Blue Zoidberg

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A while back I purchased a FlatMii but never got around to installing it (the USB Loader came out so I messed around with that instead). So a couple days ago I decided to take the little thing out of its polybag and install the thing but I've run into a problem.
My computer recognizes the FlatMii but when I go to install the drivers for the FlatMii I get an error "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)" and it sits in my device manager with the yellow triangle ! symbol.
I'm on a Toshiba Laptop running Vista 64 bit (yes, I used the 64bit drivers
tongue.gif
)
I've disconnected all other USB devices which, from what I understand, causes some problems.

Help!

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
sounds like:
A: you need to contact the manufacturer to get the manuel driver install method
B: you got a bad peace of hardware
frown.gif
and may need to see about returning it or exchanging it if thats an option.

parannoyed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a couple problems with mine too. If I remember correctly, the installation instructions were wrong. I think they said something about having the Wii off when you install the drivers, but I always got a hardware error. Turn the Wii on, then the PC (or plug in the USB cable), and then try to install the drivers. It's been a while since I installed mine, but something along those lines worked for me. If that doesn't work, try mixing the instructions up, only keep the Wii powered on.

Sayargh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reboot, just before windows boots up press F8 a few times and select 'disable device driver signature enforcement' from the menu

its the only way to get it to work in vista 64.

flusflus89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, the error you're getting says nothing about your flatmii, it just shows that windows driver system sucks. it's most likely some conflict on your internal usb hub system. the answer you're looking for is related to windows problems and not flatmii as it seems.

Blue Zoidberg

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the responses!
Took a combination of parannoyed and sayargh's answers and finally got it installed.
Works like a gem! However, I have to be in "disable device driver signature" mode to use the my precious FlatMii.
Anyone know of a way to permanently turn that stupid thing off?

parannoyed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See this link.

... open a command prompt window with elevated privileges. Now enter bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS in order to disable Driver Signing and reboot.

Some people say that MS may have disabled this option with certain updates, but I don't use Vista myself, so give it a shot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Reading is fun to be mental!