Nanomixer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
1.jpeg
2.jpeg

Hello there, I'm a little videogame collector and I recently was searching the definitive way of enjoy NDS games and replace all my old flashcarts (some R4 and DSTT), that's why I decided to adquire the newest EZ Flash Parallel and play it on my DSi XL.

But I found out that my EZ Flash Parallel works on all my DS family except my DSi XL :mellow:

Here all the evidence...

DS fat + DS Lite

4.jpeg
(It doesn't have enough brightness, lol))
5.jpeg
6.jpeg

DSi stock firmware (v1.4.5)

7.jpeg
8.jpeg

3DS + New 3DS XL with Luma CFW (v11.17.0)

9.jpeg
10.jpeg
11.jpeg
12.jpeg

In YT there are several videos of people using it on DSi XL's but I can't figure out why doesn't works on mine. First I tried with stock firmware v11.17.0, it didn't work
13.jpeg

I was thinking that maybe my card slot was damaged, but it couldn't be because all my other games and falshcards work fine. So I decided to install Unlaunch and there I realized that my DSi XL is identifying the flashcard, but reading it properly.
With no card ->
15.jpeg
WIth card->
14.jpeg
16.jpeg

But despite is identifying the EZ Flash Parallel, it doesn't boot.

The I tried with TWiLightMenu++... and the same, it didn't work...
17.jpeg
18.jpeg

My last hope was installing HiyaCFW but, the same... it isn't recognized... (I know that this last image is the same as one above, but basically is the same haha)
13.jpeg

Is anyone else having the same problem as me with this new EZ Flash Parallel?

PotatoStatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you guys keep posting about the Parallel in the GBA section? It's a DS flashcart.

EDIT: But being somewhat helpful... Have you tried setting the slot-1 boot mode to reboot instead of direct in TwilightMenu?

Last edited by PotatoStatic,
Reactions: neufel

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is likely a contact issue. I had this issue on my DSi XL as well. Insert the cart and then push it like you are going to eject it but hold it in the depressed position and see if the icon shows up. I expect that it will.

Although my cart is in a bricked state, the icon still shows in the menu.

Reactions: Theoretical Limi

Janni9009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, those squares in Unlaunch mean the cart isn't making proper contact. Likely need to shove a piece of paper between the shell and PCB for that console.

Also uhh... the EZP is the absolute opposite of a "definitive" way to play NDS games. You're actually better off with a DSTT-family demon/"timebomb" cart, it's that bad.
Seriously, that cart is the definition of a dumpster fire. Speed issues both on retail games (FMV lag especially, even an Ace3DS+ outdoes it), and homebrew (DLDI struggles to pull more than a megabyte or so constant, no matter if sequential or random, the only cart worse than it is the DS-Xtreme!), GPL violations left and right and utter refusal to release any source (except DLDI, we've been told they'll release it... that was over a month ago now and there's still nothing new on their github), the SPI flash for the FPGA is hooked up as the save chip (any game missing a saver patch will nuke the cart's entire firmware), and the list goes on and on and just keeps growing.
For a third or quarter of the price you can get an R4DSPro or Ace3DS+/X clone that runs laps around this literal shiny turd of a cart.

The actual currently definitive way to play NDS games on DSi/3DS is using TWiLightMenu/nds-bootstrap, this lets DSi-Enhanced titles run in DSi-Mode, and pretty much the only time you'll need a flashcart is Pokemon DS/Wii link, and some legacy homebrew that's not DSi-aware but uses DLDI to write data like saves, or was built on DSGM/old PALib stuff.

PotatoStatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, those squares in Unlaunch mean the cart isn't making proper contact. Likely need to shove a piece of paper between the shell and PCB for that console.
I think that's from the Japanese text. I have a Japanese DSi LL and some of the built in software shows up like that. The rest I agree with though.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also uhh... the EZP is the absolute opposite of a "definitive" way to play NDS games. You're actually better off with a DSTT-family demon/"timebomb" cart, it's that bad.
Seriously, that cart is the definition of a dumpster fire. Speed issues both on retail games (FMV lag especially, even an Ace3DS+ outdoes it), and homebrew (DLDI struggles to pull more than a megabyte or so constant, no matter if sequential or random, the only cart worse than it is the DS-Xtreme!), GPL violations left and right and utter refusal to release any source (except DLDI, we've been told they'll release it... that was over a month ago now and there's still nothing new on their github), the SPI flash for the FPGA is hooked up as the save chip (any game missing a saver patch will nuke the cart's entire firmware), and the list goes on and on and just keeps growing.
For a third or quarter of the price you can get an R4DSPro or Ace3DS+/X clone that runs laps around this literal shiny turd of a cart.

The actual currently definitive way to play NDS games on DSi/3DS is using TWiLightMenu/nds-bootstrap, this lets DSi-Enhanced titles run in DSi-Mode, and pretty much the only time you'll need a flashcart is Pokemon DS/Wii link, and some legacy homebrew that's not DSi-aware but uses DLDI to write data like saves, or was built on DSGM/old PALib stuff.
Great to read that the ez flash team is just as bad as they have always been

Theoretical Limi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you guys keep posting about the Parallel in the GBA section? It's a DS flashcart.

EDIT: But being somewhat helpful... Have you tried setting the slot-1 boot mode to reboot instead of direct in TwilightMenu?
This is the Nintendo DS section. Welcome.
Post automatically merged:

I have three DSi consoles and none of them properly read this cart. Two of them don't see the cart at all and my DSiXL sees the cart but gets an error when I try to start it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Better call Pedro you're up in smoke