Homebrew putting wii games on usb loader gx (vwii)

bshermeto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i cant figure out how to get usb loader gx to read my usb flash drive it just says loading HDD.... then loads an error message saying not initialized i tried formatting the flash drive in fat32 and putting the games in the wbfs folder and using wii backup manager to put the games on the flash drive but it still wont read it i spent 10 hours trying to figure it out the last couple of days but nothing is working i am putting the usb flash drive in port 0 and tried everything i have read online to get it working it was easy getting everything installed but it wont even show my SD card when i try putting a game on there to load do i need to use a external hard drive or will a different usb flash drive work

i followed this guide to mod my vwii and installed everything from the SD card and it says to load the SD card with the games on it go to settings - hard drive settings - sd card mode and turn it on but that setting isnt even in my settings on usb loader gx how can i even load the games off the SD card if it wont show up
the install guide i followed:

neverends4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newest USB loader GX is r1281, check and confirm.
You choose to place game on either SD or USB HDD(HDD is better than flash drives as the later tend to have compatibility issues), for Wii games placing on SD is OK but some larger games will be slow to read.

bshermeto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes I have the latest version but still having no luck getting it to work I ordered a new bigger SD card mine was only 4gb and a sata Y adapter to try and plug in my 2.5" hard drive maybe that will work I know usb drives don't work great but I could temporarily use my SD card it's just I can't find the option in the settings to enable SD card like in the video and it should work or the console wouldn't boot at all since it runs off the SD card xD

neverends4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Default USB loader GX will read from BOTH SD and USB drive, I placed GC games on SD and Wii games on USB, GX can recognize and display them both at the same time with no issue. The SD mode will be triggered automatically when no USB present/recognized. It will prompt you.

Maybe trivial but you have to place game files in the folder named as game name+ [game ID]. e.g.
For Wii games:

\wbfs\Wii Party [SUPJ01]\SUPJ01.wbfs

bshermeto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok i got my bigger sd card today put all my wiiu files on it and used wii backup manager to put the games on it and it is working from the sd card just got to wait and see if i can get a hard drive working

Last edited by bshermeto,

bshermeto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it works i guess i didnt format it as 32bit cluster but how do i get it to stop popping up on the wiiu menu that i have a usb device that needs to be formatted?
Post automatically merged:

ustealth worked

Last edited by bshermeto,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @Xdqwerty +2