Hacking Just got a refurbished PS3. Firmware v4.00 :/

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What can I do now homebrew-wise? I don't want to spend any extra money on flashing equipment and gadgets, I was hoping everything can be done through something like a SD card or a USB drive like with the wii.

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the two hardware that I need to downgrade is either a E3 flasher or the Progskeet? Would anyone vouch for either of these two products?

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, looks messy. I guess I'll hold off on the homebrew for now. Should I upgrade to the current firmware to play some games or should I just hold off on it until a cheaper, easier exploit has been found? Also, do all PS3 games ask you to upgrade the firmware when you insert the disk or just newer ones?

Thanks for the help you guys.

jing90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Eh, looks messy. I guess I'll hold off on the homebrew for now. Should I upgrade to the current firmware to play some games or should I just hold off on it until a cheaper, easier exploit has been found? Also, do all PS3 games ask you to upgrade the firmware when you insert the disk or just newer ones?

Thanks for the help you guys.
if you want to play online you need the latest firmware, offline it depends on witch firmware the game needs to be played. this list should tell you what firmware is needed for each game.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just wait a while. Probably not going to take that long for the new "idea" to become something useful for the average user.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3