Trophies
XP
Country
Well it is just an bat.

unpacker:
gbalzss.exe d LZ77_snapshot.bin ik.fss

packer:
gbalzss.exe e ik.fss LZ77_snapshot.bin

And the exe i have from HowardC's u8tool5.0.

Thats it
tongue.gif

Now we need informations for bannering. I dont want to brick my wii, so i dont test it
tongue.gif

But the Savebanner should'nt be an Problem.

unpack:
gbalzss.exe d LZ77_banner.tpl banner.tpl

packer:
gbalzss.exe e banner.tpl LZ77_banner.tpl

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
Hope you get soon your SaveMii
tongue.gif

I have tried now the Save Banner and it shows only "???" in the save banner logo AND the text was as well only "???".
That is not all, the channel itself worked only every second time. First black screen, then it works, then black screen,.. etc.
FIXED
My fault, i have done something wrong but now it works
tongue.gif

To rename the save game search in the 01.app for: 0062616E6E65722E64617400002F62616E6E65722E62696E00

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
i did know how to fix that with hex editor ;-)

i didn't order a save mii like wiicrazy did, cause i would still need to buy a chip and i don't have money for both. i've sended my wii to nintendo today for repair and let's see what happens... a replacement of your wii without warenty will cost 92€ so that will be the max i will have to pay and maybe it will be free
tongue.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
gundalf said:
Hope you get soon your SaveMii
tongue.gif

I have tried now the Save Banner and it shows only "???" in the save banner logo AND the text was as well only "???".
That is not all, the channel itself worked only every second time. First black screen, then it works, then black screen,.. etc.
FIXED
My fault, i have done something, now it works
tongue.gif

Well at least i could figure out how to rename the save game.
Search in the 01.app for: 0062616E6E65722E64617400002F62616E6E65722E62696E00

If you are on 3.3 do not go near the 0.app
smile.gif

If you are on 3.2, you can install starfall, make sure it helps you autoboot.. then be careful and always compare the headers of the original 0.app with your custom made one in a hex editor...

When my savemii arrives hopefully I'll continue with my custom banner and sound (I'll try to make looped ones) work... probably with the boulderdash case that I actually bricked my wii
smile.gif

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
To be honest WiiCrazy, i was waiting that you get your save mii, because i wont touch the 00.app.
nyanya.gif

Oh and after that problem with the banner... i have directly installed Starfall.
But i have only checked the option with the Recue Menu. The option with the diagnostic disc i dont understand, so i doesnt have checked it.
Was that an important option? And is there by the way somewhere an iso with the tools that i need to fix the wii?

Sorry for Offtopic
tongue.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
gundalf said:
To be honest WiiCrazy, i was waiting that you get your save mii, because i wont touch the 00.app.
nyanya.gif

Oh and after that problem with the banner... i have directly installed Starfall.
But i have only checked the option with the Recue Menu. The option with the diagnostic disc i dont understand, so i doesnt have checked it.
Was that an important option? And is there by the way somewhere an iso which the tools that i need to fix the wii?

Sorry for Offtopic
tongue.gif

Diagnostic disc option probably disables the extra check in the recovery menu... If you enable it then in the recovery menu you can boot discs that are not autoboot/diagnostic discs.. So it's a must for a non modded wii owner.. If you don't enable it you can't recover from banner bricks since you can't boot original zelda disc. If you don't enable it, you can only run update partitions and boot autoboot and diagnostic discs... that's of course for a non modded wii...

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
Allright my Wii has an Wiikey
tongue.gif

QUOTE said:
When my savemii arrives hopefully I'll continue with my custom banner and sound

Sound? I was thinking that the Sound doesnt work if you use u8tool5.0???

However, back to Topic.

I get here an Problem with the Save Banner.[NOW HIGH QUALITY]

I have tried first (youtube video is that version) VCIcon8.0 and after that i have created the tpl by myself with tplcon_v0.4_eng.exe.
The C64 Logo is strange Transparent and Frame 3 and 4 are ignored.
But i have an difference between VCIcon and tplcon!
With VCIcon it looks the big Save Banner(if you click on the Logo) like this:
c64savecorruptxk3.png

Grey = Transparent

And with tplcon(done the pictures by myself) is the white space is complete transparent.

What i am doing wrong?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
gundalf said:
Allright my Wii has an Wiikey
tongue.gif

QUOTE said:
When my savemii arrives hopefully I'll continue with my custom banner and sound

Sound? I was thinking that the Sound doesnt work if you use u8tool5.0???

However, back to Topic.

I get here an Problem with the Save Banner.

I have tried first (youtube video is that version) VCIcon8.0 and after that i have created the tpl by myself with tplcon_v0.4_eng.exe.
The C64 Logo is strange Transparent and Frame 3 and 4 are ignored.
But i have an difference between VCIcon and tplcon!
With VCIcon it looks the big Save Banner(if you click on the Logo) like this:
c64savecorruptxk3.png

Grey = Transparent

And with tplcon(done the pictures by myself) is the white space is complete transparent.

What i am doing wrong?

Well you got the wrong guy to ask this since I got everything wrong by f**king up the 0.app header
smile.gif

About the sound... since it's ok with the stock international karate I'm sure it can be patched...

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
Well you got the wrong guy to ask this since I got everything wrong by f**king up the 0.app header
smile.gif

About the sound... since it's ok with the stock international karate I'm sure it can be patched...

To be honest i dont even know what or where i can see the 00.app header.

An other question.
Is there an way to change to Controlls?
In Giana Sister is jumping with the Up button >.>

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
gundalf said:
WiiCrazy said:
smile.gif

To be honest i dont even know what or where i can see the 00.app header.

An other question.
Is there an way to change to Controlls?
In Giana Sister is jumping with the Up button >.>

Well you need to open it in hex editor to see it
smile.gif

Button configuration probably hardcoded in the emulator I can't seem to find it in the archives extracted out of the wad...
By the way In Giana Sisters up button is already does the job... it's better played with a gc controller though... maybe much better with classic controller, I don't have that one..

ciper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep up the good work guys

As an FYI, AnyRegion Changer is a very safe and stable way to downgrade your system to 3.2 which is highly recommended since you can then install Starfall and recover from many bricks. Realize you don't have to change any region settings to install 3.2 using AnyRegionChanger.

I just tested this myself - AnyRegionChanger to change my 3.3U Wii to 3.2U then install Starfall and enable the recovery options.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyRegion_Changer
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Starfall

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i have done Giana Sisters with all the Banner stuff.
But before i install it, i wanted to ask if that here is correct:

newoldc64ay3.png

I have used u8tool6.5 from HowardC.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
gundalf said:
Ok i have done Giana Sisters with all the Banner stuff.
But before i install it, i wanted to ask if that here is correct:

newoldc64ay3.png

I have used u8tool6.5 from HowardC.

Well make sure you have recovery options and also compare the header of 0.app with the original one make sure there is no LZ77 stuff there... If you have recovery options (starfall, savemii etc.) you may as well go ahead but I can't guarantee that you can recover the "System files damaged" type of banner brick..

Currently I'm waiting for the savemii to settle things... If I recover using savemii then I'll make tests about my modchip if it really supports autoboot or my bricked wii prevents the autobooting... If the latter then having a modchip that autoboots is not an option in this type of brick... probably starfall will still work in this case since it's just a hardcoded savemii on the system menu.

Good luck

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
If i try to repack with Gallys tool, then it said that i cant be packed with LZ77.
So i have taken the Sound.bin from an SNES game and it works.

Now i have two versions, one done with HowardC's Tool and the other with Gally's(which i allways use!).

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
gundalf said:
Isnt that on the picture the Header?

btw
i have starfall and wikkey.

Oops sorry, it seems that my proxy just prevented that image... I bypassed proxy and saw it now... All i can say that it seems to be proper but the strings before the imet header needs an explanation... You can check that with proper wads if all zeroes in that area is safe...

I'm not sure, I think someone who did lots of custom banner stuff should know this... and that's not me
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs