Gaming With the price drop, do you regret buying the 3DS early?

With the price drop, do you regret buying the 3DS early?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Feels Good Man said:
Slyakin said:
Let me be honest.

I feel like I WAS FUCKING ROBBED. 250 -> 170? And I only get FUCKING 20 GAMES? THE FUCK NINTENDO? I swear...

They should send a golden limousine and give us all the extra money we spent, because that's how fucking rich Nintendo is.

Only 20 games? How many do you want?
20 Sounds plenty, but they should make more stuff available and let users pick 20 games.

Out of the games listed so far.. I like 2 or maybe 3.

Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Slyakin said:
Feels Good Man said:
Slyakin said:
Let me be honest.

I feel like I WAS FUCKING ROBBED. 250 -> 170? And I only get FUCKING 20 GAMES? THE FUCK NINTENDO? I swear...

They should send a golden limousine and give us all the extra money we spent, because that's how fucking rich Nintendo is.

Only 20 games? How many do you want?
I don't WANT the games. I want my MONEY BACK.

80 bucks, to be exact. I've already played through these games multiple times.

Your original post you're complaining that they're only giving you 20 games for compensation >__>.

I highly suggest you don't buy stuff at launch anymore, from any company.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feels Good Man said:
Your original post you're complaining that they're only giving you 20 games for compensation >__>.

I highly suggest you don't buy stuff at launch anymore, from any company.
I guess I worded it a bit wrong. Sorry, I'm still half asleep when I heard the news.

And I've learned my lesson. I'm not getting anything until it's easy to hack now.

(I'm looking at you, Vita)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hang on - can I just check something here....

according to the main page post
QUOTE said:
....there is a very special gift for gamers who connect their 3DSes to wifi on August 11th before 11:59pm (EST). ....Likely to give a special treat for people who paid full price for the system before August 12th, Nintendo is offering some free VC games to those who do this. .
QUOTE said:
.. those of us that have brought a 3DS 'early' have to just visit the eshop on the 11th August (we don't need to buy/download anything or register any credit etc) & we'll get the opportunity to download 20 free (10 NES/ 10 GBA) games ???? (& be part of the exclusive 'ambassador' membership) and this is a WORLDWIDE thing... not just a USA or Japan thing !!!!

If that is so then I'm gonna be one glad user.... Mainly because I brought MY 3DS cheap anyway (it's a 2nd hand one)
yay.gif
and I've never brought anything from the DSi/3DS shop ever

QUOTE20 Sounds plenty, but they should make more stuff available and let users pick 20 games.

Out of the games listed so far.. I like 2 or maybe 3.
I agree though - would be nice to have us be able to CHOOSE which games to download - but IIRC some games cost more than others. so I would say - give us 'Ambassadors' a £80 'credit' (or whatever the price discount happens to be in your country) on the shop instead, & we can use that to buy whatever we want (not just GBA/NES games)

BlazerRazor

Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't really make much sense to regret a launch purchase. Almost every commodity will fall in price over its lifetime... this is to be expected.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don`t regret it at all. Not even remotely now they offer these 20 free games...

I bought my 3DS at launch-day for 222€ with a free game (Sims 3), which I sold for 27€ immediately without even opening it (
tongue.gif
). So essentially I bought my 3DS for 195€ at launch.

So the difference to what the unit will cost (169€) and what I paid for it back a few months ago is 26€.

Now when Nintendo would have asked me at launch the following: "Master Mo, when you buy a 3DS now you have to pay 26€ more but you get a the unit 4 to 5 months earlier and you will get 10 NES and 10 GBA or GBÂ games for free!" ...There wouldn`t have been a moment of hesitation.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Ds phat had a busted hindge , battery life was about an hour, and the "L" and "R" buttons did not respond half the time. So i looked at the DSi for $169 ( Which would be outdated ) or the new 3DS a garanteed one up in the system. So no i do not regret it.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes very annoyed, so much so I went and stuck mine on ebay this morning and hoping to sell it before the news gets well known, well the auction ends on Sunday, anybody want a 3DS with Dead or Alive Dimensions, starting bid of £120 on ebay.

I feel kinda cheated, so maximize what little profit I may receive.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yusuo said:
Yes very annoyed, so much so I went and stuck mine on ebay this morning and hoping to sell it before the news gets well known, well the auction ends on Sunday, anybody want a 3DS with Dead or Alive Dimensions, starting bid of £120 on ebay.

I feel kinda cheated, so maximize what little profit I may receive.
You should actually take that down, download all the free games, and then put it back up. You'll get more money that way.

"3DS with 20 free games!"

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I revoke my old remark. I didn't realize you can only participate in ambassador program if you bought your 3ds before the price drop. I'm alright with the price drop since I get 10 free NES VC games plus 10 exclusive GBA VC gamse that I wouldn't have access to otherwise.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
there you go.to all the people who keep saying that 3d is so expensive nintendo had to make the system 250. they really were just greedy all along. wow, this price drop came fast.

that aside. the new price is fantastic! haha

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
A few thoughts....

Nintendo have not only pre-warned us, but offered an apology and some freebies- many people I know bought the I-Phone 4 for a ludicrous price just to have one on launch day, within 2 months the pre-pay price as well as contracts had dropped a very large amount (£200 or there abouts). Did Apple offer an apology? Did they give any free apps to the early adopters? No, they assumed that people would be satisfied with showing off how rich they were.

They didn't have to offer us anything- as has been repeatedly stated they could have just dropped the price anyway when the Vita came out and treated us all terribly. They didn't. Hopefully Nintendo have set a precedent for making it up to the early adopters- I still recall the painful sting of discovering the PS2 had dropped almost £70 in price within 8 months of me buying one. There was no announcement, no fanfare, just one day I was in GAME buying a... game when I noticed that the console was suddenly massively cheaper and I played that far less than I play any Nintendo console!

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking Nintendo got scared with the vita's price. Plus the vita from day one is going to play psp, psone classics, and minis all from the playstation store. It took the 3ds a month to get an digital store and the only nice things on it were Zelda and mario. The e-shop is far behind the ps-store, combined that with the Vita having (now had) the same price, nintendo must of been shaking. We have to face the truth. This price drop and 20 free games for early buyers is truly one thing and one thing only, DAMAGE CONTROL!

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm, i wonder if getting these select 'Ambassador only' games on our 3DS they will in fact go up in price? (eventually) As not a lot of people will have them..but then it's probably only playable if we're logged in with our account, and in that case..probably not
frown.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't say I regret it, I got it as a birthday present and half the fun of a new console is having it first, the playing around with streetpass etc. I've started playing my NGPC and Dingoo on the way to work instead at the moment though because there nothig to play on it. I'd be excited about all those old games if I wasn't such a pirate and didn't have them at my fingertips anyway so maybe some people will be pleased by it.

Imagine if the only exploit found in the 3DS was in the GBA emulator, which was only available to ambassadors
smileipb2.png

D

Deleted User

I'm okay with buying the 3DS at launch. I had traded in my DSi XL so I wasn't paying the full $250 to begin with (and I really didn't want my XL anymore)

splinters

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Europe does get the free games. I see retailers (amazon) already reduced their price so there is a good chance of getting a cheap console before the August 11th deadline and still get the free games.
I sold my 3DS just days ago, looks like i timed that right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/sCLvocTX2Ug