Hacking Falling at the first hurdle: Noob help much appreciated!

gloscherrybomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope you can help, I know its probably a stupid problem with a simple answer but I have been searching for over an hour and cant solve it!

Background: I have the homebrew channel installed through the TP hack. I recently upgraded to system menu 4.0 (Europe), through the wii (not a custom version).

I have tried to follow the tutorial on installing the USB launcher, but I'm failing at the first hurdle.

I have got cIOS36_rev9-Installer, but I get an error when I try to install the custom IOS either over the network or by having the actual WAD in my SD card root.

Installation from root gives error: ret = -1

Installation from network applies patches, then gives error: installing ticket..... ERROR! (ret = -2011)

Where am I going wrong? Do I need to roll back from 4.0 system menu?

Thanks in advance for helping out a newbie!

gloscherrybomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
SO, am I right in thinking that the reason this wont work for me is because the nintendo version of 4.0 blocks WAD installations?

The tutorial for USB loader just says you need a wii... doesnt mention that you need the CIOS installed before you upgrade to 4.0! Maybe thats just obvious for most people. Hope this thread helps others who thought that because they had the homebrew channel working they would be able to install the USB Loader.

The_Hulkster

Trophies
XP
Country
It's your choice whether or not you update. The loader works on any firmware (3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 4.0 (or so I've heard)) so it doesn't require a guide on how to update.

In other words, they have nothing to do with one another.

And yes, 4.0 block WAD installations if you updated without installing a patched IOS60 and rev8 or 9 I believe.

igboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get the same Installing ticket error as OP. My Wii is at V3.3U and I've only ever installed the HBC using the TP hack. What has to be installed/upgraded/downgraded before I can install cIOS36_rev9?

Thanks
igboo

musicman61554

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also get the error ret -1 and I am on 3.4U. I have tried both wad and network installs and have gotten that error. I have posted numerous times on this site and no one has helped. Just curious what do I do

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn I have 8 modded rgh3 x360 slims I've done, I need to get rid of, I figured my family members or friends would want but times have changed. Think I'm gonna stop buying them and modding. Time to Switch it up (pun intended)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yay power outages
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, I'm your friend
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There literally no storms in your area, does it go out alot? You need to just send me your slim n ill rgh3 it free.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or grow sum balls and do it yourself, not hard. More of a pain to jailbreak a ps4 than it is the 360, other than little soldering.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Problem is my dick gets in the way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea true, would be a pain having that on your forehead
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The chicks love it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every damn time there's a loud noise dudes car alarm goes off freaking annoying
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Stun gun the metal of the car (door, bumper, etc), you won't hear it again, promise.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    damn accidentally ripped my car cover just now
    happens
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or plant drugs get him evicted
    the one on my other car is all ripped up
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not your $400 car cover :ohnoes:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There you go, thinking with your "dickhead"
    some day the wind will blow so hard it'll rip in half
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think in big inches
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @realtimesave Can you sew it back together? Or is it not worth trying.
    nah sewing it will make it come apart more :)
    that one is pretty old
    the one on my mercedes is a couple years old. these things don't last very long at all
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you near sea/salt water, or in general they just don't last. Sounds like if you driving a mercedes, you need a garage
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Are you near sea/salt water, or in general they just don't last. Sounds like if you driving a...