Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well there ya go. Play stupid games play stupid prices

The MIG didn’t get him banned, being an idiot and cutting corners did
I totally agree with you.
At this point we can say that playing illegal incomplete backups with a mig leads to a ban.
I think there's no issues playing with own dumps.

I have a little OT question: if i dump one of my cartridge with the dumper, i will able to play with an emulator?

Reactions: Blythe93

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I totally agree with you.
At this point we can say that playing illegal incomplete backups with a mig leads to a ban.
I think there's no issues playing with own dumps.

I have a little OT question: if i dump one of my cartridge with the dumper, i will able to play with an emulator?
You should be able too no problem

I plan on using my dumper like a GBxCart(an NXxCart if you will) so I can just plug a game card into my pc and play it on the emulator without having to copy it to my hard drive first

Robmead23

Trophies
XP
Latest update from the mig switch telegram channel.

Meeting Day:

We have made the decision to release two versions of UnlockSwitch :

The first one will be our final open-source version with our two new chipsets. All our energy will be focused on this version, updates, etc.

The second version will be based on chipsets ice40/esp32s with its programmer as well.

By the time the files are leaked online, the hardware will already be available.

Reactions: Exnor and Blythe93

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm in an italian telegram group, and one user reported a ban.
He says he was always on airplane mode.
The first time he turned on the wi-fi he got banned.

*If you're asking:
I don't have the chip
No, the mig wasn't inserted in that moment
No, never played online

I simply update a game
So totally possible this was telemetry send then ban. Did he say if it was instant ban as soon as he connected online?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Latest update from the mig switch telegram channel.

Meeting Day:

We have made the decision to release two versions of UnlockSwitch :

The first one will be our final open-source version with our two new chipsets. All our energy will be focused on this version, updates, etc.

The second version will be based on chipsets ice40/esp32s with its programmer as well.

By the time the files are leaked online, the hardware will already be available.
MIG Switch people talking about Unlock Switch?

Statesman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in an italian telegram group, and one user reported a ban.
He says he was always on airplane mode.
The first time he turned on the wi-fi he got banned.

*If you're asking:
I don't have the chip
No, the mig wasn't inserted in that moment
No, never played online

I simply update a game
Seen so many people blame the Mig Switch for their ban and yet when pressed for details they either disappear and/or they say enough for others to realize they simply fucked up in some other way...plenty of trolls and fearmongering too.

sKoMo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Seen so many people blame the Mig Switch for their ban and yet when pressed for details they either disappear and/or they say enough for others to realize they simply fucked up in some other way...plenty of trolls and fearmongering too.
yes, but this episode states you can't safely use a rom found over the internet

Mig switch works, but isn't powerful half of a cfw. Since the vast majority of people will use it for piracy, this inevitably will lead to a ban.

The user mentioned before said it always played offline with this "internet roms" and the first time he connected to the internet he received the ban.
Once you start a "dirty rom" you f*** your console.

Statesman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, but this episode states you can't safely use a rom found over the internet

Mig switch works, but isn't powerful half of a cfw. Since the vast majority of people will use it for piracy, this inevitably will lead to a ban.

The user mentioned before said it always played offline with this "internet roms" and the first time he connected to the internet he received the ban.
Once you start a "dirty rom" you f*** your console.
No one said the Mig Switch was "as powerful as CFW". Besides, under the same conditions, both would have been "banned".

While I agree that using shared dumps means that console will be get a ban eventually, I have yet to see any confirmation of it actually being the case, outside of "anonymous" posts lacking details (like what you posted above). Note that I have a sacrificial Switch Lite updating hundreds of games with shared certificates without an issue for months, so this type of "instant ban but I did nothing" stories smell fishy to me.

And that is assuming pirates care about online connectivity anyway.

Reactions: sKoMo

fout21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
have a question. I'm not a fan of pirating games, but I do appreciate translated games. I'm interested in the MIG Switch and would like to know if the following would be possible with it. I want to play Yokai Watch 1, 2, and 4 on the Switch. Unfortunately, these games are only available in Japanese, and my Japanese isn't proficient enough to play them. Do you think it would be possible to create a dump of my legally purchased Yokai Watch games, then translate them, and play them on the MIG Switch?

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have a question. I'm not a fan of pirating games, but I do appreciate translated games. I'm interested in the MIG Switch and would like to know if the following would be possible with it. I want to play Yokai Watch 1, 2, and 4 on the Switch. Unfortunately, these games are only available in Japanese, and my Japanese isn't proficient enough to play them. Do you think it would be possible to create a dump of my legally purchased Yokai Watch games, then translate them, and play them on the MIG Switch?
You can not

Reactions: BigOnYa

Lightyose

True Light
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tested if the cart (when having games already on it), can be attached to the Dumper and have the Switch emulator read the games as if it were reading on the cartridge?

-

Hopefully I made the question adequately, I'm just curious, I like the concept of "emulation within emulation within emulation" and other similar concepts.

Reactions: BigOnYa

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tested if the cart (when having games already on it), can be attached to the Dumper and have the Switch emulator read the games as if it were reading on the cartridge?

-

Hopefully I made the question adequately, I'm just curious, I like the concept of "emulation within emulation within emulation" and other similar concepts.
One of the review videos did that before they where released

Thats the feature I'm most excited for. Especially if I can find a way to automate save file syncing between my switch and yuzu. Im hoping for a easy and somewhat seamless way to move from official hardware to increased resolution

Lightyose

True Light
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
One of the review videos did that before they where released

Thats the feature I'm most excited for. Especially if I can find a way to automate save file syncing between my switch and yuzu. Im hoping for a easy and somewhat seamless way to move from official hardware to increased resolution
Okay, very cool, thanks for the info! Do you happen to know what video it is?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc