METAL

Zendrik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man, I can't believe that I almost left out After Forever!!! I love those guys. And you can't go wrong with epic metal. Some Battlelore is always good to listen to.

And I'm surprised no one has said Dethklok yet. Granted, they aren't real...but I still love the songs that Brandon Small and the rest of the group makes

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Man, I can't believe that I almost left out After Forever!!! I love those guys. And you can't go wrong with epic metal. Some Battlelore is always good to listen to.

And I'm surprised no one has said Dethklok yet. Granted, they aren't real...but I still love the songs that Brandon Small and the rest of the group makes
Dethklok!
Dethklok!
Dethklok!
Dethklok!

(Toki Wartooth not a bumblebee)

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Glad someone put Judas Priest on there. AC/DC is timeless stuff. Metallica of course.

Tenacious-D is great stuff, even if you don't like metal. I love the comments/questions I get from people when I wear my "Cleveland Steamers" shirt. Even the cover picture on "The Complete Master Works" DVD is great. "Drive Thru" is funny every time I hear it.

moribund112

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Danzig is classic, regardless of what kind of person Glenn Danzig is, it's just awesome music.
Blind Guardian is one of my favorites, incredible in every way.
If you like either Blind Guardian or Iced Earth, check out Demons & Wizards. This band is incredible, especially the latest album "Touched by the Crimson King."

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Isn't Blind Guardian a Dutch band?

Teh best band on the world is Iron Maiden of course 8]

Nope, it's a German band
bow.gif

DarkMatt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No one has said DreamTheater!
cry.gif
DreamTheater are amazing, probably my favourite metal band, at least the one I listen to most. Dragonforce, Rhapsody, Symphony X, Kamelot, Sonata Arctica and Opeth are all amazing also. I missed Dragonforce when they came out here a few months ago
frown.gif

Oh, and Blind Guardian and Nightwish
biggrin.gif

Skyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Metal.
wub.gif

I usually listen to black and death metal, but pretty much everything but Power and NU metal works for me.
(Even though I don't consider NU-metal as metal, but simply Hard Rock.)

Quite awesome list you had there, some seriously ass kicking bands
wink.gif

I tend to stray away from the basic black metal bands. I mainly listen to melodic metal, some black and death metal.

Few bands I enjoy moshing my bald head to:

- Immortal
- Arch Enemy
- Static-X
- DevilDriver
- D'espairsRay

Just to name few.
D'espairsRay is a JMetal group, hailing from all the way Japan. Naturally. Immortals northern, icy cold music hits me straight too. It's just puurrrrfect.
smile.gif

Zendrik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got a chance to see D'espairsRay at Megacon '06 and they were amazing. Definitely one of the best visual rock bands i've seen in years. If you like them, you should check out Dir en Grey.

Even if you dont like Dir en Grey, you should check out the music video called Obscure. I think there was a post about it earlier this year....but they top US and EU metal videos....but then again, the Japanese seem to top everything the rest of the world does.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I love Guitar hero.
It made me realise theres much more than mainstream stuff out there.

half of the tracks in my play list have seemingly random names

mainstream is good too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk