omatic

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there anywhere I can see / confirm the actual specs (specifically processor speed, RAM, and SD slot info) for the DSi? I read somewhere that upon taking it apart, it was found to have an ARM processor much faster than that of the current DS. I'm mainly wondering because I'm trying to get a picture as to what kinds of homebrew and emulation would be possible.

Votkrath

Trophies
XP
Country
omatic said:
Is there anywhere I can see / confirm the actual specs (specifically processor speed, RAM, and SD slot info) for the DSi? I read somewhere that upon taking it apart, it was found to have an ARM processor much faster than that of the current DS. I'm mainly wondering because I'm trying to get a picture as to what kinds of homebrew and emulation would be possible.

It have a lot better stuff inside than before such as 16mb RAM instead of 4mb and such. But it won't give any new emulation possibilities at all. Will stay the same as DS and DS Lite.

omatic

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Votkrath said:
omatic said:

It have a lot better stuff inside than before such as 16mb RAM instead of 4mb and such. But it won't give any new emulation possibilities at all. Will stay the same as DS and DS Lite.

Well I'm thinking more better / faster emulation of things already possible, such as SNES. With more processing power / storage, it's more feasible.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't limited RAM grounds for why no one truly bothered with GBA emulation? There were some sake-of-doing projects which got them running, but it was seen as futile as the DS and DSLite had GBA slots as well.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this will help you, but
this guy
took the DSi apart.
He seems to be speculating that in place of the DSL's ARM7 and ARM9
the DSi now has an ARM9 and an ARM11, respectively.

Maybe you could ask him.

omatic

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
I'm not sure if this will help you, but
this guy
took the DSi apart.
He seems to be speculating that in place of the DSL's ARM7 and ARM9
the DSi now has an ARM9 and an ARM11, respectively.

Maybe you could ask him.

Much thanks for the link. I remember seeing a headline about that on a gadget site, but I'd forgotten where it was by the time I had time to have time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night