Homebrew Wiiware, VC and Homebrew Forwarder ISO's

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
@mugotu

That is absolutely possible.
smile.gif

I'd like to sort out why it doesn't always behave the same on different windows versions first (if I can) and then I'll add in-line arguments so you can tell it where the directories are.

In the meantime, here's a version that will auto-process the whole wad directory.

run it, right click the tray icon and select ''auto-run" (funnily enough!)
biggrin.gif

Enjoy
wink.gif

3 ISO's Buddy (silent)

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
maybe screen resolution has a factor if you are using mouse clicks at all. If your using control-IDs for direct inoput I dont see why it shouldnt work on ALL windows pcs. Also, if on vista or xp both the buddy and 3isos would need to be ran with administrator, even if UAC is off, because:
1. both need to be ran under the same rights in order to interact with eachother.
2. need administrator rights to control the mouse.

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
mugotu said:
maybe screen resolution has a factor if you are using mouse clicks at all. If your using control-IDs for direct inoput I dont see why it shouldnt work on ALL windows pcs. Also, if on vista or xp both the buddy and 3isos would need to be ran with administrator, even if UAC is off, because:
1. both need to be ran under the same rights in order to interact with eachother.
2. need administrator rights to control the mouse.

Only 2 instances in wiiscrubber cannot be accessed any other way but with actual mouse clicks.
The mouse clicks co-ords are relative to the window in question - not the screen.

In the latest rev I have disabled keyboard and mouse input immediately before and re-enabled immediately after, so hopefully that will ensure there is nothing stealing focus at that point.

All other input is control commands / control clicks directed to particular window, and so not affected by other actions.

Screen resolution is not a factor, I have tried in many different resolutions and it has no effect on the operation of the program.

So I can see no logical reason why it works in windows 7 but apparently fails in XP (unless the control commands differ between the 2)

Up until now I have been working 'blind' in this regard, but I have decided to dust off my XP disc and setup a system so I can see for myself exactly where it is failing. All that's holding me back is finding the disc
smile.gif

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
well, just let me know what folders it currently checks so I can make sure v5 works. I wasnt on the development of this until we started building v5 fresh. v5 goes through all wads in a folder and completes the process for that wad before moving to the next wad, so it wont be much of a hassle to use a static folder like temp\ISO\ for building the partition and ISO. Between your app and the new 64bit support I think all the old issues with 3isos are worked out, its great.

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
It looks in $source_dir\wad for wadfiles (if there are none then auto knows it's finished)

PB sound folder points to $source_dir\Forwarders-ISO'S\game\make_iso\sound

WS Load ISO pointed at $source_dir\Forwarders-ISO'S\game\make_iso\

and $source_dir\Forwarders-ISO'S\game\make_iso\ is where PB and WS are aimed at for partition1.img

although the last one obviously can be anywhere, as long as I keep them the same.

Any of this can be easily changed to suit your folders, should you decide to move things around
smile.gif

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
Tristar said:
It looks in $source_dir\wad for wadfiles (if there are none then auto knows it's finished)

PB sound folder points to $source_dir\Forwarders-ISO'S\game\make_iso\sound

WS Load ISO pointed at $source_dir\Forwarders-ISO'S\game\make_iso\

and $source_dir\Forwarders-ISO'S\game\make_iso\ is where PB and WS are aimed at for partition1.img

although the last one obviously can be anywhere, as long as I keep them the same.

Any of this can be easily changed to suit your folders, should you decide to move things around
smile.gif

If you have a few mins someday soon can you make a version that points to:
$source_dir\Temp\ISO (Everything except the sound will be put here, input and output, both WS and PB)
$source_dir\Temp\ISO\Sound

Probably wouldnt be a good Idea to release this version publicly here yet since it wont work with current 3isos but with your permission we would like to bundle this into v5. I'll help any way I can to help fix OS compatibility with you xD

I know it seems it doesnt make any sense to move things around but the things I remembered most when I first used 3ISOS the first time was that you had to dig around a little to figure out what folders were for what, and until you have them all figured out some people can be kind of lost. That, and no 64bit support. I'll be adding more help info to it as well as a proper readme but I just want this to be uber simple for even the noobest of noobs.

When I got the source of 3isos it was a whopping 5700 lines of code, I beleive this time around the app shouldl be less than 2000 lines, with more functionality and higher reliability.

Anyways, if you make that version let me know, as long as I can put the bins/imgs in those folders and call 3isosbuddy.exe from the DOS script then one of these
grog.gif
for you xD.
The object of v5 is *NO* user input.

luck_gh0st

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i see now that you have a buddy r4 version. Well I tried the r2 didn't work through my XP virtual machine it didn't start when the partition builder came up it just said something like waiting for 3ISO so i tried the original again and it still works fine I think i will try the new one soon and thanks guys for all of your effort on this great app

wy6SK.png

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
Tristar said:
I'll do that. And yeah, bundle it with whatever you like
wink.gif

The problem with XP was not the script but the fact that the 3ISO'S window title is different in each OS. (no Administrator: at the front in XP)

Fixed now 3 ISO's Buddy (XP compatible)
smile.gif

Sweet, just pm me with the link whenever you can make 3ISOSv5Buddy, I'll add you to our credits.
(If 3isos buddy is ran from a "limited access" account in win7 I think it is different too, hopefully the change you made will work in win7 under those accounts too xD)

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
OK - Here it is
smile.gif
3 ISO's Buddy rev6

It will sort your files into the correct folders too! If you do happen to have wads & dols & pngs all in the same folder, just select all of 'em.

They will be copied to the correct folder for 3ISO to use.
yay.gif

Then just double click the 3ISO exe or tick 'Auto-Run' and off she goes. I've captured as many hiccups as I could and those wads are moved into a "Failed Titles" folder and the program skips to the next file in order to keep it going. When it's done you can move them back into the wads folder and have another go. I've noticed that some files do get processed OK the second or umteenth go around
wink.gif

I have tried it on XP Windows 7 (admin) and (restricted) and it seems to work OK on all of them.

@mugotu
I will PM you with some extra details
ph34r.gif

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
v5 status: makes beautiful covers finally, updates dols pending data2.bin, tomorrow will make function to create the ISOs (option to NOT create ISOs even though it is automated). After that we move on to homebrew.

I'm holding off on releasing an ISO/Cover maker for homebrew until I can code something that will utilize wiitdb.xml in 3isos. The old way of entering your own custom ID for homebrew is not efficient enough because I don't want people making 50 HB isos/coversets and uploading them to wiitdb only for the next guy to do it again on the same apps and use different IDs. Imagine after 100 ppl do that, wiitdb would be in defcon5...SO...

After having a long chat with lustar I think all homebrew covers and ISOs will follow an ID mapped within Either "D..A" or "D..H" . We are checking up on whether or not ninty will ever release Demo channels for DL from the ninty channel, and it is figured that they will not then it will be "D..A"
(Demo DISCs carry the "D" in the consoleID slot of DISC titles, we are unsure of the possibility of Demo CHANNELS)

like DWFA or DWFH would be wiiflow, depending on which convention is selected.
D is for Dol and H is for Homebrew (since homebrew really isnt localized) and A is ninty-talk for Any-Region.

THEN, if a HB app is not on wiitdb it will only allow creating ID's that start with a certain banned character and have also a region code which is banned from wiitdb.

So the only option is to either add it to wiitdb FIRST or NOT share your covers/ISOs. The app will autoDL wiitdb.xml.

I know this makes this the cover making 1/2 of this program semi obselete in a few months but its for the better good of our covers xD.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
I think pep means 3ISOsStudiov5. We wont officially release it until we have data2.bin finished and it is working as planned with 3isosBuddy the way we want. Right now the code only makes VC or Generic WW covers, and the ISO making files and programs are not posted up yet. I still need to make it "legal" by adding the common-key generater, rather than having to maually copy it in.

I was just trying to give an update on the status xD. There are still alot of features that we want to add. Especially the wiitdb.xml support. Thats going to give us options to make covers with the detailed info on the back, and possibly with Covers Titled in your own language.

luck_gh0st

Trophies
XP
Country
ok 3ISOsStudiov5 ok not the buddy I gotcha now. well i've made 3 more successful wiiware isos with no probs at all next I'll try some VC game isos

4468293218_3f2a4d40c1_o.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon: anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator is bad in my book, i...