Are there any Wii games left to translate? What would you like to see!

WiiML

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hi WiiAdventurer.
Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes it's a expansion like Sengoku Basara 3 Utage that's missing in the list of untranslated games.
Monster Hunter G have a partial english patch covering very basic stuff.
Inazuma Eleven Go Strikers 2013 have a english patch but only as custom textures for dolphin, for wii there's a full spanish patch.
Tales of Graces have a spanish patch.
There's also english patches as custom textures for Sengoku basara 2, Heroes and 3 Utage on dolphin.

NewGBAXL

Professional Helirin Pilot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has Samurai Warriors 3 XL been translated yet?
(Here's kinda what I know, take it with a grain of salt)
I think multiple attempts were made to translate 3 Utage / 3 Deluxe however there are various technical limitations and romhacking required that have not been completed yet.
The gfx designer for the project told me that a big reason why the project is on hold is because they could not find a decent way to edit raw text in the game. WiiML here seems to suggest that images were implemented as custom textures and that basically heavily hints that not much progress has been made to reverse engineer the file formats.

The current team is working on SW4 for the PS3, and may work on Utage after they're done, in which case I might try to take a stab at the hacking.

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Here's kinda what I know, take it with a grain of salt)
I think multiple attempts were made to translate 3 Utage / 3 Deluxe however there are various technical limitations and romhacking required that have not been completed yet.
The gfx designer for the project told me that a big reason why the project is on hold is because they could not find a decent way to edit raw text in the game. WiiML here seems to suggest that images were implemented as custom textures and that basically heavily hints that not much progress has been made to reverse engineer the file formats.

The current team is working on SW4 for the PS3, and may work on Utage after they're done, in which case I might try to take a stab at the hacking.
4 got an English release on PS3 and Vita as a digital download. Why are they working on a translated game, unless it's for a different unsupported language?

NewGBAXL

Professional Helirin Pilot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4 got an English release on PS3 and Vita as a digital download. Why are they working on a translated game, unless it's for a different unsupported language?
My mistake, read Samurai Warriors as Sengoku Basara..
(Both Samurai Warriors 3 and Sengoku Basara 3 were released worldwide but had Japanese exclusive deluxe versions)

Reactions: wiiAdventurer

wiiAdventurer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, both Sengoku Basara 2 and 3 have seen partial translations using images (via Dolphin), that was mentioned in the opening, though I made that a bit clearer now. Sorry for any confusion.

As far as I'm aware and from what I can find online, Sengoku Basara 2 was only released as a double pack on Wii in Japan. That is why I listed it as just "Sengoku Basara 2", I updated the name to be clearer. Does anyone have any information on whether there were individual releases?

I was aware of Inazuma Eleven Go Strikers 2013 having a partial image translation but forgot to put it in the list, that is updated, thanks for the reminder!

Doesn't seem like Monster Hunter G has seen much progress. There are a few comments about it and even a (partial?) patch but nothing released on RomHacking. Someone summarized the situation as of last year.

Has Samurai Warriors 3 XL been translated yet?
That is in the opening as "Sengoku Musou 3: Moushouden" (I believe that's the same game?). It is not translated as far as I'm aware.

Last edited by wiiAdventurer,
Reactions: NewGBAXL

WiiML

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Sengoku Basara 2 Double Pack includes Sengoku Basara 2 and Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes and the 2 Discs shares the same ID RBSJ08 use Wii Iso Renamer to have both on a loader, no individual releases.

That's right Sengoku Musou 3 Moushouden is Samurai Warriors 3 Expansion.

I found a partial english patched ISO of Monster Hunter G i think is the same from that forum :

The link is in the video description.
Post automatically merged:

Post automatically merged:

Naruto Shippuuden: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! Special have a english patch:

Last edited by WiiML,
Reactions: NewGBAXL

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, both Sengoku Basara 2 and 3 have seen partial translations using images (via Dolphin), that was mentioned in the opening, though I made that a bit clearer now. Sorry for any confusion.

As far as I'm aware and from what I can find online, Sengoku Basara 2 was only released as a double pack on Wii in Japan. That is why I listed it as just "Sengoku Basara 2", I updated the name to be clearer. Does anyone have any information on whether there were individual releases?

I was aware of Inazuma Eleven Go Strikers 2013 having a partial image translation but forgot to put it in the list, that is updated, thanks for the reminder!

Doesn't seem like Monster Hunter G has seen much progress. There are a few comments about it and even a (partial?) patch but nothing released on RomHacking. Someone summarized the situation as of last year.

That is in the opening as "Sengoku Musou 3: Moushouden" (I believe that's the same game?). It is not translated as far as I'm aware.
Yeah, same game. I was wondering if there were any updates. I know there's a save floating around that has the XL characters hacked in as custom officers for the original, but I was interested in the new story content.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER