Gaming New Wii U Mario game confirmed for E3

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best leave the RPG titles to Intelligent Systems who have BETTERED SMRPG with Paper Mario & Mario & Luigi 1 & 3, besides this is more likely to be a platformer.
Actually Alphadream made the Mario & Luigi titles (which are damn good games, especially Superstar Saga). But yeah, we don't really need an RPG from Square Enix.
You're so very right. Its a shame Alphadream haven't done anything since M&L3. They have staff from when Squaresoft were really good.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesnt mean anything. I won't be excite until I see the screenshots at E3 first so I will pass this news, thought. However, thanks for the news anyway. :)

koji2009

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEW Mario RPG made by Square-Enix.
I would have been excited for this, 10 years ago.
I would have too, only tack on another 5 or so. By 2002 we already had Paper Mario, at that point I stopped caring... As blasphemous as this is going to sound from someone who grew up in the SNES age and loved final fantasy games are the original Mario RPG... Square's Mario RPG wasn't nearly as good as the Paper Mario games that came after.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario Brothers, with realistic graphics

20091021-super-mario-bros-movie.jpg

Fellow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEW Mario RPG made by Square-Enix.
I would have been excited for this, 10 years ago.
I would have too, only tack on another 5 or so. By 2002 we already had Paper Mario, at that point I stopped caring... As blasphemous as this is going to sound from someone who grew up in the SNES age and loved final fantasy games are the original Mario RPG... Square's Mario RPG wasn't nearly as good as the Paper Mario games that came after.
Yeah, but neither are really that comparable if you take out that their both Mario games.

koji2009

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated!

Confirmed the new mario title is based off the E3 demo from last year!
http://kotaku.com/59...and-mario-to-e3

Update: Nintendo has responded. "In a recent interview, Mr. Miyamoto confirmed that a new Super Mario Bros. game for the Wii U system will be shown at this year's E3 Expo. This is based on the Mario experience that was demonstrated at last year's E3 Expo. We'll have more to announce about our plans for the E3 Expo at a later date."

So we have a confirmation that this is a New Super Mario Bros game... but will it be the rumored Super Mario 4?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Perhaps I haven't watched all the nintendo footage from last year's E3, but all I remember from a "Mario experience" was that it's-not-NSMBW-game that was demonstrated in the wiiU video to showcase the ability to continue playing on your wiiu controller.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps I haven't watched all the nintendo footage from last year's E3, but all I remember from a "Mario experience" was that it's-not-NSMBW-game that was demonstrated in the wiiU video to showcase the ability to continue playing on your wiiu controller.

This, I haven't seen anything else. Nothing against NSMB, but I kind of got sick of it really quick, then add the wii edition and I think we have seen enough of that game.

I'd like something that goes back to the roots of Super Mario, and that is platforming fun! I still look back at SMW as being one of my favourite Mario games, especially seeing as there was a large number of secret levels to unlock and what-not.. Mario Sunshine was also interesting, bu I didn't get into the Galaxy Games or the DS releases. But whatever it is that is released, they will gobble it up on Japanese release, I assure you

koji2009

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The only mario game that Nintendo showed during last e3 was a demo showing a New Super Mario style level with Mario and 3 miis doing a level... So unless Nintendo was talking about their other non-existent-mario-experience from last e3, that's the one they meant.

koji2009

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has Miyamoto confirmed a new Super Mario Bros. game or another New Super Mario Bros game?

Miyamoto said a new Mario game (no mention of super or otherwise) to be shown at this E3, Nintendo responded people's inquiries saying it was related to the "Mario experience shown at last year's E3". As above, the only Mario demonstration they showed at E3 last year that I can remember (though anyone with links/picks with anything else, I'd be most appreciative for) was a New Super Mario Bros.

BornInBlack

GangnamTemp
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soggypizza.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Canada
Has Miyamoto conformed a new Super Mario Bros. game or another New Super Mario Bros game?

Miyamoto said a new Mario game (no mention of super or otherwise) to be shown at this E3, Nintendo responded people's inquiries saying it was related to the "Mario experience shown at last year's E3". As above, the only Mario demonstration they showed at E3 last year that I can remember (though anyone with links/picks with anything else, I'd be most appreciative for) was a New Super Mario Bros.
I don't remember any other Mario games and I just re watched Nintendos conference @ e3. I believe Reggie even stated that "in this conceptual stage, is being called new super Mario bros mii" which of kind of contradicted a previous statement that nothing of nintendos for Wii u was a game, but an 'experience'during that show.
I have mixed feelings on this, I loved the return to 2d in nsmb Wii (I remember how bad I wanted it upon seeing the first ad) but was disappointed in the lack of difficulty. Additions like thePenguin, propeller and 4 player aside, it seemed more like a re hash or party game. smw has always been Mario God tier for me.

koji2009

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't it a dead give away that a mario game would come to the Wii U?

A swing and a miss.

It's not that a new mario game for the Wii U is unexpected, it's that one announced before the system's launch is something that hasn't happened since the N64. This opens up the possibility of it being a launch title, again something that hasn't happened since the N64 and if it is could mean massive launch sales. Mario sells consoles like nobody's business. There were tons of talks of the 3DS being a commericial flop... then a mario game appears and suddenly sales of the system skyrocketed.

In other words, it's a good commericial indicator that Nintendo isn't going to pull any punches software wise like it did with the 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself)...