WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
You can use the Task Manager to set which cores each instance of the program is running (right click the process, set Affinity).

darkriku2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just out of curiosity, if a key doesn't work, does the program never try it again, because if it does eventually try it again, than it could create problems

rendner

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
darkriku2000 said:
just out of curiosity, if a key doesn't work, does the program never try it again, because if it does eventually try it again, than it could create problems
I think this is certainly not so, because then the program must save every checked value.
When generate an new value, it must check if this value was allready checked.
This would increase the memory consumption and lead to a slower performance during the run.
Since this is not the case, the program can generate a value mor than once.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkriku2000 said:

I think the chances of it generating the same key twice is as close to if not less than the chances of it generating the common key.

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, how long until someone lets our GPU's calculate this?
wink.gif
Should go a lot faster imo.

What Language is it in? Visual C#/ net? Someone who has a bit more experience in programming/compiling (I think one needs Visual C installed), here is some guide voor running code with/through CUDA (nVidia GPU thingy).
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=83054

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
It would be interesting to see how fast the Wii can handle AES/SHA functions, as supposedly they are hardware integrated.

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Probably not as fast as my GPU with 96 parallel threads ... and newer cards even got more... AND you can still use your processor to help too
wink.gif

Need to know what exact language it is though, so many variants these days.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All my friends who have this keep IM'ing me "I have the key!" then saying "Hahaha, just kidding!".

Now I'm starting to get annoyed. This brute forcer it pure evil if you ask me.

Lol, anyways good lucky to everyone with this running!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
commdante said:
Probably not as fast as my GPU with 96 parallel threads ... and newer cards even got more... AND you can still use your processor to help too
wink.gif

Need to know what exact language it is though, so many variants these days.

Is it Java maybe?

KamuiX

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Random keys maybe re checked from one pc to another. I think the best thing is making a volunteer team ( as many as possible) to run in standar mode for a range of keys.
I don't know the max key characters but lets say that we have 5 characters so just cut the job in pieces

1)00000 - 11111
2)11112 - 22221
3)...
4)...

And assign it to volunteers....give a time for everyone to search get answers and re-assign job for everyone finished. Of course this need some managing. A site maybe giving automatically "search jobs" to it's members
smile.gif

But that's just thoughts.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
KamuiX said:
Random keys maybe re checked from one pc to another. I think the best thing is making a volunteer team ( as many as possible) to run in standar mode for a range of keys.
I don't know the max key characters but lets say that we have 5 characters so just cut the job in pieces

1)00000 - 11111
2)11112 - 22221
3)...
4)...

And assign it to volunteers....give a time for everyone to search get answers and re-assign job for everyone finished. Of course this need some managing. A site maybe giving automatically "search jobs" to it's members
smile.gif

But that's just thoughts.
thats a good idea.
Running it randomly could never find the key, even on (over ninethousand!!!) computers, setting people to scan certain areas WOULD find it eventually.

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Antoligy said:
thats a good idea.
Running it randomly could never find the key, even on (over ninethousand!!!) computers, setting people to scan certain areas WOULD find it eventually.

Random is really the only hope, as you would need to amass the amount of computers capable of crunching at a minimum 1 billion keys per second. The total number of keys is 2^128.

I would only run Secure Random. The key itself is known to have no zero-bytes, so standard random is out.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'll run it on my quad core CPU (2.5GHz per core) when I get it
biggrin.gif

You should make a DOS program too, so I could run it on a few older computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: nice