Is Ace Combat 7 "Unknown skies" any good?

Pokepicker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Has anyone played the Ace Combat 7 "Skies Unknown" game?

I remember playing one of the Ace Combat games back in the days of PS2, and found it entertaining enough. I haven't played any similar games since then.

I see it's on sale with 80% off on Steam. Including the "TopGun Maverick" DLC. I haven't seen the movie, but I might as well get the bundle if I'm going to give it a go.

Are the DLC planes just cosmetic, or do they actually perform differently than your standard planes?

• Love
Reactions: AncientBoi

BraveDragonWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd look towards Youtube to see if it's any good. But let's hear from the people here at GBATemp.

For years I've been wanting to play another fighter jet game after playing Heatseeker for the Wii years ago. I've been really picky about what I want to try out and I've been too hesitant about it. So I just stopped bothering if I'm not gonna commit.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ooww I shall also wait for the others account of the game. Though I love Ground Assualt war games, I do venture into the skies :D. I have theses on Ace Combat series, Plus 2 more.

Ace Combat X
Ace Combat - Joint Assault

Afterburner - Black Falcon
WWII - Battle Over the Pacific

I don't do the keyboard thingy, as I use my Logitec PS2 USB controller on those games :)

Last edited by AncientBoi,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't played the game much post-launch but I did review the PS4 release when it came out:
https://gbatemp.net/review/ace-combat-7.942/

Had a really good time with it, and definitely felt better than Assault Horizon on PC. The bulk of my experience comes from the PSP and 3DS games though (which I really loved) so I might be putting 7 on a pedestal on the merits of it being better than the more technically limited entries. Maybe I'll pick it up again myself, pretty sure I bought it on PC a while back.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played the game much post-launch but I did review the PS4 release when it came out:
https://gbatemp.net/review/ace-combat-7.942/

Had a really good time with it, and definitely felt better than Assault Horizon on PC. The bulk of my experience comes from the PSP and 3DS games though (which I really loved) so I might be putting 7 on a pedestal on the merits of it being better than the more technically limited entries. Maybe I'll pick it up again myself, pretty sure I bought it on PC a while back.

Thanks for the info @Scarlet :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: