Hardware Anywhere to buy a AGS-101 in the UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stepppp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all

Im looking for the brighter version AGS-101 SP...im in the UK.

Anyone know a place that sells them?

Failing that im going to have to import one, really want an SP but know ive read about the newer model id much prefer that one if it is that much better.

Are they much better than the standard SPs, will it really be wise to spend the extra cash on the newer model?

Anyone care to give me an honest answer.

Thanks

redviper

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The "bright" model has a backlit screen. The viewing experience is pretty much comparable to the GBA micro. It's much better than the standard SP. Look here:

gba-sp-goes-brighter-20050921020330737-000.jpg

Unfortunately I don't know where to buy it
frown.gif

EDIT: Just found a shop and ordered
smile.gif
gadget-asia.com

Lluvia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.lluvia.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you don't want a brand new one, you can look at ebay. They're sold there quite often (at least on german ebay), the only challenge is to find them, because most people don't know that they have the new one. In Germany you have to look at the packing. The new model always has the GBA on it, the older ones not. If you want to make sure you really buy the new model, just ask the seller to look at the back of the GBA and check the model number.

Edit:
Check out this thread, before you decide to buy one
wink.gif

bokke

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Could you please tell me, if you ever played the old GBA SP, how big is the difference? I mean, compared to the backlit version how good is the older sfrom the pictures the older sp looks pretty bad. thanks

redviper

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WARNING

Don't buy GBA SP Brighter from gadget-asia! They sell it with fake housing, battery, power supply and even retail box. Also the 5 games that come with the bundle are fake and low quality. The battery of SMB3 died after a few days. I guess they sell used SP's as new ones after replacing the original housings with faked ones.

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
bokke said:
Could you please tell me, if you ever played the old GBA SP, how big is the difference? I mean, compared to the backlit version how good is the older sfrom the pictures the older sp looks pretty bad. thanks

I have played both. There's a big difference between the two. The improved AGS-101 model is far better.

The AGS-101 Game Boy Advance SP has a bright backlit setting very similar to DS Lite and Game Boy Micro's brightest settings.

In contrast, the original Game Boy Advance SP's screen can be compared to the original DS for its strength of backlight; it's relatively poor. If you've experienced the original DS versus DS Lite you can appreciate the difference; it's totally noticeable.

Personally, I find the original Game Boy Advance SP charming in its own way (front-lit screen with low brightness), but there are too often times I want more brightness from the screen. Any model you buy new now would have to be the AGS-101, anyway. Unless someone has some really old stock out there
wink.gif

stepppp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Eventually found one on ebay, it was pretty badly scratched on the shell so i purchased a new shell from deal xtreme for around 3 quid i think it was.

Changed the shell over and now i have an awesome AGS-101 Gameboy SP in pristine condition all for 18 pounds
smile.gif

Brilliant little handheld.

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
stepppp said:
Eventually found one on ebay, it was pretty badly scratched on the shell so i purchased a new shell from deal xtreme for around 3 quid i think it was.

Changed the shell over and now i have an awesome AGS-101 Gameboy SP in pristine condition all for 18 pounds
smile.gif

Brilliant little handheld.

Well done. I much prefer playing GBA on this than the DS Lite. Feels a lot better, gaming more enjoyable, not to mention multiplayer being possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4rPCxHN1Zg