Hacking I'm almost done setting up backup launcher need just a little bit

clickclick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I finally caught up with the mod-free hacking of the Wii, I've done the twilight hack and installed the homebrew channels.

I've downloaded the backup launcher and the .zip file includes 3 folders called backup_launcher, cios)installer, and source. I don't know how to install it though, in the wiki page that has the guide it says:

Instructions
---------------------

1. Install new cIOS. Make sure its properly installed
2. Load Backup Launcher and play game.

Can anyone tell me where I might be able to find instructions on the installation of the cIOS and the Backup Launcher.

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
put the folders "backup_launcher" and "cios installer" in the "apps" folder that should be on your sd card and then fire up homebrew channel and run cios and then run backup launcher

clickclick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot!

I don't want to create another thread for this, but do you guys have any recommendations as far as which DVD-R's work best? Also I am on OS X, so as far as burning discs will Disk Utility work or should I download a different program?

clickclick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Few more questions, to install the cIOS installer it seems that I need to go online. Now if I connect my Wii online, can I just reject the new update and continue to install the cIOS installer? If not is there a way around this?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have pretty much any files you need in my signature for the wii including a how to and files it takes from the online server

I believe toast is good for mac , but i havent used it - it may be a bit of trial and error on burning , but your on the right track with -r to strart with

clickclick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
I have pretty much any files you need in my signature for the wii including a how to and files it takes from the online server

I believe toast is good for mac , but i havent used it - it may be a bit of trial and error on burning , but your on the right track with -r to strart with

Nice guide, answered a lot of my questions do you have one on how to patch games? (OS X) Or is that much simpler than I think it is?

Praetor192

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
clickclick said:
Thanks a lot!

I don't want to create another thread for this, but do you guys have any recommendations as far as which DVD-R's work best? Also I am on OS X, so as far as burning discs will Disk Utility work or should I download a different program?
I am on OS X as well, so far Disk Utility and Verbatim DVD-Rs have been great, no coasters at all. I just select the ISO, click burn, confirm max speed (4x) and it burns then verifies. All of my 10 or so games have worked fantastically. If Disk Utility doesn't work for you, you could always try Toast as well.

clickclick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep on getting a -1 error during the Wad manager installation.

here's what I get after selecting Wii SD slot:

Initializing libfat, please wait... OK!
retrieving device contents, please wait... ERROR! (ret = -1)

and then it restarts my system.

I have gotten this with djtaz's files.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
clickclick said:
djtaz said:
What version is your wii ? you can check that in the wii system options on the bottom right usually

Version 3.2U is what it says.
very strange - that should work fine with the files in my zip - did you put the 0000001 folder onto the SD card as well ?

clickclick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
clickclick said:
djtaz said:
What version is your wii ? you can check that in the wii system options on the bottom right usually

Version 3.2U is what it says.
very strange - that should work fine with the files in my zip - did you put the 0000001 folder onto the SD card as well ?

Maybe you can confirm but I think I might be using the wrong zip, I downloaded the one in your signature "3.3u_Update_Fix_____WITH_out______IOS16 2" and I don't see a 0000001 folder.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would think thats the wrong one alright - thats only if you updated your system to version 3.3 or above

3.2 is the perfect system to be on - stay on it as long as you can - get the files in the first link and try them

clickclick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanna make sure, the file in the first link is that WiiBackupv0.3b.zip??

Also is this going to ask me to connect to the internet to install the cIOS? and if it does is it possible to reject Nintendo's new update?

Thanks for all the help!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
clickclick said:
Just wanna make sure, the file in the first link is that WiiBackupv0.3b.zip??

Also is this going to ask me to connect to the internet to install the cIOS? and if it does is it possible to reject Nintendo's new update?

Thanks for all the help!
yeah thats the file - no it wont connect to the internet , i have the files required already downloaded and in the zip ready to go .... (arent i very good to you ?)
I had some issues installing the online versions myself so i got them all and put them into the folder ready to go - its faster and no online stuff for the wii

let me know how you get on - should be easier with the READ ME on that one - skip the twilight hack section if thats in already

QUOTE(tkpro @ Nov 20 2008, 03:23 AM) DJtaz - I must be BLIND but I don't see any files attached to your signature

Disregard I wasn't logged in

My BAD
lol

clickclick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot DJ everything works perfect! Now just gotta get myself some blank DVDs and torrents.

I really can't believe this; I couldn't believe it when I heard of such things for the DS and now for the Wii. Beautiful.

clickclick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more question, is there any ways to check if a certain torrent is good or bad without having to go through the whole download, burning and just to find out that it's bad dump. Is there certain groups that are known for better releases?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Officially : Your should only use backup copies of games that you already have - and check that your state allows the legitimate usage of backup copies so that you dont break the law there.
Unofficially - Your in a different region to me but theres one for Pal backups that are great - someone else may be able to advise you but obviously no linking to illegal sites would be allowed.

edit - ohh and congrats on getting it going - btw - the wii dumper will back up an original game from your wii to your PC if you want to test and know the ISO works - aslo scrubbed games are small to download for testing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: A Far Right news service company