Hacking Even with MIOS v4, Action Replay fails to boot?

fgsfdsyo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm quite thoroughly confused about this.
I uninstalled my old MIOS and installed MIOS v4 via Wad Manager.
Still, Action Replay is recognized by the disc channel but just boots back to main menu.
I've tried GCBooter, but it just sends me to a green screen then back to the main menu.

I've searched other threads, but most of them entail people that have success with MIOS v4.
Any help at all?

fgsfdsyo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All that thread dictates is installing MIOS v4 would fix the AR issue and making sure you removed all Gamecube articles. Where does it say something about patching.??

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I really don't use Action Replay cause it is stupid to use a disc while you can use a simple app from the HBC, and on that thread says "mios5patch.wad.out.wad" so I guessed there was a tool to patch the MIOS, my bad, sorry...!!
blush.gif

fgsfdsyo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's fine, I thank you generously for you help.
I apologize if I came off with an assy attitude, I'm just deeply confused.
I'll just attempt installing/uninstalling in different fashions.

--
There's an application for the HBC that lets you use codes for the GC instead of using the AR?
Would you happen to know the name of this app?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ocarina does that, so to use it on GC games you would need to have a ModChip, or GeckOS has it build-in so you can use either Ocarina or GeckOS

saulin

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Ocarina does that, so to use it on GC games you would need to have a ModChip, or GeckOS has it build-in so you can use either Ocarina or GeckOS

I have a modchip on my Wii and have GeckoOS 1.7b as a channel. How do I go about cheating on my GC games?

If I remember correctly. You can't cheat on GC games without a USB Gecko or whatever is called. Because Gecko OS has no way of sending the cheats to GC games!

If it's possible please tell me how.

Also if I understand correctly if I install MIOS v4 on my wii, it will load the GC Action Replay Disc without any problems and I can cheat with AR on GC games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario.