Hacking JAP Wii users guide v2

whatyoudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you that are playing SMG-U on a NTSC-J system, did you guys get a message to update firmware after putting in SMG? I've been playing the SMG-J so I already have the updates installed from there. However, after using the Generic Patcher to force the language to English, then burning and putting in the disc, I get a message to update firmware. Did I miss a step somewhere? Was I supposed to use WBB or something? I remember the first time I tried back when the game first came ou and the language patcher wasn't out, the Wii would recognize the game but would just go to a black screen after starting.

sushireed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
devil_goalie said:
Thank you guys for your help.

I changed the .inf file for the one from proph, let the update run on my wii, and the game ran just fine! I think I will update the wiki for those who didn't formerly update with SSBB jp. I quite sure I'm not the only one who experienced this issue, and it would be nice to document it so it can be easy for future SSBB us player with jp wii to know what to do.

SSBB is awesome! Have a good day everyone!

So you have a japanese Wii, modded & are successfully playing the NTSC-U SSBB without every having played the Jap version of the game.

when you say you changed the '.inf'... you are talking about using Trucha on an NTSC-U iso of SSBB, replacing that inf file with the one from the Jap SSBB. Then you resign everything and burn it.

meaning, bottom line that you took the USA iso of SSBB and just overwrote the update.inf file with the Japanese SSBB update.inf file??

And that's all I have to do? So, No WBB, No WGLP (Wii game language patcher, since it's in english), and no Wii Update Patcher???

Just wanna make sure before I mess anything up.
Thanks for your help!

Kyokokoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
whatyoudo said:
For those of you that are playing SMG-U on a NTSC-J system, did you guys get a message to update firmware after putting in SMG? I've been playing the SMG-J so I already have the updates installed from there. However, after using the Generic Patcher to force the language to English, then burning and putting in the disc, I get a message to update firmware. Did I miss a step somewhere? Was I supposed to use WBB or something? I remember the first time I tried back when the game first came ou and the language patcher wasn't out, the Wii would recognize the game but would just go to a black screen after starting.

Yes, you have to use WiiBrickblocker, even if you updated using the Jap game, as I did too.

QUOTE(sushireed @ Mar 22 2008, 11:06 AM) So you have a japanese Wii, modded & are successfully playing the NTSC-U SSBB without every having played the Jap version of the game.

when you say you changed the '.inf'... you are talking about using Trucha on an NTSC-U iso of SSBB, replacing that inf file with the one from the Jap SSBB. Then you resign everything and burn it.

meaning, bottom line that you took the USA iso of SSBB and just overwrote the update.inf file with the Japanese SSBB update.inf file??

And that's all I have to do? So, No WBB, No WGLP (Wii game language patcher, since it's in english), and no Wii Update Patcher???

Just wanna make sure before I mess anything up.
Thanks for your help!

That's all correct, except for the part about the Jap update.inf: it's not the jap one you want, it's the one made by prophet, look for it in this forum. Or alternatively you can use Wii Update Patcher to achieve the same results on your own update.inf extracted from the game.

HyperVisor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got SSBB (JPN) and played that on my JPN Wii. I'd run the updates on the disc when first playing and everything went fine. I notice that it didn't update to 3.2J, so I'm assuming therefore 3.1J (or lower) was on the disc, although I know there are other specific updates that install with SSBB.

I now have the SSBB (NTSC-U) DVD9 version so I can play with English text. I've extracted the main.dol file, patched with WGLP v2, checked for the 001 error with Wii Generic Patcher and then placed the main.dol file back and trucha signed the partition. Finally run it through WBB.

My question is as I'm only on 3.1J but have already played SSBB (J) which installed the game-specific updates, can I simply play the NTSC-U version (with the patching I'd done above) and all will be OK? Specifically, does the game require 3.2 to run and is it necessary to replace the .inf file I've seen people referring to?

Kyokokoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
HyperVisor said:
Specifically, does the game require 3.2 to run and is it necessary to replace the .inf file I've seen people referring to?

Come on man, take the time to read at least a couple of pages of this thread.

No, it does not require 3.2, and it would be safer to replace the .inf without brickblocking the ISO, but it might work even if you just brickblock it without replacements, although I'm not certain about that. Just replace it, no harm in that.

poke50uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djsika said:
lyoozero said:
Could I use a USA/PAL Freeloader on my JAP Wii? Harvest Moon MAgcial Melody(PAL) doesn't work, so I was wondering if I could get it working with Freeloader.

I use the pal dumped freeloader on my jap wii and it works

issue... I open the pal version using wiu.. tells me that theres 2.2U firmware and has a different resion ID...
what happens when you ran it?
or did you patch it etc?

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so i have a JAP wii, but have never played jap SSBB - After i replace the update.inf is ther anythign else i need to do?

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I have a jap Wii running 3.2J firmware with D2CKey.

I just gotten Super Mario Galaxy USA Wii-PROMiNENT.

Can i just burn and play it straight away or do i have to patch anything or what so ever ? Will it prompt me to update ?

Kyokokoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
donchen said:
I have a jap Wii running 3.2J firmware with D2CKey.

I just gotten Super Mario Galaxy USA Wii-PROMiNENT.

Can i just burn and play it straight away or do i have to patch anything or what so ever ? Will it prompt me to update ?
Listen, you shouldn't go around sending private messages to get help, when said instructions are pretty much everywhere, and you seem to have registered just for this issue.

Besides, RTFM, as it contains the info you want about the language patcher quite clearly:

"How to use it:
- Open ISO with Trucha Signer
- Extract Partition2/SYSFILES/main.dol
- Drag&drop the main.dol to wglp.exe
- Select a task (For example, if you patch an NTSC-U game, please select [1])
- Replace Partition2/SYSFILES/main.dol with the patched one and re-sign it
- Burn and play
smile.gif
"

You only need to remember to use brickblocker after this simple process.

epu708

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
bubbleboy said:
Has anyone gotten even ONE game to work on a Jap Wii with freeloader?
well, it is better for you to point out which game you want it to be tested.
maybe i can give the answer.
because atm i can run all games that need fix with trucha and feel no need for freeloader to take action unless nintendo updates really block trucha.

Kyokokoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
donchen said:
I did not just register for this issue. I just got my wii and thats the reason why i just joined gbatemp
Fine, I was wrong about that then.

QUOTE(epu708 @ Mar 27 2008, 03:20 PM) because atm i can run all games that need fix with trucha and feel no need for freeloader to take action unless nintendo updates really block trucha.
Yeah, I'm pretty much of the same opinion. Bubbleboy, if you are here for advice, you could explain yourself instead of ranting, though I seem to understand you are doubting the J Freeloader to be genuine.

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
kyokokoko: But sorry to prv msg you about it because i was eager to play the game and thanks alot for your help!

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
epu708 said:
because atm i can run all games that need fix with trucha and feel no need for freeloader to take action unless nintendo updates really block trucha.
Yeah, I'm pretty much of the same opinion. Bubbleboy, if you are here for advice, you could explain yourself instead of ranting, though I seem to understand you are doubting the J Freeloader to be genuine.

Yeah trucha has worked great, esp now that I can play US SMG.. so that's not my complaint! I'm just wondering why stuff like SMG or any other game that wouldn't run before still won't run on a JAP wii, unpatched with freeloader.

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi people,

I finally managed to get my SMG US to start.

But after play the game for about 20 minutes, i got the message

" The Game Disc Could not be read. Please read the Wii Operation Manual for more information "

Is it due to bad burn ? I have tried 2 DVDs already.

I am using Verbatim DVD-R burnt at 8x and Verbatim DVD-R burnt at 4x. Both also have the same problem.

epu708

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
bubbleboy said:
epu708 said:

Yeah trucha has worked great, esp now that I can play US SMG.. so that's not my complaint! I'm just wondering why stuff like SMG or any other game that wouldn't run before still won't run on a JAP wii, unpatched with freeloader.

It's possibly due to some advanced region lock mechanism compared to regular protection that can be bypassed with freeloader. maybe it can be solved with freeloader version 2 LOL

QUOTE(donchen @ Mar 28 2008, 02:41 PM)
Hi people,

I finally managed to get my SMG US to start.

But after play the game for about 20 minutes, i got the message

" The Game Disc Could not be read. Please read the Wii Operation Manual for more information "

Is it due to bad burn ? I have tried 2 DVDs already.

I am using Verbatim DVD-R burnt at 8x and Verbatim DVD-R burnt at 4x. Both also have the same problem.

likely to be bad burn. how old is your burner?

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
@epu708: I have been burning and reburning already. Could it be the DVD (Verbatim) or my DVD writer ? My burner is about a year and a half.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1