Gaming How accurate/responsive is wiimote?

khan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hi all, Sorry if already discussed. I am wondering if there is any lag between you waving the wiimote around and something happing on the screen in actual games?

I am assuming that menu will be 100% responsive but how does it fare in games?

Thank you

Mystic-Homer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hm, I guess there's some slight lag - Like in Zelda, when you're using a menu or even when you're waving the gay fairy around...

It's nothing that takes away from the game too much... And you can even turn the pointer off completely, 'cause it's not really needed
smile.gif

As far as anything in Wii Sports, it's quite accurate/responsive as long as you stay within the limits of the sensor bar... Haven't noticed anything glaring though, really
smile.gif

[Edit] After thinking about it a bit, it might just be the game you're playing... So maybe software adds to it too, and not just the hardware.

Mr.Dilf Sir

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well it has been said that when your Playing Zelda it has like half a second delay in you finishing the gesture to him actually doing it on screen. When really you shouldn't notice it or care when you in the heat of a battle (as I didn't notice or care), probably you will only notice it if your looking out for it, if not even with the delay about it doesn't really matter or lessen the experience.
biggrin.gif

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
It seems to depend on the game. For example, in Zelda, there's a slight delay. But it's only about a fourth of a second, so it doesn't really matter for Zelda. In Rayman, though, it has almost no lag at all. I'd imagine that any FPS would also have no lag.

What is nice, though, is the fact that it is as smooth as can be. With a mouse, the cursor moves in pixels. Move the mouse slowly, if you don't know what I mean. With the wiimote, though, it's a perfectly smooth motion. Aiming the bow in Zelda is amazing. If something is REALLY far away, you can still nail them with pinpoint accuracy because of how smooth the fine movement is.

G

Gilrad

There's a tremendous amount in the wii menus (at least, by my standards), and in playing Zelda, the lag is a little bit better. I really hope people are correct in saying there are games with virtually no lag, as the delay really takes away from the accuracy of the pointer.

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The wiimote have a tiny cam build in, that point to the sensor bar like the IR.

it might lag if the room far too bright..

I think you can cheak this on the wii console went you test the sensor bar with your wiimote. you'll see a bright white dot in your screen which is your wiimote, if you moving the wiimote around you can tell how clear to repond back to your sensor bar

if your room too bright it harder to see your white sensor dot on the screen and it might cause lag.

I haven't got a wii yet....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that worked, thanks!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, wut the heck
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just format it to ntfs or fat32 I don't remember
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh when you put it in the ps3, it asks to format I thought. I just look it up when I get the new hd.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sorry but i cant join the conversation despite having a ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Run it in safe mode
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never knew linksys was owned under foxconn
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Evilnat is custom firmware for PS3, ofc.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I used to have Rebug on there, but I didn't like how they weren't pushing a lot of updates.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why update something a small percent cares about
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm mostly upgrading his hd, he has a 120gb in it now, lol, gonna give him a 2tb (1.5tb), not sure if he has it cfw or not, i haven't even turned it on yet. Ill mess w it tomorrow, I'm busy killing clowns right now.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is he paying you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh, I told him not worried bout it, but he paying for the new HD. He will prob buy me a case ole beer, or a sack for doing it.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    would you guys rather never eat cake again (in general) or nevee eat ice cream again (in general)?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, im staying with ps3hen
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What about ice cream cake?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, So old-skool.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea ps3HEN is fine, don't mess with what's not broken. The HEN version irc is for the super Slims, and CFW (evilnat) for other models
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, also what are the differences with ps3hen and evilnat?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They both basically do the same
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @BigOnYa ice cream cake is fucked either way
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    @BigOnYa ok i read that the super slim model (the one i have) isnt compatible with cfw and that "HEN is the next best thing, it is a semi jailbreak applied on top of the OFW system software, it is geared towards console models that aren't CFW compatible, you can run homebrew, play backups but you cannot use customised system files & must reapply your customisations & HEN after every boot."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    8=D
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :creep: +1