Homebrew Misc can't access parental controls on wii u error 160 -0103 (homebrew)

Ronrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have tiramisu and aroma installed, I went to log in to the pretendo account to play online, but when I go to the switch account part, it asks for the access pin, and as I forgot, I tried to recover it in parental control, but as soon as I try to open it, the error 160-0103 appears

all the ways I found to recover the pin are through parental control.

if i format the console will i need the pin or need to redo the homebrew processes?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dump your logs (storage_slc:/sys/logs), zip and upload them. After that do not use your Wii U untill we where able to inspect the logs.

Especially do not format the console!

Reactions: Ronrow

Ronrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dump your logs (storage_slc:/sys/logs), zip and upload them. After that do not use your Wii U untill we where able to inspect the logs.

Especially do not format the console!

Sorry for being newbie, I dumped the slc.bin from the wii u but I don't know how to access the sys folder.
I tried to find it on the forum but I couldn't.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Ronrow
Screenshot_2023-04-15-11-33-51-447_com.termux.png

Sorry to say but this is a hardware defective eMMC. To fix this you would need to replace it either with a new eMMC or, if this is above your skill level, with an SD card. See https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-i-fixed-160-0103-system-memory-error.626448/ for more informations. Also note that there is a QSB available to make this more simple, see https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-n...nd-replacement-interposer-public-test.630798/

After this had been done we can try to fix the corrupted files.

To save you the hassle of doing a hardware dump and/or reflash SLC I would suggest taking a NAND dump with the WIP NAND dumper from @SDIO , turning your Wii U off with a 4 second power press afterwards and not turning it back on after this untill the eMMC had been replaced. Just wait for SDIO, I'm sure he'll link his dumper.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here is the Dumper, which is still work in progress. I still recommend doing the dump in hardware, if it is not too much of a hassle.

Attachments

• recovery_menu_dumper.zip
    17.4 KB · Views: 25

Ronrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Ronrow

Sorry to say but this is a hardware defective eMMC. To fix this you would need to replace it either with a new eMMC or, if this is above your skill level, with an SD card. See ... for more informations. Also note that there is a QSB available to make this more simple, see ...

After this had been done we can try to fix the corrupted files.

To save you the hassle of doing a hardware dump and/or reflash SLC I would suggest taking a NAND dump with the WIP NAND dumper from @SDIO , turning your Wii U off with a 4 second power press afterwards and not turning it back on after this untill the eMMC had been replaced. Just wait for SDIO, I'm sure he'll link his dumper.

Here is the Dumper, which is still work in progress. I still recommend doing the dump in hardware, if it is not too much of a hassle.

Thanx for all the help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: AN SOFA +1