GameStop to offer "new" Switches for $75 to owners of the old model

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took advantage of this offer over the weekend. Process was a little annoying as the ladies at the store were skeptical about letting me do the system transfer in store. So I asked if I could purchase the newer console, take it home and do the system transfer there, and return it the next day to get my refund. They allowed it, so basically they just refunded $225 to my credit card. If you want to do this offer, call and ask ahead of time if your store will allow you to do a system transfer in store. If they don't, just purchase it outright and take it home and do the system transfer there, then just bring your old trade-in Switch, along with your receipt and box for the newer Switch with you so they can process the trade and refund your card.

My original Switch was already patched based on the serial number, and I didn't have any intention to mod it due to playing online regularly. So "upgrading" to the newer model seemed worth it. Notice a slight improvement in battery, screen looks a bit more bright and the color temperature seems better than the original. Your results may vary depending on display manufacturers, as with all devices.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah the only way i get rid of my exploitable switch is if brick code was injected in the next fw update which has a 0% chance of happening for legal reasons....also fyi for peeps in the US for a switch lite preorder 50% off preownede games with purchase of a new system

Last edited by chrisrlink,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 4k portrait mode?