Gaming New Super Mario Bros 2: Official Hype Thread

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 49,807
  • Replies 595
D

Deleted_171835

OP
I was half tempted to pick this up than I remembered I don't like the NSMB games.

I picked up AC: Revelations instead.
But then you realized that the real revelation was that you wanted Resident Evil: Revelations.

Reactions: 2 people

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't seem that Nintendo wants to release a demo of their first-party games. They didn't release one for Kid Icarus either.
In any case, could someone tell me how the difficulty level in this game is? I'm curious to see if it'll be as easy as the original NSMB.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
How is the 3D effect?
the 3DS videos and reviews I've read all said that the 3D effect is just about nonexistent.

I concur, it's like they didn't even try. Which is kind of sad...they could've used it really well, maybe for like hidden areas, so that depth perception is the only way to find them. Or a powerup that used the 3D in a more intuitive way, like turning the camera round paper mario style and letting Mario charge through mega mushroom-esque in almost a Sonic Colours like fashion.

Wasted opportunity imo....Still a great game :)
That sounds unpleasant. :x

But I don't want to get 3D Land again.

How are the levels though? Power ups in particular.

fossda

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, it's £40 as an eshop download and £25 in some stores. I'd be tempted to download it for convenience sake for a little more, but not a full 15 quid more.
You can get NSMB2 for £25!? Where?

Tesco Entertainment, Hotukdeals...seriously, check it out.

Also, loving the game so far, never EVER played a Mario game where I'm so focussed on coins...half way through World 2 and got 8000 coins haha (Did Coin Rush once as well), great stuff :)
In Tesco Entertainment it cost £29.97...

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
How is the 3D effect?
the 3DS videos and reviews I've read all said that the 3D effect is just about nonexistent.

I concur, it's like they didn't even try. Which is kind of sad...they could've used it really well, maybe for like hidden areas, so that depth perception is the only way to find them. Or a powerup that used the 3D in a more intuitive way, like turning the camera round paper mario style and letting Mario charge through mega mushroom-esque in almost a Sonic Colours like fashion.

The Gold Powerups and everything else 'Gold' related is really really fun. If you get a satisfying feeling from playing Sonic games and collecting a shit load of rings in a row and hearing that noise go 'ting-ting-ting' constantly, youll love it, i did!

Finished it just now btw :P Only took about 2 hours yesterday and 2 hours today, so very, very easy for a veteran (6-14 hours for a non-veteran or newbie I'd say, I know my gf who rarely touches games unless they're Mario or something would have real trouble with half the stages).

But now...it's time to aim for the 1 million mark! Which should be fun :D Oh and get all the star coins too :)

Reactions: 1 person

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
How is the 3D effect?

The Gold Powerups and everything else 'Gold' related is really really fun. If you get a satisfying feeling from playing Sonic games and collecting a shit load of rings in a row and hearing that noise go 'ting-ting-ting' constantly, youll love it, i did!

Finished it just now btw :P Only took about 2 hours yesterday and 2 hours today, so very, very easy for a veteran (6-14 hours for a non-veteran or newbie I'd say, I know my gf who rarely touches games unless they're Mario or something would have real trouble with half the stages).

But now...it's time to aim for the 1 million mark! Which should be fun :D Oh and get all the star coins too :)
Well, maybe I'll get this game after all. :P

loco365

Trophies
XP
Aaaaand it's available on the eShop now! 2727 blocks in size.

Get it while you can before the shop is overrun!

Fun fact: It's only 10 PM Saturday where I am and I have about 30% of it downloaded. It's pretty big, makes me glad I got an 8GB SD card.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Aaaaand it's available on the eShop now! 2727 blocks in size.

Get it while you can before the shop is overrun!

Fun fact: It's only 10 PM Saturday where I am and I have about 30% of it downloaded. It's pretty big, makes me glad I got an 8GB SD card.
It must be up everywhere, its only 11:21 where I am.

Downloadin' ^_^

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The game is about 330MB if I'm correct, which makes it wayyyyyy bigger than the original NSMB DS.

I ordered this game and will be collecting it tomorrow. I sure hope that $79 will be worth it.
But it's Mario.

loco365

Trophies
XP
This is quite sad. I am trying to buy the game and download it, but it isn't loading. Seems the shop is overrun. Not really surprising though.
Dang. Mine is downloading, but it's getting really slow.
The game is about 330MB if I'm correct, which makes it wayyyyyy bigger than the original NSMB DS.

I ordered this game and will be collecting it tomorrow. I sure hope that $79 will be worth it.
But it's Mario.
That's pretty big, but you paid $80? Yikes. I paid half that for an eShop version.

Reactions: 2 people

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Question for those who already have the game:
Is it longer than 3D Land and NSMB DS?
3D Land was quite short sadly, you could get a load of lives as well.
Not saying that a whole load of lives is bad but the DS version was pretty tough for me.

Let's face it: the reason why I dislike NSMB DS is that the levels are super tedious and very little lives.

But it's Mario.
That's pretty big, but you paid $80? Yikes. I paid half that for an eShop version.
Its a Japanese copy (Gold box), plus it was only launched for... 2 weeks?

S$80 is a bit on the expensive side for a Japanese game, that's why I hope this game is worth and doesn't make me go crazy like NSMB DS.

The Japanese eShop is selling it for ¥4,800 but I don't want a digital copy for such a game.
In case I go bonkers like what happened on NSMB DS, I can sell it straightaway.

Reactions: 1 person

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This is quite sad. I am trying to buy the game and download it, but it isn't loading. Seems the shop is overrun. Not really surprising though.
Dang. Mine is downloading, but it's getting really slow.
I finally got it to download as well. It is going super slow though.

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question for those who already have the game:
Is it longer than 3D Land and NSMB DS?
3D Land was quite short sadly, you could get a load of lives as well.
Not saying that a whole load of lives is bad but the DS version was pretty tough for me.

Let's face it: the reason why I dislike NSMB DS is that the levels are super tedious and very little lives.

But it's Mario.
Its a Japanese copy (Gold box), plus it was only launched for... 2 weeks?

S$80 is a bit on the expensive side for a Japanese game, that's why I hope this game is worth and doesn't make me go crazy like NSMB DS.
Every region has the gold box, why get the Japanese version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SenorED
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SenorED @ SenorED: jkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...