Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
FGOD said:
sorry i missaid about 1.App i ment it contains the save name... if you open it in hexeditor...

i hope i'll return very soon...

and about your how to guide, the guide itself is not going to brick the wii, i think i really did something wrong, although i don't know what it was since i only did the same as i always do with other wads and always worked, i already did the same with my own duotris channel, but it gived me a black banner cause of the paint stuff which is only 8 bit... so i still don't understand what happened, but when my wii is chipped i will be back in full glory and will enjoy the freedom (damn that sounds like william walace
smile.gif
)

I installed anyregionfree and set my wii to pal, now it works with my non-ntsc supporting tv
smile.gif
Installed giana sisters again to see if the sound issue is fixed, it now plays the sound correctly and the display issue is fixed. Even going to the home menu and taking snapshots works
smile.gif
For the disk based games to work I only need to take some clean snapshots from games that support multiple files and inspect them
smile.gif

edit: Well I changed my mind since it would be non-righteous for modded wii owners, I only added a disclaimer for modded wii owners. Hope we can get an injector to do all this stuff with minimum errors.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiCrazy said:
FGOD said:
sorry i missaid about 1.App i ment it contains the save name... if you open it in hexeditor...

i hope i'll return very soon...

and about your how to guide, the guide itself is not going to brick the wii, i think i really did something wrong, although i don't know what it was since i only did the same as i always do with other wads and always worked, i already did the same with my own duotris channel, but it gived me a black banner cause of the paint stuff which is only 8 bit... so i still don't understand what happened, but when my wii is chipped i will be back in full glory and will enjoy the freedom (damn that sounds like william walace
smile.gif
)

I installed anyregionfree and set my wii to pal, now it works with my non-ntsc supporting tv
smile.gif
Installed giana sisters again to see if the sound issue is fixed, it now plays the sound correctly and the display issue is fixed. Even going to the home menu and taking snapshots works
smile.gif
For the disk based games to work I only need to take some clean snapshots from games that support multiple files and inspect them
smile.gif

edit: Well I changed my mind since it would be non-righteous for modded wii owners, I only added a disclaimer for modded wii owners. Hope we can get an injector to do all this stuff with minimum errors.

i've downloaded the world games vc game, maybe that would help you on the way since world games has multiple prg files...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Da_GPer said:
Has there been any progress for this project?

Well the progress is I fixed the sound in the custom frodo and with the help of anyregion changer now I am able to get actual snapshots from my wii. Got the giana sisters snapshot from the file savefile.dat in the title folder of the giana sisters wad. Though It is not much help to me. I need to patch a multi file game to state that I can use the commodore basic in it. I need to do a little bit hex compare stuff which up till now I didn't have the time to do.

By the way, the current thing actually capable of playing tons of c64 games. But I see the interest in the community nearly zero and that makes me delay the multi-file game support. Maybe a full working c64 emulator will be released the day I got the multi-file support. Even myself wouldn't bother to hack the wads to play the games then.

QUOTE(FGOD @ Sep 2 2008, 08:40 AM) i've downloaded the world games vc game, maybe that would help you on the way since world games has multiple prg files...

I too have the game and already ripped out the snapshot. It seems a little bit different. But not too hard to inject at least a memory and cpu state. Last time I tried the c64 basic in ntsc mode I wasn't able to type anything correctly, when I type L with the OSD keyboard it repeats the letter 10-20 times and it's not possible to write anything correctly. I'll test it in the pal mode and see if it works. probably it works since bo frost once got into the c64 basic and was able to see if load"$",8 got any disk directory listing. I had done the same thing patching ik with a disk tool and using that (in ntsc mode)

After that I need to get another nand dump to grab the savefile.dat and work on that. Nand dumping takes hell a lot of time, anyone knows an easier way to grab it, ? I wasn't able to grab it with FS Browser too.

Da_GPer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know about the lack of interest part. In fact, theres a lot of emulators that dont exist for the Wii that do exist on other systems..... Go figure. Please dont give up the project though. I would love to see a version that I can run and use myself. One of the most wanted things I want for my Wii is the ability to run C64 games on it.

congoblase

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so far ... i've been able to get the c-64 "title screen" running by injecting a snapshot into a multiple files wad (impossible mission) but i could not "load" the game. on load command it gives me a ?break. strange, huh? does anybody know how to ADD files to 00000005.app after extracting? i tried u8pack but got an 4001 error when i tried to add the wad...

at least i was able to "code" a little prog in the emu on the wii.

10 print"f**ck"
20 goto 10

hehe...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
congoblase said:
so far ... i've been able to get the c-64 "title screen" running by injecting a snapshot into a multiple files wad (impossible mission) but i could not "load" the game. on load command it gives me a ?break. strange, huh? does anybody know how to ADD files to 00000005.app after extracting? i tried u8pack but got an 4001 error when i tried to add the wad...

at least i was able to "code" a little prog in the emu on the wii.

10 print"f**ck"
20 goto 10

hehe...

Good luck and be careful and do not touch the 0.app file. or touch with extreme caution, not like me
smile.gif

I was in the works of multi file support and this brick came down on me... I may release the sources if anyone interested to continue the work.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's almost as if the 0.app causes more bricks with the c64 games then with other games... strange... just like i had. and i am sure i did everything like it do with other games... so it wouldn't be possible to brick... at least not by doing what i did...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
FGOD said:
it's almost as if the 0.app causes more bricks with the c64 games then with other games... strange... just like i had. and i am sure i did everything like it do with other games... so it wouldn't be possible to brick... at least not by doing what i did...

I look at my offending 0.app now, it seems to be compressed with LZ77, in the original 0.app header there is stuff like bin/RVL/main.0803131717, some zeroes, some ones and a fullname and then there seems to be a IMET header. I used regular in the u8tool and didn't check (as I remember, I'll retest and hex compare it) the lz77 compress checkbox.

Anyways, my case seems to be solveable If I can patch the apploader.img from freeloader with a code that removes the ticket and uninstalls the offending title.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiCrazy said:
FGOD said:

I look at my offending 0.app now, it seems to be compressed with LZ77, in the original 0.app header there is stuff like bin/RVL/main.0803131717, some zeroes, some ones and a fullname and then there seems to be a IMET header. I used regular in the u8tool and didn't check (as I remember, I'll retest and hex compare it) the lz77 compress checkbox.

Anyways, my case seems to be solveable If I can patch the apploader.img from freeloader with a code that removes the ticket and uninstalls the offending title.

i hope you'll get that to work...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
FGOD said:
WiiCrazy said:
FGOD said:

i hope you'll get that to work...

Tomorrow I'll bring it to the repair shops to replace the drive with another chipped drive and see if it autoboots any of the discs I burned. If it boots then I'm relieved if not then the thing will be a big mess.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
let's have our fingers crossed then, i sended nintendo a mail today saying my kid was playing and he wanted to copy mario kart 64 from sd to the memory when there was a electricity failure and my wii won't boot anymore after that, let's see what they say...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
FGOD said:
let's have our fingers crossed then, i sended nintendo a mail today saying my kid was playing and he wanted to copy mario kart 64 from sd to the memory when there was a electricity failure and my wii won't boot anymore after that, let's see what they say...

If it's high on sales in Netherland then I don't think they will care what caused the brick. They probably have other means of formatting the wii's nand and refurbish the wii. They will not try to fix it like us anyway. Good luck with that!

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
I don think so. But shouldnt be an Problem for the Creators of Injectuwad, to add such an option.
So would be great, if there is someone wo can contact them
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY