OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@mrc2
You need to extract the main.dol from the ISO with WiiTools or Truch signer.
Ich put brackets around (main) because there have been games reported where the main.dol isn't the real main executable of game rather a loader to another .dol file.
And of course the other .dol files can be patched with my program if the correct byte patterns are found.

@pelago
Hm you have a good point about the WIP extension there. Any suggestions for another one?
I plan to release the source some time later because at the moment it es quite a mess
wink.gif
(btw it is written using Borland C++ Builder 6)

mrc2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any1 knows where i can get wiitools so i can't get this main.dol file i need to get rid of the 001 error for smash? thank you

i'm new to this , so trying to feel my way on doing this

smitt40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow this is a great tool, just tried to remove 001 error in mario galaxy pal, it booted first time , wouldent work before as i have a crap chip so would this method work with ssbb, thanks for a great app.
grog.gif

mthegreatone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for clarification purposes:

- this gui app will modify the main.dol that is manually extracted by the end-user...using Trucha Signer.
- after patching said dol file, end-user needs to use Trucha Signer again to manually override existing main.dol in the game ISO with the patched main.dol

is above the gist of it?

i'm not at home right now so i can't test it for myself to see if it's working, but this seems like the kind of thread worth sticking.

lombers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mthegreatone said:

- this gui app will modify the main.dol that is manually extracted by the end-user...using Trucha Signer.
- after patching said dol file, end-user needs to use Trucha Signer again to manually override existing main.dol in the game ISO with the patched main.dol

is above the gist of it?

i'm not at home right now so i can't test it for myself to see if it's working, but this seems like the kind of thread worth sticking.

I believe this is correct
smile.gif

bailli

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mthegreatone said:

is above the gist of it?

Jep that's right. Maybe with a little help the next version will be able to at least extract the main.dol directly from an ISO.

EDIT: Update: v1.11 is available. As usual see the first post...

mthegreatone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djsika said:
ohh wonder if it will be able to open iso's that signer cant, like wiiscruibber can

this Generic Patcher DOES NOT open ISOs at all. you need to extract the main.dol yourself USING trucha signer, patch the dol file, then resign...again using trucha

bailli

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mthegreatone said:
djsika said:
ohh wonder if it will be able to open iso's that signer cant, like wiiscruibber can

this Generic Patcher DOES NOT open ISOs at all. you need to extract the main.dol yourself USING trucha signer, patch the dol file, then resign...again using trucha

I said maybe one of the next version can extract the file directly from the ISO:
bailli said:
Jep that's right. Maybe with a little help the next version will be able to at least extract the main.dol directly from an ISO.
I think IF my program supports ISO it can open all that WiiScrubber can - but you still have to use trucha to put the file back in...

QUOTE(DiMENSiON @ Mar 11 2008, 11:03 PM)
What should I do to get 480p working on a PAL Wii? I mean there are like 18 video modes (think it's two of each video mode). Link

If you have no idea what to do I suggest you use the "NTSC-2-PAL" button and let the program decide which modes to patch.
And if you are talking about SSBB I think it does not support 480p (haven't tried it myself, but I think the discussions about that all say it doesn't work...)

SleepyPrince

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I tried to patch The Dog Island (Pal) to work on my jp wii
The language patch didn't work
so I tried the video mode patch
I set it to Pal-2-NTSC
the game did load
but the warning screen and loading screen keep shaking
the in-game screen is normal but is shifted an inch down
so part of the screen (mainly the conversation dialogs) cant be seen

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This tool is just incredible... I've managed to get most previously non-working games working perfectly.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

bailli

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SleepyPrince said:
I tried to patch The Dog Island (Pal) to work on my jp wii
The language patch didn't work
so I tried the video mode patch
I set it to Pal-2-NTSC
the game did load
but the warning screen and loading screen keep shaking
the in-game screen is normal but is shifted an inch down
so part of the screen (mainly the conversation dialogs) cant be seen

Do mean that the patched language doesn't help to get that game to run on your console or that my patcher didn't patch the language correctly?

mthegreatone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bumped...hopefully thread will get stickied.

just curious about games like SMG though. i have the ISO, but there's nothing special i need to do right?

i mean all i need to do is apply the 001 error patch, and then there SHOULD be a 100% guarantee of it working? the way i see it, it's not like i have to do any special burning process since it's a single-layer game anyway...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Toxic pills are best
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Toxic pills are best