Gaming GTA CW and Rockstar Social Club

Markan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did anyone here manage to SUCCESSFULLY link his Friend Code to his Rockstar Social Club account?
(This topic may be long, so even if you dont want to read it all I would still be happy to hear your experiences concerning the above question)

When I tried to link it the first time, at the end of the syncing progress I pressed on Check Status (in the Internet Browser) and I got this message:

"Warning!

We detected that you have moved your Nintendo DS Friend Code to another Social Club Account. Please be aware that this will invalidate any previous save game data we have in our database. If you would like to see your stats submitted to the Social Club under this new Social Club Account, you will have to delete any and all save games currently on your Nintendo DS and start/sync a brand new save. If you would like to continue using your old save games and stats, please link your Friend Code back to the original Social Club Account it was tied to."

How can this be? I did NOT transfer the FC from any account to another. So either some idiot has entered his own FC wrong and thus entered mine or they noticed that I was playing the game from a flash cart and thus want to play around with me saying that I should delete everything :-/

Anyway in my Social Club Account I could see my FC there (as if it correctly linked it), but couldnt see my stats online. I dont know if I was able to get the special content in that status. Well eventually I did what the warning message said: I deleted all my save files and started anew (of course I backd my save files up).

Tried to sync my stats on that new game and what I got now was this:

"Communication error. You have been disconnected from Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. For Help, visit support.nintendo.com.

Error Code 92040"

I looked on the support site and it only said something like: Maybe there is a microwave oven near you and something like that... Tested Wi-Fi connection via the Test -> worked. Tried Wi-Fi on other games -> worked. I didnt know how to get rid of this error message. I formated my miniSD, put a fresh .nds on it, tried again: same error message. Tried it also with my backd up save file, but got the same message. So I gave up.

Today I tried it again and I can suddenly sync the stats again, I dont know why but its weird. Ive repeated the linking steps again and I got the message in my browser again that I should delete all saves, which I will certainly not do again.

So has anyone managed to link his FC to the Social Club account without problems?

The only thing I see which I could try out is, linking again with another save file where I have yet no FC code (where I would get another one). However I fear that I will again get this error code message, so I will rather first hear what you guys here did to get it working (maybe nothing, maybe I really just hav bad luck that an idiot linked my FC with his account).

Im using any of the last two as the results seem to be the same.

Markan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried to link my other Friend Code (from another save file) to a new Social Club account. All I got was the same message, that someone already linked that FC to an account and that I have to delete all my save files...

I dont know if the problem is maybe that I entered United States as residence for my social Club account. I live in Germany but dont want to put in germany as they said that special content will be avaible for certain locations. And for germany maybe there are no contents, because of censorship or anything. (and I am also playing the US version)

Markan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ive tried with another FC but it didnt help :-/

Did you also use a patched file or do you have a newer firmware update and thus dont need any patching?

P

pasc

I used the action replay code and it worked without problems using that, I guess patched games won't work...

Markan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ah so u used a original rom with cheats enabled. Hmm I think that doesnt work on my M3, maybe I will have to wait for a firmware/give up on social club.

Markan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hmm is it somehow possible to play the original unpatched rom on m3ds simply only with cheats activated that let me progress beyond the save file error message + wifi enabled? That way maybe I could link my FC.

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The rockstar servers are pretty crap, I occasionally get error 92040/70.

Give it up and try later on when less people are likely to be about.

Markan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hmm ok so patched games also seem to work.

and FlatFrogger you said you get that error occcasionally. Maybe I too got it occasionally and just thought it was because I deleted my saves. I will try deleting all my saves later again and let ya'll know if I succeeded or not.

Markan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I again deleted my save files and started a new and tried linking again. During syncing when I pressed Check Status, it went back to syncing which means that there was no error. So I waited and after 5 mins eventually I got this:

Sorry!

We could not complete your link request due to an incorrectly entered friend code or you did not sync your stats within the allotted 5 minute time period. Please check your friend code and also make sure to sync your stats immediately after pressing the “SUBMIT AND CONTINUE” button in the previous step.

I definetly did not enter a wrong FC. I tried the thing two times, one time I only sinced once during the process and the other time I synced more times during it. same results... Dunno if I should try this with another rom (I am currently using a patched one that doesnt need cheats, maybe I try the one that needs cheats.)

edit:
Tried the same thing again with a new FC and a new social club account. again the sorry message. Tomorrow I will try linking with another rom file.

Markan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
One question: In my Social Club Account my FC is entered. When I want to change it I get:

Change Your Friend Code?

You have already successfully linked a Friend Code to your Social Club account. Continuing will overwrite your former Friend Code with the new one you enter. Are you sure you would like to change your Friend Code?

So it says: successfully.
I can still not see my stats online. But my question is: How could I test out if my FC is really linked. What are the extras that can only be unlocked via social club?

Can the statues of Fo be found even if my FC is not linked to my social club account?
Please give me an idea what I could try out in game to be 100% sure that the linking worked (aside from the stats not being seen)

edit: Ive done it! Like a miracle. Dont know why it suddenly works, but it works. (had to delete save file but nvm, great game will play again thru it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5