Knights of the Old Republic II Switch Modding

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The most prominent thing I thought was a mod-introduced bug was no Handmaiden. Having just got Disciple, I'm ready to conclude that this build flips from vanilla. Male PCs get Disciple, Female PCs get Handmaiden. I was under the mistaken impression that the prepackaged (mediafire) zip was just TSLRCM, and it was the zip files attached to the OP that included all of the listed mods.

So to clarify: the prepackaged archive implements all of the mods listed in spoiler tags in the OP. Including the homosexual romance options (which necessitate the handmaiden-disciple switch).

Can you confirm what version of Kotor 2 switch you successfully tested this build on? My understanding is there are three updates to date, 1.0.1-1.0.3.

Stellar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The most prominent thing I thought was a mod-introduced bug was no Handmaiden. Having just got Disciple, I'm ready to conclude that this build flips from vanilla. Male PCs get Disciple, Female PCs get Handmaiden. I was under the mistaken impression that the prepackaged (mediafire) zip was just TSLRCM, and it was the zip files attached to the OP that included all of the listed mods.

So to clarify: the prepackaged archive implements all of the mods listed in spoiler tags in the OP. Including the homosexual romance options (which necessitate the handmaiden-disciple switch).

Can you confirm what version of Kotor 2 switch you successfully tested this build on? My understanding is there are three updates to date, 1.0.1-1.0.3.
Whatever was the most recent update around summer last year. Which I think is 1.0.2.

And yes, the prepackaged zip contains the mods I listed, because that was my setup at the time.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look man, you clearly don't know what you're doing here, so just delete everything you installed so far and just use this:

DOWNLOAD AND USE ONLY THIS
Umm yeah that's exactly what I did the first time and it didn't work. Not sure why you would attach other files if they weren't meant to be used. BTW the game still crashes no matter what, so it's obviously not something I'm doing, but thanks anyway.

Stellar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not sure why you would attach other files if they weren't meant to be used.
They *are* meant to be used, but you need to read the entirety of the opening post to understand how to use them.
  • The mediafire link is for people who don't want to bother with the steps required to use their preferred selection of mods on the Switch version. It contains TSLRCM and some other mods I used on my playthrough.
  • The first attachment contains some prepared folders and a script that you can use to port PC mods to the Switch.
  • The second attachment is a fix I created to prevent TSLRCM from breaking the Switch interface (mostly button prompts).
  • The third attachment is a fix I created for an audio bug I ran into during testing.
I've left links to deadlystream where you can find who lay the groundwork for this method as well as what I felt was a relatively easy to follow guide. I also left my personal mod folder for whoever just wanted something ready to use.

A year ago I might've had fresh experience to help people debug their issues, but at this point I'm just not going to revisit this game on this platform so whoever comes next will just have to put in the work.

Best of luck.
Post automatically merged:

I've edited the OP just to place the prepackaged mod folder at the very top. Hopefully that will make things easier for whoever lands on this thread in the future.

Last edited by Stellar,

Stellar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
BTW the game still crashes no matter what
Just wanted to leave one final note: if you want to rule out the causes of crashes/bugs/etc, you need to load a save from BEFORE you were using those mods. In other words, mods, particularly botched installs, can corrupt a save.

If you install TSLRCM (properly) you should start a new game.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to leave one final note: if you want to rule out the causes of crashes/bugs/etc, you need to load a save from BEFORE you were using those mods. In other words, mods, particularly botched installs, can corrupt a save.

If you install TSLRCM (properly) you should start a new game.
I just came back to this thread. I stopped playing the game for a while because I made a bad decision regarding going to Nar Shadaa as the first planet and not realizing what all got changed, and I got frustrated and took a break from the game. I also started the game fresh and installed the game and mods all at the same time. The mods all work perfectly too. No idea why the game is crashing, but I deleted and reinstalled everything and am going to try again from scratch and see if that helps. I reread the OP a few times over again just to be sure I didn't do something wrong this time. The crashes were mostly during combat or when navigating the main menu. The chances of a crash doubled when entering the menu during combat. Those are the only things that caused a crash, and it was random.

Oh and I miswrote when I said that I installed the first attachment. I actually used the mediafire link this whole time. I don't know why I said I used the attachment. That's why you thought i didn't read the OP lol. Sorry about that.

Reactions: Stellar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, This chat is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So I guess raid0 doesn't allow mismatched storage oh well
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In other news GeForce experience is still shit
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: In other news GeForce experience is still shit