CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Thanks for the feedback about MAIO on ak2.1 (I guess you have a 'good' 2.1 and not one of the 'defective' ones) - but which version of MAIO (& is that with the ROM running disabled or not) ??

I'll stick to the 'ak2i' title - since the 'Acekard RPG' and '2' has not been confirmed yet (& they have their own method for autorunning moonshell anyway), and as for emulators - I'll look into which are avaliable when I have time

~Stenny

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, I have a HW80 (November lot), and it's not defective. Well, I'm using the MAIO v3, and the commercial ROMs were not loaded at all, you know why, but the homebrew Tyrian (the port) was not able to be loaded. And I'm not remembering any manual method of disable ROM loading, so, I guess it's normal, as when was downloaded. I only changed the skins and that stuff.

S

sumarth

can you post the older skin ... i liked it

also, for the text editor plugin, what are you using? ; can you give me a nds file

i really like your package, way to go! (i normally use m3i zero sakura and i bought an acekard as a secondary, and i didnt like akaio at all)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
sumarth said:
can you post the older skin ... i liked itOlder skin ??? - do you mean the blue XMB one (as shown in the video in the first post) - if so it's included in the download in the '/moonshel2/internal/' folder as 'BlueXMB' (that's the moonshell skin file)
If you want the original Moonshell skin - that's ther too as 'default.skn'

- for the AKAIO, you 'reset to firmware' & press [start] > system properties > & change the skin to 'BlueXMB'

It's all mentioned in the 'instalation.txt' file I included in the downloads

QUOTE said:
also, for the text editor plugin, what are you using? ; can you give me a nds fileText editor or Text viewer ?? whatever - it's the same one & that comes with Moonshell. You find that in '/moonshel2/extlink/' folder - it's a file called 'ini.textedit.nds' (It's just a renamed 'textedit.nds') and you'll need the folder 'TextEdit' as well, as that's the 'skin' for it - although I don't know if it will work as a separate program

i really like your package, way to go! (i normally use m3i zero sakura and i bought an acekard as a secondary, and i didnt like akaio at all)
Thanks for the compliment - I was virtually the same as you - except I do like AKAIO, just don't like some of the limitations of it since 'plugins' were removed

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
Text editor or Text viewer ?? whatever - it's the same one & that comes with Moonshell. You find that in '/moonshel2/extlink/' folder - it's a file called 'ini.textedit.nds' (It's just a renamed 'textedit.nds') and you'll need the folder 'TextEdit' as well, as that's the 'skin' for it - although I don't know if it will work as a separate program
If you write extlink.dat, it works correctly.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
@~Stenny

buy a "genuine DSTT" you can disable commercial ROM loading on that cart, as it can replace any homebrew and and autoboot it by renaming it to "TTMENU.DAT", same case with moonshell 2

since moonshell 2 is also a homebrew launcher .. you can use moonshell 2 as homebrew kernel and completely turn it to a multimedia cart.

---- anyway back to topic:

im just referring use of moonshell 2.05 as that is the most stable that i used + with ez 3-1 as ram pack

::im also using different moonshell 2 version at the same time.. (without replacing/updating the files) between 2.10 and 2.05 (2.05 is my main OS and 2.10 as my secondary), if youre asking me how did i do it? just hex edit the rom itself and relocate the directory of the system files.

--been using moonshell 2 as a manga reader cause i can listen to music to it while reading.

(using DSTTi + 32gb class 4 SDHC card + moonshell 2.05&2.10 [commercial rom loading disabled])
(i have my supercard onei + 4gb class 6 SDHC for commercial rom loading.)

798-Icebird

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I made a empty text document and named it TextEdit._te
Wen I open that, I can use that to write a new tekst. It saves in a new .txt doc so I don't have to make a new TextEdit._te

Why did you added a ini.textedit.nds? _te.TextEdit.nds opens .ini files too. (Maybe not the first time but when you hold the a buttom on the ini you get a screen whitch format you want to open it. On the bottom you see text editor)

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
798-Icebird said:
Wen I open that, I can use that to write a new tekst. It saves in a new .txt doc so I don't have to make a new TextEdit._te

Why did you added a ini.textedit.nds? _te.TextEdit.nds opens .ini files too. (Maybe not the first time but when you hold the a buttom on the ini you get a screen whitch format you want to open it. On the bottom you see text editor)
I like that first idea (never thought of that, but then again I haven't been thinking too much for that sort of stuff since my DS broke xD). I always thought the text editor couldn't open 0kb files though, but I guess if you can do it, then it is possible.

I think he probably added the ini.testedit.nds to make his life a little quicker. Then instead of holding on the A button, he can just click it and edit (since I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to just read it xD).

798-Icebird

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
jurassicplayer said:
798-Icebird said:

I like that first idea (never thought of that, but then again I haven't been thinking too much for that sort of stuff since my DS broke xD). I always thought the text editor couldn't open 0kb files though, but I guess if you can do it, then it is possible.

THX
laugh.gif

QUOTE(jurassicplayer @ Apr 9 2010, 12:26 PM)
I think he probably added the ini.testedit.nds to make his life a little quicker. Then instead of holding on the A button, he can just click it and edit (since I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to just read it xD).

When I did this once, It always loads a .ini with the text editor. So, it doesn't really matter what you use but some people want to delete all the files that are not really necessary to work.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
798-Icebird said:
jurassicplayer said:
When I did this once, It always loads a .ini with the text editor. So, it doesn't really matter what you use but some people want to delete all the files that are not really necessary to work.
Jurassic Player is correct - I did the ini version so that I didn't have to press & hold to bring up the editor
I found it a bit of a nuisance having to put in/take out the MSD each time I had to alter a slight text position or colour when trying to get the AKAIO skin info etc just right
I found it easier to just boot into Moonshell and edit there, then boot back into AKAIO to test

As for Icebird tip of "I made a empty text document and named it TextEdit._te
When I open that, I can use that to write a new tekst. It saves in a new .txt doc so I don't have to make a new TextEdit._te
"
I never thought of that - nice idea if you make a lot of little 'to do notes' - I guess I could 'add' a 'Notes' folder & have the 'TextEdit._te' renamed to something like 'Make New Note._te' - then people could browse to folder select this & make a 'new note' - I may just look into that

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The idea I was wanting to play around with (though i can't since I have no way to do any playing), but I couldn't quite remember if there is the option still or not, but its the option regarding the latest 5 things executed. I believe that there was an option to toggle if it records your latest things or not. Originally i was thinking that it might be an idea to run the textedit._te so that it is placed in the Recent Apps and then lock the recent apps to make it similar to a secondary apps screen. The only problem is that the recent apps page is then not very "Recent App" like xD.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hmm - couple of problems....

Firstly tried 'a blank text file called 'TextEdit._te'' - but it doens't show up in moonshell to allow me to open it to try out Icebird tip

As for jurassic's idea - I can't find any option to prevent recording 'Recent Apps' in 2.1 version of Moonshell
It seems like the info is stored in 'launch.dat' - but you can't make it 'read-only' to prevent any overwirtes as MS faults out
I even tried placing 'textedit' into ms 'Launch' folder, & although it shows - when trying to run it crashes

~Stenny

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can say that if you use the child update, the splash.ini known bug is corrected and the right version is displayed.

Look, is there a way to get this autoboot in Wood R4?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Replacing the 'modifed' files with the 'child' files will put everything back to 'normal' & so fixes the splash.ani fault HOWEVER you will lose the Commercial ROM running - which is something I don't want to happen - that's the whole point of MAIO

As for your other part of the post .... WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT !!!!

'Wood R4' is for 'real' R4 card - isn't it ?!?
unsure.gif

If you want to autoboot on a R4 - then ask in the R4 forums !!!!!
lecture.gif

'MAIO' is made for Acekard users...Uses AKAIO OS, which is acekards...& the autoboot is custom made for acekards
smileipb2.png

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
798-Icebird said:

CannonFoddr said:
As for Icebird tip of "I made a empty text document and named it TextEdit._te
When I open that, I can use that to write a new tekst. It saves in a new .txt doc so I don't have to make a new TextEdit._te
"
I never thought of that - nice idea if you make a lot of little 'to do notes' - I guess I could 'add' a 'Notes' folder & have the 'TextEdit._te' renamed to something like 'Make New Note._te' - then people could browse to folder select this & make a 'new note' - I may just look into thatQUOTE(CannonFoddr @ Apr 9 2010, 02:44 PM)
Hmm - couple of problems....

Firstly tried 'a blank text file called 'TextEdit._te'' - but it doens't show up in moonshell to allow me to open it to try out Icebird tip

As for jurassic's idea - I can't find any option to prevent recording 'Recent Apps' in 2.1 version of Moonshell
It seems like the info is stored in 'launch.dat' - but you can't make it 'read-only' to prevent any overwirtes as MS faults out
I even tried placing 'textedit' into ms 'Launch' folder, & although it shows - when trying to run it crashes
S R S L Y , G U I S E ? ! ?

Just rename _te.TextEdit.nds to txt.TextEdit.nds if you want to use TextEdit for Text Files and not the Moonshell2 built-in reader.
You can even make an ini.TextEdit.nds for INI files or cfg.TextEdit.nds for CFG files or whatever text-based file you want.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
S R S L Y , G U I S E ? ! ?
Just rename _te.TextEdit.nds to txt.TextEdit.nds if you want to use TextEdit for Text Files and not the Moonshell2 built-in reader.
You can even make an ini.TextEdit.nds for INI files or cfg.TextEdit.nds for CFG files or whatever text-based file you want.
Hey - I know THAT.. I was just curious about what the other's were doing and if it's possible to remember 'history' & if youcan 'lock it'

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
if it's possible to remember 'history' & if youcan 'lock it'
This is one of the few complaints I have with Moonshell2... that things in the Launch folder will appear in the History too...
It kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In this case blank "textedit._te" must not be 0byte. MoonShell2 won't recognize 0byte file.
"Blank" means a file with a space.

As for WoodR4,
Xenon++ said:
Ok so I'll appreciate if someone asks:
Acekard Official kernel and Acekard AllInOne support "autorunWithLastRom". If autorunWithLastRom=1 is written in globalsettings.ini, the NDS written in lastsave.ini will be launched automatically.
But WoodR4 and WoodRPG lacks this feature so I cannot use it as external launcher.
I'm glad if you add it.

If the source comes I'll go with it.

#I don't want stupid quarrel. U know I'm not in white side.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Xenon++ said:
In this case blank "textedit._te" must not be 0byte. MoonShell2 won't recognize 0byte file.
"Blank" means a file with a space.

As for WoodR4,
Xenon++ said:
Ok so I'll appreciate if someone asks:
Acekard Official kernel and Acekard AllInOne support "autorunWithLastRom". If autorunWithLastRom=1 is written in globalsettings.ini, the NDS written in lastsave.ini will be launched automatically.
But WoodR4 and WoodRPG lacks this feature so I cannot use it as external launcher.
I'm glad if you add it.
If the source comes I'll go with it.
Thanks for the info Xenon++.... Oh & any luck making a 'diff' for 2.1Stable yet (I know you're busy on other projects at the moment) ?? but I would really like to get the splash.ani fault 'fixed'

Also I think I've found another 'bug' in Moonshell (2.1Stable at least)

Seems like a clean install of 'MAIOv3' & Moonshell will remember your 'history' ([select] > App launch) BUT if you select the 'DSi Screen capture' option Moonshell will now fail to remember anything afterwards EVEN IF YOU SWITCH OFF DSi Screen Capture

However if you have just the Moonshell2.1Stable installed WITHOUT Xenon++ Rom Running or my Splash.ani frig (ie MAIO v3 without ROM support) - the 'history' function works fine even with the DSi capture switched on or off

My guess... I think it's a combination of Xenon++ '2.09fix' (reload.dat and overlay.dll) & my 'frig' that's causing the problem - because they're for 2.09 Moonshell and the DSi capture is a 2.1 feature - there's some confusion occuring

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
if it's possible to remember 'history' & if youcan 'lock it'
hm...I can't seem to find option anywhere...though I feel like I have used it before. Oh well...Maybe someone can check to see if it can be put in the launch folder (though I think the launch folder only looks at .nds files)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk