Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
berlinka said:
Hadrian said:
Alien Crush Returns is on WiiWare now, been looking forward to it.
Never heard of it before. But according to this little clip it's AWESOME AWESOMENESS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYFl7P6Wc_4

(Metroid Prime Pinball, eat chain!)
Yeah I dunno if you've heard of Alien Crush or Devils Crush on the PC Engine/TurboGrfx but they were great too. Really pleased with what Hudson have done with WiiWare.

skroooagh

Trophies
XP
Country
So I found the MM9 PAL DLC, a complete WAD with all DLC included, but it won't install! Gives me -1022 errors with Wad Manager 1.3. I'm running 3.3E and HBC beta 8, if that matters. The regular MM9 game installs just fine, and other incomplete DLC packs have installed before, so this is really annoying, especially as I had to delete my save file. Any help?

Kajun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
skroooagh said:
So I found the MM9 PAL DLC, a complete WAD with all DLC included, but it won't install! Gives me -1022 errors with Wad Manager 1.3. I'm running 3.3E and HBC beta 8, if that matters. The regular MM9 game installs just fine, and other incomplete DLC packs have installed before, so this is really annoying, especially as I had to delete my save file. Any help?

I have a similar problem as skroooagh.

My setup: Wii 1st gen (+Wiikey clone), Firmware 3.2E, Homebrew Channel beta9, Wad Manager 1.3.

Problem 1: MM9 PAL DLC and Dr. Mario PAL WADs install fine, but upon starting them the well known problem of a Wii Reboot will come up.

Solution Attempt 1: Following Tichinde925's guide here. Didn't work (problem 2).

Problem 2: When dragging & dropping the folder with unpacked files to IOS33-Plus or IOS35-Plus, I get first get an error 'Unknown File Structure!' when uncompressing 00000001.dol, and then later on 'no video mode found' when trying to detect video modes. Also, when using the Generic Wii Patcher, no error 001 string or country string can be found. The resulting packed WAD will not install on the Wii.
Also, when just using the IOS33 or IOS35 batches (no plus), the packing process will have no error, but trying to install the WADs on the Wii will result in a -1022 error.

Since the original WADs install just fine, I don't think they are corrupt files. There is something wrong in the patching process, but I can't quite figure how to solve it. Is my common-key.bin right? Its contents is an ascii string "Key=**,**,**,**,**,**,**,**,**,**,**,**,**,**,**,**", is that correct? (Please note that I'm not asking for the key itself, just that a verification that the format I gave is the right one).

EDIT: OK, this wasn't obvious for me, but the contents of common-key.bin should not an ascii string, but rather the hex representation (I think). Using the latter solved the problems for me. Looking at the various posts over the 'net, basically a 'ret -1022' might mean:
- that the game is not (properly) uninstalled, from a previous session. You might want to retry uninstalling the game;
- the game is corrupt. Try redownloading the game;
- the common key bin used is not correct. Make sure it's in hex format.

Hazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got target toss pro today. Does anyone have a guide on how to dump the game? I'd like to share with the community here if anyone is interested.

vegeta4ss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hear a bit of talk about bad .wad installs bricking systems. To date, has there been any releases of wiiware or virtual console that could be potentially dangerous?

toastert2003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vegeta4ss said:
I hear a bit of talk about bad .wad installs bricking systems. To date, has there been any releases of wiiware or virtual console that could be potentially dangerous?

stick with the wads you see released in here.. the exact file name released here... if it is for your region and it has the same filename as what you read here, you should be fine... i think somewhere there is a thread that tells you exactly the filesize of the releases the 'scene' has made, and the 'scene' for wiiware basically consists of the stuff that is reported here.

as far as 'dangerous' if you wanna keep yourself protected, the bad things are "injected wads" that haven't been tested thoroughly, because sometimes the image files for the banners aren't right, and that causes a "banner brick"

from what i have read though, if you install a file that isn't from your region (e.g. if you are NTSC, and you install a PAL wad) you actually should be fine, because it just gives an error upon booting it, and you should then be able to still just remove the wad file that didn't work.)

but, no.. there are really no rampant reports of lots of bad wad files for wiiware/vc.... don't install anything you don't trust, and grab them from somewhere that has comments section where other people have stated they work.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I haven't got bricked from a wad.
smile.gif

Jetpac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
digging up an old thread here, but is there a fully working version of Family Table tennis for PAL dumbed yet? (that doesn't have the home button error)

cucukshow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
can somebody is update list of wiiware games worked with freethewads?? some good new games is comed out now i lick to try them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...