• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Iran launches retaliatory attack against Israel

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In response to an Israeli attack against Syrian consular buildings that killed several Iranian military personnel, Iran has announced an attack involving drones and cruise missiles against Israeli military targets

Several countries in the Middle East including Jordan and surrounding neighbors have closed airspace to civilian aircraft, and key Israeli allies have vowed to help shoot down drones and other means of attack

The first drones were expected to arrive in Israel around 1800 EST but there are currently no media reports of any confirmed strikes as of yet. US and key allies are watching the situation closely and the Israeli government has vowed any such attack will not go unanswered

https://www.reuters.com/world/middl...dent-50nm-northeast-uaes-fujairah-2024-04-13/

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Meh.

I hope I don't forget to breathe. Reading these news and seeing the YouTube "JUST NOW" videos are certainly affecting my everyday life in another continent and another country.

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh.

I hope I don't forget to breathe. Reading these news and seeing the YouTube "JUST NOW" videos are certainly affecting my everyday life in another continent and another country.
Any war or military action is gonna cause prices of everything to go up especially fossil fuels

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Any war or military action is gonna cause prices of everything to go up especially fossil fuels

@JuanMena doesn't care about fossil fuels? He uses his feet to go anyway.... JuanMena believes in the power of feet.

Seriously, Iran and Israel need to focus more on the future of they own people. Then comparing the sizes of they small dicks. Leaders of both nations can suck one another off behind close doors without killing innocent people.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@JuanMena doesn't care about fossil fuels? He uses his feet to go anyway.... JuanMena believes in the power of feet.

Seriously, Iran and Israel need to focus more on the future of they own people. Then comparing the sizes of they small dicks. Leaders of both nations can suck one another off behind close doors without killing innocent people.
I don't care about fossil fuels because:

1- Mexico is a producer of fossil fuel products, i.e, Oil, Gas, and other derivatives to produce plastics and whatnot.

2- Yes, I do walk to my destination whenever I can.

3- The only public transport I utilize is Subway, which is electric and covers my entire state. Subway is a 40 minute walk away from home.

4- I do not own a car. Do I don't spend money in gas.

5- Although it may be used as an excuse to rise prices because "oil/gas prices went up because of the war", I don't have a consumist culture, so I'm not gonna suffer because I won't be able to buy overpriced products, because again, I don't in the first place. Even electricity is something I rarely use throughout my everyday life.

6- Again, unlike USA and other Invasive/Parasite Nations, my country does not depend in other's oil/gas import/export.

7- Yeah, I'd rather use a bicycle than public transportation.

Also, can't believe nobody said: "Think about the poor children." instead of "Man... my oil!" "Man, Biden sucks because the USA should interfere as always and he won't nuke the middle east like we did for more than 60 years."
Post automatically merged:

"Think about the poor children."
...meh.

Last edited by JuanMena,

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care about fossil fuels because:

1- Mexico is a producer of fossil fuel products, i.e, Oil, Gas, and other derivatives to produce plastics and whatnot.

2- Yes, I do walk to my destination whenever I can.

3- The only public transport I utilize is Subway, which is electric and covers my entire state. Subway is a 40 minute walk away from home.

4- I do not own a car. Do I don't spend money in gas.

5- Although it may be used as an excuse to rise prices because "oil/gas prices went up because of the war", I don't have a consumist culture, so I'm not gonna suffer because I won't be able to buy overpriced products, because again, I don't in the first place. Even electricity is something I rarely use throughout my everyday life.

6- Again, unlike USA and other Invasive/Parasite Nations, my country does not depend in other's oil/gas import/export.

7- Yeah, I'd rather use a bicycle than public transportation.

Also, can't believe nobody said: "Think about the poor children." instead of "Man... my oil!"

...meh.
The US produces significantly more oil than Mexico and is a net exporter, net exports are some 1.6 million barrels per day

Regardless if fuel prices rise globally, in a capitalist economy the price of these fuels will rise at home also

Even if you don't use transportation that utilizes gas you will find yourself paying more for goods and services that need to be transported long distances (which includes basically any product from food, to medicine to clothes)

FREE PALESTINE!
Nothing to do with Palestine, Iran is just mad Israel killed some Iranian revolutionary guards

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I've seen this movie before. Where somebody who is nobody really gets killed and starts a big war, when a smaller nation calls a bigger nation to fight its war. I think the movie was called first World War....

Shit movie. Don't want to see that again.

Reactions: Xzi

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen this movie before. Where somebody who is nobody really gets killed and starts a big war, when a smaller nation calls a bigger nation to fight its war. I think the movie was called first World War....
Archduke Franz Ferdinand, the heir to the throne of Austria-Hungary, one of the most significant European powers in the early 20th century - is a nobody?

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's so weird how we keep inching closer and closer to World War III after being told the previous guy was gonna walk us into World War III. Has the media industrial complex been lying to us all this time?

When you fund both sides of wars, you never really lose.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's so weird how we keep inching closer and closer to World War III after being told the previous guy was gonna walk us into World War III.
Previous guy would've given Putin a handy while he invaded Ukraine and would now be sending US troops to die in Iran on Netanyahu's behalf. Hell, he tried to start a war against Iran AFTER losing the 2020 election.

Of course a braindead neocon would believe that GWB 2.0 could make everything better though.

Reactions: supermist

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's so weird how we keep inching closer and closer to World War III after being told the previous guy was gonna walk us into World War III. Has the media industrial complex been lying to us all this time?

When you fund both sides of wars, you never really lose.
Yeah but you're a Trump supporter who believes the 2020 election was stolen from him so you're not someone to take seriously or be respectful towards.

Previous guy would've given Putin a handy while he invaded Ukraine and would now be sending US troops to die in Iran on Netanyahu's behalf. Hell, he tried to start a war against Iran AFTER losing the 2020 election.

Of course a braindead neocon would believe that GWB 2.0 could make everything better though.
He's also completely ignoring what Rapist Donald Trump said he'd do to Gaza if he were in charge.

Last edited by supermist,

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Calling Trump GWB 2.0 is an insult to GWB

• Haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    How are you doing today K3Nv2?
    You did? By whom?
    Ohh, Don't tell me lEOTck did it to you? :O:sad:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah we all know luke is who leo's smashing
    +1
    Oh :shit:! And I didn't get to 📽️ it! :angry::sad::cry: :hateit:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST FOUND OUT THAT ULTERIOR MOTIVES WAS FOUND YESTERDAY, AND IT WAS FROM P O R N 💀😭
    +1
    😱 .............................. :evil::tpi::evil:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good afternoon
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, what's ulterior motives?
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    it was a lostwave song
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @zeith_7, 1) what's lostwave? 2) give context
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    lostwaves are like songs that became lost
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    they are partially or never found
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    ulterior motives is one of the internets lostwaves
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Ok read the Wikipedia article
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    and basically people were trying to find it for a while after a post with the lost songs only snippet
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @zeith_7, and an obscure norp film had the song
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    correct
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    the orginal snippet was from a pirated verison of the film basically
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    or so i think
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    i never expected it to get discovered this year/month
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol this neighbor "I'm always hearing him shit" I'm sorry would you like my shits to be more settle
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol this neighbor "I'm always hearing him shit" I'm sorry would you like my shits to be more settle +1