are a little broken, I have the wrong CRCs entered. I've been meaning to fix it but I've been working on some other things first. Thanks for reporting it, anyway.

In other news: I broke the data again today, I was moving the publisher onto the "new system", but I ended up breaking it. I'll fix it ASAP, until then: Don't update. And if it's too late, stay tuned for a manual download.

Fixed: I wasn't escaping the "publisher" field for special html characters so the publisher "T&S" broke the script. In other good news, everything is done purely through mySQL now, and I can do most things with the click of a button
smile.gif
with the new system in place I'll turn my attention to VC over the weekend. I know I will probably curse it by saying this, but I HOPE to have a VC dat out by monday, even if it is missing a few entries off the end.

For images: When I'm a little less drunk, I'm going to write a script to automatically update the CRCs for images, so I can add a few of them somewhat quickly. I'll try to have it fixed by the end of tomorrow, hopefully with some new images, too.

Another update: In the case of DIRFIXES: I have come to the conclusion that I will be using the original folder name, and not the dirfixed version, to represent the release in the database. I had originally decided to use the dirfixed version but, the more I think about it, even if this version is unclear or confusing: it's the version with the binary that you want, so it makes more sense to keep the 'real' folder name in the database. I changed five entries. This shouldn't affect your files in generally any way, but some of the comments will now be different.

Virtual Console News: I have the dat internally current and COMPLETE up through 2009-07-30. There have been 50 releases since then. I will do my best to have the dat 100% current by monday, when I will attempt to finally publish this dat.

(Just as a commentary for why it has been taking so long: I have been developing a suite of tools to help me manage this database, mostly I have been using it for wiiware which is current, but for VC, I have never had the dat current so I have never been able to move the dat from a manually edited spreadsheet into the system which helps manage it automatically. Once I finally get the spreadsheet current, I can move it into mySQL and start managing it much more efficiently. The sooner I get it current at least once, it will be far easier for me to publish periodic updates. The initial spreadsheet which I made fully current was up through (Internally) number #773, and by the time I finished that and a few other tools, VC was already up to #954. I wrote some tools to help me import the data into excel, and tonight I finished correcting and overseeing that information. By the time I had finished that, VC was up to #1004. It's sort of a losing battle, but I'm making progress all the same. I'm sorry I didn't have this out sooner, I didn't really expect the VC scene to have so many releases in such a sort span of time.)

Methanoid

Trophies
XP
Country
Perseid said:
Thanks for the work.
smile.gif

I'm trying to get either OLL or ClrMAME to rename the files without compressing them. The WAD files don't compress at all so having them ZIPped just so I can rename them would be pretty silly. Any ideas?

EDIT: Every time I update OLL tried to Update the pictures even though they're the same.

It sucks that you MUST compress files with OLL... send an email to the author and MAYBE we might persuade him to fix it?

Nago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey Methanoid: How should I do System tags in the VC dat?

Should I put them in hardcoded into the Title? (E.g, Super Mario World (SNES)) or should I put them as the Comment Field (by themselves so you can sort by it in OLL)?

Open to suggestions.

fixitman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally would prefer the system tags to be in the comment for OLL. After each update to my collection, I change the ROM naming mask to "VC-%n". I then check the box to "rename ROMs inside archive files". After clicking OK, I hit F8 to rename the entire set. After that is done, I change the ROM naming mask back to "%u - %n". Finally, I uncheck "rename ROMs inside archive files", and F8 one more time. This makes the wads easy to sort through after extraction, while still making the OLL list easy to track by release number. If you put only the system tags in the comments, it will be possible to rename the wads with a mask like "VC (%e) %n".

Nago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why you'd have to go through all of that trouble, OLL has the ability to name the archive and the inside rom differently according to different masks already... why complicate it?

Are you using an older version, perhaps?

fixitman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using version 0.7.2a. I went to the link in the about window (http://offlinelist.free.fr/), seems to be the latest version. Am I missing something?

jab2004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fixitman said:
I'm using version 0.7.2a. I went to the link in the about window (http://offlinelist.free.fr/), seems to be the latest version. Am I missing something?

Hi Fixitman

try setting the ROM Naming section on offline list to something like this

Name is List: %u - %n
File Name: VC - %n
Archive Name: %u - %n

This would put it something like this.

Name is List: 0001 - My Pokemon Ranch
File Name: VC - My Pokemon Ranch
Archive Name: 0001 - My Pokemon Ranch

the Zip would be called - 0001 - My Pokemon Ranch.zip
The file inside the Zip would be - VC - My Pokemon Ranch.wad

hope this helps a little

Nago - any update on how the VC dat is getting on the WiiWare one is perfect and upto date looking foward to using the VC one as well

fixitman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ROM naming section on my install only has one field to enter a naming mask. There doesn't appear to be any way to set more than one mask at a time. Am I using the latest version, and if so, am I maybe missing a plugin for it?

fixitman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I needed, TYVM. I thought there was one last beta out there somewhere, but I couldn't seems to find a link.

Nago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
The VC is current through August 8th, 2009. I have been going through it and double-checking information. I've been going in Alphabetical order. I'm on "T". (875/1004). There have been 40 releases since then. I had hoped to have a version out today, but tomorrow is looking more likely.

In related news: Thanks to OneUp and SUNSHiNE, all of the PAL VC games have finally been dumped. In addition, most of the Language-Specific versions (Italian, French, German, Spanish) have been dumped also; all that is missing is five French releases.

Neat!

Edit: not five minutes after I posted this, the five French releases got dumped. Haha, 45 releases I'm behind on now. At least European VC is 100% now, though
smile.gif

jab2004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nago

nice one for all the hard work this must be a complete pain but its going to be perfect when it is released

once again thank you for all the hard work

save me trying to learn how to do the think myself lol

Nago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
It's actually something I've really enjoyed. When I started this project, I was adding releases manually by hand to a spreadsheet and manually getting the CRCs.

Then I progressed to using AutoIt3 to generate small snippets of a .CSV file so I could paste CRCs into my spreadsheet in large chunks.

Then I progressed to importing my .csv from excel into mySQL, and made myself a web-based table editor so that I could start entering data in that way, and made a series of PHP utilities to automatically enter in a lot of information automatically.

At the moment, the WiiWare dat is 90% automated, with the only values I have to fill in manually are additional languages, game Title (which I hope to fix tonight or tomorrow!), publisher (Which I hope to fix this week!), and Duplicate ID - The duplicate ID I am hoping to come up with a "Suggestion" script to query the database and fill the value if it is confident in a match, or leave it blank if it is a new game.

It's been a learning experience for sure. I've made an FTP, RSS, and IRC bot out of PHP, learned a lot of mySQL, and feel like I've accomplished a lot. It's actually been sort of fun in that way, but I am starting to get tired of editing the VC table (That one is still in excel! I can't move it to mySQL until it is 100% up to date, because all of my tools don't gracefully fill "backlog".)

For VC: I finished double-checking my data, I have to add the 45 releases now. Soon, soon, soon!

jab2004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Think ill copy off my VC collection so i can run them through the new dat tomorrow then crappy USB2 external HDD going to take me about 40 mins to copy it off the HDD is only am only laptop drive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9