OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
darkriku2000 said:
I don't plan on asking him for the key, I just wanted to know if he had an official site. Has he actually said anything about finding the key
  • Other OPs believe that he has the key
  • He has stated that my program works (tested with the key)
  • He has stated that the first bit is a 1
That's pretty much what I know.

darkriku2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that case my hopes are officially up
smile.gif

I can't wait for some big developments

But why did he just give the first bit, and did he say what he plans on doing with the key? Is he trying to decrypt the dsiware himself, or is he just looking for a dev that he trusts

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
darkriku2000 said:
But why did he just give the first bit, and did he say what he plans on doing with the key? Is he trying to decrypt the dsiware himself, or is he just looking for a dev that he trusts

The first bit was given randomly on IRC, if I recall just in a teasing way. I don't believe he wishes to release the key at all, at least yet. He can decrypt WiiWare; once you have the key you can decrypt pretty much everything for the DSi.

M1kka

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can you make a version of this tools which works on the gpu?
Because my nvidia GTX260 OC could brute much faster.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WB3000 said:
darkriku2000 said:

The first bit was given randomly on IRC, if I recall just in a teasing way. I don't believe he wishes to release the key at all, at least yet. He can decrypt WiiWare; once you have the key you can decrypt pretty much everything for the DSi.
How can you be sure he's not just messing with you? i.e. Tell you that the first bit is 1, but it's really not. So if everyone runs the brute forcer with "1" as the first bit, then it will never find the correct common key.

Could be an effective "hey, look over there while I develop custom firmware" tactic.

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Szyslak said:
How can you be sure he's not just messing with you? i.e. Tell you that the first bit is 1, but it's really not. So if everyone runs the brute forcer with "1" as the first bit, then it will never find the correct common key.

Well, he gave it out at the same time he gave out what I have found to be intact decrypted DSi icons. The old, secure random mode is still present, so your not losing anything with this update.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Szyslak said:
WB3000 said:
darkriku2000 said:

Could be an effective "hey, look over there while I develop custom firmware" tactic.
Exactly. He either doesn't have it or he's just annoying us by not telling us it. I think we should keep running the bruteforcer until he releases proof.

Matando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to share that on my computer using the "first bit is 1" mode it would take "3168876462183953194870.035834516" years if the key was the last one guessed
tongue.gif

And yes I did the calculations, so therefore, lets keep running the program, lol

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I've updated the program again, you won't find any new modes, etc., however I added maybe a couple unnoticeable optimizations and a few other things...

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?j0mozgkizyb
+ SHA-1 is now checked from TMD.
+ IV is now determined from TMD.
+ You can store the NUS content locally in the root of your drive, and it will be read their first.
+ A couple optimizations, try-catches, etc.
+ Fixed standard mode, however it still is not recommended.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
+ SHA-1 is now checked from TMD.
SHA1 is a hashing method (hashes are supposedly unique numbers made from files), tmd stands for title meta data and you can think of it is a install helper. Here is the TMD for the wii, it is not the same for the DS but it gives the overall idea http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Title_metadata

+ IV is now determined from TMD.
IV = initialisation vector, it is a way of making sure no two identical files will produce the same encrypted file with the same encryption key by "starting" with a random number as it were.

+ You can store the NUS content locally in the root of your drive, and it will be read their first.
You no longer need to download the data every time you run it and instead can put it on the root of the drive (it would be something like c:\nameoffile.file )

+ A couple optimizations, try-catches, etc.
As it says it should be slightly tweaked for speed and/or stability, try catches: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0yd65esw.aspx

+ Fixed standard mode, however it still is not recommended.
Standard mode is every number from all 0's to all 1's although I suspect this means the few things we know about the key are now accounted for.

rendner

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WB3000 said:
I've updated the program again, you won't find any new modes, etc., however I added maybe a couple unnoticeable optimizations and a few other things...

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?j0mozgkizyb

Hi WB3000, your tool doesn't save the downloaded content.
Use the "DownloadFile" method instead of "DownloadData" from the WebClient class.

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
rendner said:
Hi WB3000, your tool doesn't save the downloaded content.
Use the "DownloadFile" method instead of "DownloadData" from the WebClient class.

I hadn't intended it to, however it does seem like a good idea. The files can be downloaded as such:

CODEFiles: 00000003, tmd, cetk
Directory: http://nus.cdn.t.shop.nintendowifi.net/ccs/download/0003000f484e4c50/

-Mew-

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Too bad you can use something like folding@home. That would basically give you a semi-super computer if you could get enough people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yep, seems legit real. And you wonder why you always have blackouts