Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, I also checked other games, KH 358/2 days has music problems now, it stops for brief seconds, and when it comes back it sounds like a broken record, only to sound normally again (for the record, before I updated all of the games ran fine with the widescreen patch, dsi vram and TWL clock speed, some of them with cheats to utilize Zr and Zl buttons, and c-nub too, and also I have higher sound quality turned on) I need to turn off the clock speed and vram for the game to work, otherwise all I get is a white screen
Not working at all on my side (EUR version, tested on O3DS).

EDIT : I tested other games like both ZELDA's and the same happened. I desactivated circle pad patches and everything is back to normal except that circle pad mods are gone for affected games. I did not test this feature that much in the past but it seems that patches are activated by default so you have to manually disable them.

Last edited by CrashMidnick,

PotatoStatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw you guys were talking about removing the option to launch the slot-2 card from the new AK theme because GBARunner3 doesn't have a built in GUI anymore. It would be cool if it was a option to launch slot-1 instead if you're a softmodded DSi/3DS user.

ebussy_foot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now we have ntboot for dsi, is it possible to get rid of dsi's official FW and install TWLMenu++ entirly to emmc?
I don't think twilight menu itself supports running off the internal nand. So no. Besides, with unlaunch autobooting twilight menu from the SD, what's really the difference?

v27.2.0 New

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v27.2.0: Return of Wood UI
Includes nds-bootstrap v1.5.1 (GBATemp thread)

What's new?​

• You've asked, we listened, and now after nearly 4 years, the Wood UI theme returns to TWiLight Menu++! Thank you for your longtime patience!
  • @mentusfentus, @DieGo367, and @edo9300: DS Classic Menu has been improved to closely resemble the original DS/DS Lite menu as possible, with additions such as analog clock, calendar, name display, and more!
  • Added a feature to change where DS(i) save files are placed. By default, they are placed in the `saves` folder in the same location as the ROMs, but can be changed to place them straight in the ROM folder, or in a `saves` folder within the `TWiLightMenu` folder (similar to RetroArch).
    • Placing the saves in the ROM folder will disable save slots in order to not slow down loading the ROM folder too much.

Bug fixes​

• Fixed a long-standing bug where the icon palettes would sometimes appear glitched in the R4 theme and DS Classic Menu.
  • Some minor fixes.

Known issues​

• As the Wood UI theme has been re-written using the R4 theme as the base (as a way to work around the SD corruption bug), elements of the R4 theme have been left over, such as the message box (used by per-game settings and cheat menus, as well as general messages), English-only text, and the code which loads the game icons and infos (scrolling speed may vary, as a result).
  • Pressing START in Wood UI will open DS Classic Menu.
  • 5px-wide clock colon images will not display properly in Wood UI.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really loving the Wood UI. I noticed the scrolling speed was already addressed in the known issues section of your post. I also noticed the icons pulse rather quickly compared to official Wood UI and the font used when games are displayed as a text list appears to be different than standard wood. Will the user be able to change font in the future,? Great job to all involved in bringing Wood UI to TWiLight Menu. Everything feels smooth and familiar.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really loving the Wood UI. I noticed the scrolling speed was already addressed in the known issues section of your post. I also noticed the icons pulse rather quickly compared to official Wood UI and the font used when games are displayed as a text list appears to be different than standard wood. Will the user be able to change font in the future,? Great job to all involved in bringing Wood UI to TWiLight Menu. Everything feels smooth and familiar.
It's been a while since I used the Wood UI theme pre-rewrite or even the original Wood kernel, so the icon pulsing was re-done from memory.
As for the font, it was another R4 theme leftover, as Wood UI used a different font format (which isn't .nftr). Not sure about font changing.

ebussy_foot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn. You know it's (obviously) not 1:1 but it's pretty close. Looks great. I like that original Wood themes work too.

WoodUI.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since