Hardware Homebrew Rehid fork w/ sliders - Save your 3ds from broken sliders!

GrieferPig

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TL;DR: download the zip file from here (search rehid_w_virtual_sliders on github) and unzip it to your sd card root. Make sure you have FIRM patching in Luma3ds settings. Use START+L/R to adjust volume, SELECT+L/R to adjust 3D. Does not work under DS (+ GBA?) mode.

You don't need rehidhelper for this, and do not use that to update rehid module, it will overwrite this module with the original one instead of this fork

I don't have newcomer rank to post links for now, will update the links whenever possible

Although Rehid is used for remapping buttons on 3DS, I figured it can also use as a macro to react to a key combo, and since Rehid rewrites hid module, which reads the 3d slider and partial volume slider, it's easy to add slider controls as virtual buttons

This fork added mapping support for both sliders. Add and modify this in your rehid json config file to fit your preference

JSON:
{
    "keys": [
        {
            "get": "VOLUP",
            "press": "START+R"
        },
        {
            "get": "VOLDN",
            "press": "START+L"
        },
        {
            "get": "3DUP",
            "press": "SELECT+R"
        },
        {
            "get": "3DDN",
            "press": "SELECT+L"
        }
    ]
}

Note that because I am lazy and these "virtual function keys" (VOLUP, VOLDN, etc. above) are only applicable to key-to-key mappings. That said, I don't see using circle pad and touch screen to adjust volume is really the best way to do that.

It's tested on new 3ds xl only, but it should work on any *ds.

I have almost zero knowledge on programming on a 3ds, so any feedback/issues are appreciated

monkima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! I'm a bit of a newbie to this stuff, how do I get this set up? I tried following your guide but I'm a bit lost. It's registering the start + right and left inputs but I think it can't recognize the virtual slider gets. I'm not sure how to fully get the fork setup. Would you be able to write a step by step guide?

GrieferPig

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
registering the start + right and left inputs
By "registering start + right/left inputs", do you mean that the combination can be detected in game, but does not change the volume? In that case, make sure you have "Enable loading external FIRMs and modules" turned on in Luma3ds's settings. (You can access the setting menu by holding Select with the power button while starting up.

Here's a step-by-step guide in case anyone needs it:
  1. Download the zip file from github (search rehid_w_virtual_sliders, go to release on the right and click on rehid_w_sliders_v1.zip)
  2. Open the zip file and drag the two folders (named luma and rehid) to your sd card root, where the root directory should already contain a luma folder. Overwrite if prompted.
  3. Insert your sd card back to 3ds and hold SELECT+Power Button until the top screen shows "Luma3ds Configuration". Use D-Pad to go to "Enable loading external FIRMs and modules" and press A to enable; if it is already enabled, leave as is
  4. Press START to restart and it should work now

monkima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

By "registering start + right/left inputs", do you mean that the combination can be detected in game, but does not change the volume? In that case, make sure you have "Enable loading external FIRMs and modules" turned on in Luma3ds's settings. (You can access the setting menu by holding Select with the power button while starting up.

Here's a step-by-step guide in case anyone needs it:
  1. Download the zip file from github (search rehid_w_virtual_sliders, go to release on the right and click on rehid_w_sliders_v1.zip)
  2. Open the zip file and drag the two folders (named luma and rehid) to your sd card root, where the root directory should already contain a luma folder. Overwrite if prompted.
  3. Insert your sd card back to 3ds and hold SELECT+Power Button until the top screen shows "Luma3ds Configuration". Use D-Pad to go to "Enable loading external FIRMs and modules" and press A to enable; if it is already enabled, leave as is
  4. Press START to restart and it should work now
awesome! thanks! I've been looking for a solution like this for the past few weeks! can't figure out what's wrong with my sliders so this is a perfect solution!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...