Hardware 3ds CFW: Restoring functionality on a new SD card

Finale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, i just wanted to say, this have been helpful. I bought a moded 3ds and i followed the guide in the first page. However, when i launch the rosalina menu and try to access download play(as asked on the guide) i get the following error:
An exception occurred
processor: Arm11(core 1)
exception type: undefined instruction
current process: loader(000000000000000000)

are the files in the archive of the first page outdated? I downloaded the most recent one, from september 2020. Sorry in advance.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello, i just wanted to say, this have been helpful. I bought a moded 3ds and i followed the guide in the first page. However, when i launch the rosalina menu and try to access download play(as asked on the guide) i get the following error:
An exception occurred
processor: Arm11(core 1)
exception type: undefined instruction
current process: loader(000000000000000000)

are the files in the archive of the first page outdated? I downloaded the most recent one, from september 2020. Sorry in advance.
But, according to the guide (finalizing setup), you must first to hold open the "Download play" app and later open Rosalina Menu and choose the indicated options

However, check if you have the boot.3dsx file (corresponding to Homebrew Menu) on the SD card root (or just perform again that the guide says). And also try opening/selecting another 3DS app for that (except "Healt & Safety" or "Faceraiders").

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Finale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
But, according to the guide (finalizing setup), you must first to hold open the "Download play" app and later open Rosalina Menu and choose the indicated options

However, check if you have the boot.3dsx file (corresponding to Homebrew Menu) on the SD card root (or just perform again that the guide says). And also try opening/selecting another 3DS app for that (except "Healt & Safety" or "Faceraiders").

No,no,i expressed myself wrong. I do open the download play app first and set up rosalina menu as detailed in the guide. Its just that, after setting up the rosalina menu as indicated and trying to re-open again, it will give me that error, instead of launching the homebrew menu.

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
No,no,i expressed myself wrong. I do open the download play app first and set up rosalina menu as detailed in the guide. Its just that, after setting up the rosalina menu as indicated and trying to re-open again, it will give me that error, instead of launching the homebrew menu.
Oh... Then just try to do that I said on the last paragraph from my above message

And check that your system version was updated to latest (or at least, it was superior to 4.x)

Edit: It seems that the "finalizing setup" section of the guide doesn't indicate to put the boot.3dsx file from Homebrew Menu. Then, you must download from here and put it on the SD card root:

https://github.com/fincs/new-hbmenu/releases/tag/v2.2.0

Last edited by fmkid,

Finale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh... Then just try to do that I said on the last paragraph from my above message

And check that your system version was updated to latest (or at least, it was superior to 4.x)

Edit: It seems that the "finalizing setup" section of the guide doesn't indicate to put the boot.3dsx file from Homebrew Menu. Then, you must download from here and put it on the SD card root:

I see, so i have to change boot.3dsx file in the root of my sd (the one from the setup in the first page) for this one that you just linked?

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I see, so i have to change boot.3dsx file in the root of my sd (the one from the setup in the first page) for this one that you just linked?
Yep, it doesn't hurt with try it. But have in account the other advices that I gave to you, in case of the error persists:

And also try opening/selecting another 3DS app for that (except "Healt & Safety" or "Faceraiders").

Finale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Yep, it doesn't hurt with try it. But have in account the other advices that I gave to you, in case of the error persists:

Ok,i managed to do it. The problem wasn't the files, it was the sd card. The card i was using before was a sdcx 64gb card, that i had formatted as fat32 using mini tools. Apparently,it wasn't compatible. I tried with my 1gb normal card and it worked, but now what am i even supposed to do with so little space heh. Well, thanks regardless.

Reactions: fmkid

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Ok,i managed to do it. The problem wasn't the files, it was the sd card. The card i was using before was a sdcx 64gb card, that i had formatted as fat32 using mini tools. Apparently,it wasn't compatible. I tried with my 1gb normal card and it worked, but now what am i even supposed to do with so little space heh. Well, thanks regardless.
Ok. In that case, make a backup of your 64GB SD card and perform the quadruple format technique (by @TurdPooCharger)

Wafflesyrup

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have fbi and all that stuff on a 32gb SD card. I have received the 3ds like this from someone and I have been able to add games through fbi. I want to upgrade to a 128gb SD card and my question is, can you copy all the content that is on the 32gb over to the 128gb sd card and just pop it in to the 3ds and keep adding games?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have fbi and all that stuff on a 32gb SD card. I have received the 3ds like this from someone and I have been able to add games through fbi. I want to upgrade to a 128gb SD card and my question is, can you copy all the content that is on the 32gb over to the 128gb sd card and just pop it in to the 3ds and keep adding games?

yes

Raikooo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I honestly feel so bad for mentioning this so late.
But the rosalina menu still doesnt want to show up, even after doing the A9lh to B9S... After that tutorial it didnt even do the last part ("Your device should have rebooted into the Luma3DS configuration menu") and just rebooted into the normal screen after a small black screen moment.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly feel so bad for mentioning this so late.
But the rosalina menu still doesnt want to show up, even after doing the A9lh to B9S... After that tutorial it didnt even do the last part ("Your device should have rebooted into the Luma3DS configuration menu") and just rebooted into the normal screen after a small black screen moment.
Down, select, and L?

CoreyOreoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, idk if anyone's still active I'm this thread, but I'm having an issue with my microSD as well.
It was fine at first on the 4GB microSD given inside the new 3ds xl, then I moved to 128GB microSD, worked fine, but now I added more stuff to it, most apps from the homebrew have disappeared, so the only ones I can see are the original Nintendo apps, and a couple apps that were installed from universal updater, anyone know what is going on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :cry: You arent'? :cry:
    [tells my mom not to send you anymore Christmas presents] :evil: :rofl2: :tpi:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im a minor
    So. I'm a Major
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im under 18
    I'm waaaaaaaaaay over 18. lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that makes you a pedo
    Pedo = 1. child 2. boy 3. ? I forgot. But I wish I were still a "Boy" :sad::cry::cry::cry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant simping over someone under 18 while you are over 18 makes you a pedophile
    And when did I "simp" you?
    Just go make me the darn coffee :angry:
    Tea?
    LoL lmao
    L8er dude. going to watch YT's on the Ukraine/ruskie war.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi,tbh i think im
    not interested in whats going on irl
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tomorrow's memorial day, so i've been looking for a playlist, but it's all just country and alternative rock
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, memorial day for who?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why the hell can't i find one with a song about the soldiers who died in battle, the very reason we celebrate
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Bake them a cake :ninja:
    +1
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    I can change my name back tomorrow
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, what will your new username be?
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    My original one
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about the actual reasons behind it. For most it's just another reason to get shit faced drunk and spout off hyper-patriotic nonsense. The Trumpers around here going to be out in full force with their trucks and guns and flags making noise all over town. Hard pass.
    +1
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about... +1