Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
nintendo has always worked in pairs:

NES had the game boy.
SNES had the super game boy compatible games (first colors for a game boy).
N64 had the GBC games (First pokemon stadium)
NGC had the game boy advance (FFCC, Metroid prime, pokemon)
Wii has the NDS (pokemon, galaxy wars..)

If they release a new console, i think it would be a handheld with new stuff and everything else. But the Wii has had the NDS for only a year and a half. My guess is that it's too soon to release the next handheld, maybe next year
smile.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
farfet said:
nintendo has always worked in pairs...

If they release a new console, i think it would be a handheld with new stuff and everything else. But the Wii has had the NDS for only a year and a half. My guess is that it's too soon to release the next handheld, maybe next year
smile.gif

Interesting notion. Not sure if that's enough to keep them sticking with the DS as is, though. Companies like Square Enix are still willing to make fairly big-budget titles for the DS, so there's still money to be made, obviously, despite piracy. But there's more money to be made, I think, from a system that would allow players to download content at a cost. And of course, there's more money to be made when more folks are forced to buy the product, as opposed to simply downloading it.

I don't know, though...with the recession the U.S. is certainly in, it will affect everyone globally. Will that sway Nintendo's decision to try and put a new system out? Perhaps. But even if they teased it next week, I doubt we'd see it until at least Q2 of next year.

Either way, piracy definitely seems to be a big issue for Nintendo right now. Their actions in the last year have shown that they are aggressively trying to stem the tide. I'm just wondering what we might be in store for in that respect with the next generation of DS.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
wynsezhello said:
if its going to have built-in storage, i guess there's no need for flash carts, something like the memory stick on a psp running an iso would be the easiest thing to do.
nintendo and built in storage isn't a very promising prospect...
believe it or not, the wii has "built in storage"

Whatever nintendo does, It should be hacked within the first 3 years, and I've always been fine with waiting that long.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
farfet said:
nintendo has always worked in pairs:

NES had the game boy.
SNES had the super game boy compatible games (first colors for a game boy).
N64 had the GBC games (First pokemon stadium)
NGC had the game boy advance (FFCC, Metroid prime, pokemon)
Wii has the NDS (pokemon, galaxy wars..)

smile.gif
Got a point there!
Espeically as there are still a few good upcoming DS games
or alot

Ballistic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going a little offtrack on the matter being discussed, but...I wish so goddamn hard the DS2 (if there's going to be any that is) looks like this:
The DS shown is fake, if you didn't figure it out yet.
fakeds20120jt1.jpg

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
still two screens?
hate2.gif

why thye hell is the analog stick in the top of the directinal button?

PS i know it is fake, i already saw it from valentine dpg last year

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if its a DS (double screen) it should have 2 screen. pocket mode seems like it will make the ds too thick to put in a pocket, or if its not too thick, then the ds would be thin and hard to play. in my opinion its a nice remade of a ds, but it wouldn't be a 2. it would be like a ds pocket. also farfet has a really good point.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wtfisausername said:
Well, if its a DS (double screen) it should have 2 screen. pocket mode seems like it will make the ds too thick to put in a pocket, or if its not too thick, then the ds would be thin and hard to play. in my opinion its a nice remade of a ds, but it wouldn't be a 2. it would be like a ds pocket. also farfet has a really good point.
more correct would be a nintendo DS SP.
it's quite obviously based on the GBA SP design.
it actually does look like one that CAN be made, and it fixes the hinges problem.(did anyone ever manage to break GBA SP hinges by normal use?)

Fieryshadowz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
wtfisausername said:
more correct would be a nintendo DS SP.
it's quite obviously based on the GBA SP design.
it actually does look like one that CAN be made, and it fixes the hinges problem.(did anyone ever manage to break GBA SP hinges by normal use?)
No, but look at how the outer edges fold, the one with the D pad and ABXY buttons. . . those look like it will be on the bottom thus meaning it will have a lot of contact, when stored. So faster possible, wear and tear of the buttons rendering it broken perhaps? (not like that model is even a concept from Nintendo anyways)

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't think Nintendo will release a new DS, especially at the rate they're selling the DS Lite at. Why introduce a new handheld when the current one is doing so well?

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Private|Parts is right the ds lite is doing real good why make a new redesign?Maybe next year but not in 08.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
they really dont need to redesign the ds

just make more games that takes advantage of its limits

Kaan

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
all i hope for is better graphics and better wifi and MORE WIFI for games
The ds2 could look exactly like the old DS but if it has more power for games like the PSP has and better wifi as in we could finally be able to chat with our enemies :/ ( without stupid friend codes needed damnit!) and more wifi, meaning, that games which would be perfect for wifi actually would have Wifi!

Oh and make some RTS games ala AoE. RTS meaning, that there are no turns...

ryuragnas

3DS FC: 0173-2593-8777
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What I want is support for WPA encryption, so that I can play the new model without lowering my security setting. Wouldn't it be nice?

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
NDS2, I think it will be pretty easy to be pirated, as long as somebody, somewhere, somehow, has the right amount of patience, material, and utilities

Edit: I mean, look at how fast they cracked Blu-Ray's Security

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just hope it's as easy as buying a cart off the internet
tongue.gif
I was amazed when I found out that there was no modding or hacking required when I found my M3 Simply DS.

Also, I think that now that Nintendo has competition, they will have to release DS 2 when PSP 2 comes out, and there are still many games being developed for both systems. If they were to announce a new handheld, it would come out late/mid 09 because of the games that developers are working on.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless Nintendo wants to show off on their own terms expect a new handheld at the show. It's a double screen setup again, wide screen, will play old DS games too, will not have a GBA slot, and will have its own new games as it's a good upgrade. The system will have an all new type of anti-theft type devices in play that will set things back a bit, but for how long no idea.

That's what I'm banking on seeing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2