Hacking Idiots Guide to "music games" in UNEEK+DI

Griffin224

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for an "Idiots Guide" to getting music games working with UNEEK+DI r145.

Assume I am a complete moron (I probably am, but hey.) and will need EXACT step by step instructions to get them working.

Thanks in advance and I will keep an eye on this thread and try to respond to any questions as quickly as I can.

x4mer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Griffin224 said:
I'm looking for an "Idiots Guide" to getting music games working with UNEEK+DI r145.

Assume I am a complete moron (I probably am, but hey.) and will need EXACT step by step instructions to get them working.

Thanks in advance and I will keep an eye on this thread and try to respond to any questions as quickly as I can.

CIOS binds to only USB port 0, leaving USB 1 available for other use.

If you use UNEEK (+DI), it takes over the entire USB controller for HDD use, leaving no option to use other USB devices. So mic will not work for any music games, wired LAN will not work, and only GH wiimote based drums/guitars will work - RB USB based instruments won't work.

That's quite a bit of restriction, so unless you're OK with all that, UNEEK for music games is not worth pursuing at this point. There are at least 3 open issues on the SNEEK dev site, regarding supporting USB devices on the 2nd USB port. The one I created was Issue 40, another is lower (LAN), and another is up in the 70's I believe.

hulk691

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
x4mer said:
Griffin224 said:

CIOS binds to only USB port 0, leaving USB 1 available for other use.

If you use UNEEK (+DI), it takes over the entire USB controller for HDD use, leaving no option to use other USB devices. So mic will not work for any music games, wired LAN will not work, and only GH wiimote based drums/guitars will work - RB USB based instruments won't work.

That's quite a bit of restriction, so unless you're OK with all that, UNEEK for music games is not worth pursuing at this point. There are at least 3 open issues on the SNEEK dev site, regarding supporting USB devices on the 2nd USB port. The one I created was Issue 40, another is lower (LAN), and another is up in the 70's I believe.
Very good point.
Use Uniiloader for your nand emulation. It support the 2nd USB port and even USB1.0 hub for multiple instruments.
It can also load if your instrument is in the 1st USB port and your HDD is in the 2nd USB port.

Griffin224

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could grab Uniiloader but I have a question, does anyone know of a way to "re-encrypt" the SNEEK game images? I REALLY don't want to have to re-borrow all those games.

BobZhome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Griffin224 said:
I could grab Uniiloader but I have a question, does anyone know of a way to "re-encrypt" the SNEEK game images? I REALLY don't want to have to re-borrow all those games.
What do you mean by ""re-encrypt" the SNEEK game images?"? My guess is that you have the game images on a WBFS partition. If so, try this: http://gwht.wikidot.com/wbfs-to-fat-transfer

Griffin224

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BobZhome said:
What do you mean by ""re-encrypt" the SNEEK game images?"? My guess is that you have the game images on a WBFS partition. If so, try this: http://gwht.wikidot.com/wbfs-to-fat-transfer

No, I actually mean re-encrypt, SNEEK stores the game images as unencrypted files as compared to iso, ciso, or WBFS images. For example, if you could browse the images on your PC it would be a bunch of individual files, that is how SNEEK uses its games and not as the single file, at least for now, once there is iso or WBFS support in SNEEK I am all for that!

EDIT: The partition type they are stored on is fat32, as SNEEK supports that.

EDIT 2: I am pretty sure it is NOT the games causing the problem, but the fact that they take more than the "spin-down" time on my USB drive and thus will not spin back up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3