Hacking Can you get banned switching from XCI to retail cart?

Lockerzpoints2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Important question. If you get the XCI of a game you're going to buy later, and you use the retail cart after removing the XCI file off your SD card, are you still probable to getting banned?

Lockerzpoints2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any involvement with xci's and nsps is bound to get you banned, it's a matter of time. I wouldn't if I were you, just wait.
I've actually never tried XCI to retail before. But currently, I've just done XCI and NSP in SXOS mode. OG firmware is all retail. No bans in months.

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have played Dark Souls and Diablo on XCI since they came out. I bought both games this week ands the week prior. Popped in my gamecarts and loaded up my saves. Havent been banned yet. Been doing homebrew stuff since it started. *knocks on wood*

Reactions: Lockerzpoints2

Lockerzpoints2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have played Dark Souls and Diablo on XCI since they came out. I bought both games this week ands the week prior. Popped in my gamecarts and loaded up my saves. Havent been banned yet. Been doing homebrew stuff since it started. *knocks on wood*

Great confirmation, thank you. Really appreciate it. I was just going to back up my NAND and reinstall it for when I get the retail cart to play online

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just keep in mind, I didn't say it wasn't possible to get banned. Imjust relaying my experience, and that I have not been banned.

Lockerzpoints2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just keep in mind, I didn't say it wasn't possible to get banned. Imjust relaying my experience, and that I have not been banned.

Yeah, I got it. I think SX OS stealth mode helps anyways. So no data gets sent to Nintendo. Maybe after I get my retail cart, I should delete the title off of my Switch in SXOS and then put my retail cart in. I think my saved data should be fine.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I did XCI to retail with many games, I just never use the XCI online, and I always make sure to set my Switch's clock manually to the release day of the game, if it's leaked early. That way my save file won't flag me for a ban When I go online with my retail copy in OFW. About to do the same thing for Smash, which is torrenting now.

Reactions: Lockerzpoints2

Lockerzpoints2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And now my experience.
Online from the beginning. Always used NSPs. Always used the official way of updating them. And still not banned.
Also, I have disabled telemetry sending (GDPR).
I did XCI to retail with many games, I just never use the XCI online, and I always make sure to set my Switch's clock manually to the release day of the game, if it's leaked early. That way my save file won't flag me for a ban When I go online with my retail copy in OFW. About to do the same thing for Smash, which is torrenting now.

Yeah like I got Smash pre-ordered but wanted to play it early without worry of a ban. I'm glad to hear this experience from you though, thank you. In terms of the save file, I believe it will be copied over the minute you pop Smash in so I think that should be okay. I'll be keeping my wifi off and using SXOS stealth mode still.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And now my experience.
Online from the beginning. Always used NSPs. Always used the official way of updating them. And still not banned.
Also, I have disabled telemetry sending (GDPR).

No bans on that matter? Honestly great to hear. I usually play it safe with NSPs especially.

Reactions: Jayro

GianniGente

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

So you do not need any steps/homebrew/ to use or import xci backup saves on retail cards using ofw?

Should I assume that saves are shared in the same folder both xci/cartridge?

Last edited by GianniGente,

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh no, I believe saves are stored in the system, not the XCI file/cart. That's why they were interchangeable.::EDIT:: I didnt use any steps or homebrew for it. Just went and played the XCI for a week or so, went to a store to buy the game for online functionality. Came home, popped in the cart and continued playing. The saves should be fine, but I am not sure if they are region free... I was using a USA XCI and got a USA game since I live in the states.

Last edited by ceelo,

GianniGente

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Uh no, I believe saves are stored in the system, not the XCI file/cart. That's why they were interchangeable.::EDIT:: I didnt use any steps or homebrew for it. Just went and played the XCI for a week or so, went to a store to buy the game for online functionality. Came home, popped in the cart and continued playing. The saves should be fine, but I am not sure if they are region free... I was using a USA XCI and got a USA game since I live in the states.
I was hoping to talk directly to you!
I wanted to send you a PM, but I couldn't because I'm a new user.
Thank you very much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious