doc_haz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi cracker, i have some problems making the trainer to work on the Final Fantasy VI Advance USA ROM, everytime i put a codebreaker code from this file FF6 Codebreaker Codes, the game just freezes with some tweaking noise at the white warning start screen. I tested it first on VBA, after that on the EZV 3 in1 Flash Cart. I tried just patching without the trainer function, different addresses, etc. But i get the same result. And even if i just patch the ROM without codes the game seems to freeze at the same point everytime. Tried different USA ROM Sources. Using GBAATM 1.9.4

I hope you can help me. Been triying to get this1 to work some time now.

Thx. in advance :-D

orion001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
hi, just wanted to drop by and say that golden sun 1 n 2 with gameshark codes now works for version 1.9.3 but it dosent work for version 1.9.4. i didnt use menu option. tnx again cracker. now i can finally play gs2 1n2
smile.gif

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doc_haz said:
Hi cracker, i have some problems making the trainer to work on the Final Fantasy VI Advance USA ROM, everytime i put a codebreaker code from this file FF6 Codebreaker Codes, the game just freezes with some tweaking noise at the white warning start screen. I tested it first on VBA, after that on the EZV 3 in1 Flash Cart. I tried just patching without the trainer function, different addresses, etc. But i get the same result. And even if i just patch the ROM without codes the game seems to freeze at the same point everytime. Tried different USA ROM Sources. Using GBAATM 1.9.4

I hope you can help me. Been triying to get this1 to work some time now.

Thx. in advance :-D

Try v1.9.5 and hopefully it was fixed with the update.

QUOTE(orion001 @ Nov 26 2008, 01:11 PM) hi, just wanted to drop by and say that golden sun 1 n 2 with gameshark codes now works for version 1.9.3 but it dosent work for version 1.9.4. i didnt use menu option. tnx again cracker. now i can finally play gs2 1n2
smile.gif

Thanks for the bug report. I added some code to act smarter when determining what register to destroy so hopefully there will be little to no games left that it breaks.
wink.gif

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shadowhunter93 said:
does gbaatm work with r4 and gba expansion pak?

I know for sure that the 3in1 can play them no problem. I would expect the other carts to as well. Just remember to run them through the EZ4 Client _after_ GBAATM.

dohclude

Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering, what is the possiblilty/difficulty level of adding .CHT file loading support in GBAATM? The codes are similar to RAW(VBA) codes and I have a massive collection of them in my GBA cheat project: http://cheats.gbatemp.net/GBA. I've been trying to find a way to add support for cards that don't natively support the .CHT format, and I think that GBAATM is the answer.
smile.gif

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried to put some cheats on goldensun but i got to the cheat selection screen and there were no cheats. I think that this is because there were no fonts, BGs, and selection bar in the first place.
If possible could you upload then?

Thanks

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What codes were you using?

There is a default background, selection bar, and font texture hardcoded into the menu and it is used unless custom images are loaded so that wouldn't be the problem.

wolfmanz51

MrNintendosense
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
dohclude said:
I was wondering, what is the possiblilty/difficulty level of adding .CHT file loading support in GBAATM? The codes are similar to RAW(VBA) codes and I have a massive collection of them in my GBA cheat project: http://cheats.gbatemp.net/GBA. I've been trying to find a way to add support for cards that don't natively support the .CHT format, and I think that GBAATM is the answer.
smile.gif
yeah support for this would be amazing

orion001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
gor golden sun i didnt use the cheat menu option just trainer and enble disable. also i didnt use stat codes just quick level up and coins and it worked for me even in gs2 it works fine

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cracker said:
shadowhunter93 said:

I know for sure that the 3in1 can play them no problem. I would expect the other carts to as well. Just remember to run them through the EZ4 Client _after_ GBAATM.

If possible, could u explain what is this EZ4 Client_after_GBAATM?

I patched Goldensun with the codes from the CHT database, but when i tried to run the game through CycloDsEvo+ EzV, there were no cheats to choose :wtf:.

Thanks in advance

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cortador said:
cracker said:
shadowhunter93 said:

If possible, could u explain what is this EZ4 Client_after_GBAATM?

I patched Goldensun with the codes from the CHT database, but when i tried to run the game through CycloDsEvo+ EzV, there were no cheats to choose :wtf:.

Thanks in advance

The EZ4 Client is used for save patching, etc for the 3 in 1.

.CHT (EmuCheat) format codes can't be used currently. Only RAW (VBA) codes and Codebreaker/GSSP codes.

Raw codes are like:
200FAB4:370F

.CHT codes are like:
FAB4,370F
or
200FAB4,370F

You can easily convert them by hand or just find the CB codes instead.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added importing of .CHT codes. It converts them to the Codebreaker format so make sure you have that selected as the code type.

I tried to add as much flexibility as I could with the conversion process since there are variations of the format used by different flash carts

Ex:

ON=F280,e7,03

vs

ON=F280,3e7

I also made it so it would take long runs of RAM writes and combine them into one code to keep the size of the code down. However, I didn't feel like being masochistic and trying to make it automatically detect slide codes.
rolleyes.gif

dohclude

Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried out the new version today. I tried it with a couple of games and none of the cheats seemed to work. They would show up in the trainer menu, but the last character of the cheat descriptions were cut off, and the cheats just didn't work once I started the game. Also, if there is more than one switch set up in the .CHT file when you load it say for instance:

Code:
[Infinite time]
ON=42254,63
OFF=0000,0

It doesn't import correctly. Also if the cheats have any chinese in them (which most of them do until we finish translating them) the cheats won't import correctly. I'll keep playing around with it and see if I can get it to work for me with any more games. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, it was maybe funny the third or fourth time companies did it +1