Gaming New Wii U Mario game confirmed for E3

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Let's cry a little bit more about Square Enix when they gave us games like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Third Birthday, Kingdom Hearts (series), The World Ends With You, Final Fantasy (series, and despite the lack of really substantial games in it recently one cannot forget about the amazing DS remakes, Crisis Core, Dissidia and of course Four Heroes of Light), Dragon Quest (series) and many, many more fantastic games throughout the last generation and they continue to work on amazing titles like Hitman: Absolution and KH: Drop Dream Distance.

Surely making a game about a plumber constantly saving a princess from the clutches of a cross between a lizard, a turtle and a dragon by means of eating various plants and fungi and jumping on the head of his enemies is completely beyond their abilities.

Reactions: 2 people

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll likely buy the Wii-U if it has Super Mario Galaxy 3.
Otherwise I probably won't rush to buy it.

I also think the new controller is weird - especially considering how great the current Wii controllers are. I already own a few tablets - so that is no bonus.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's cry a little bit more about Square Enix when they gave us games like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Third Birthday, Kingdom Hearts (series), The World Ends With You, Final Fantasy (series, and despite the lack of really substantial games in it recently one cannot forget about the amazing DS remakes, Crisis Core, Dissidia and of course Four Heroes of Light), Dragon Quest (series)
Personally for me I feel that Square Enix own output has been very sub-par, I've not enjoy a game they've done themselves since The World Ends With You which was out about three years ago and nothing on their future line up looks that good either. Everything they've done have just been poor imitations of once great franchises. For me they're the cause to why the JRPG has become so stale.

Also Eidos would have put out Deus Ex with or without SE, SE had hardly anything to do with the development of this game.

Reactions: 1 person

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Let's cry a little bit more about Square Enix when they gave us games like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Third Birthday, Kingdom Hearts (series), The World Ends With You, Final Fantasy (series, and despite the lack of really substantial games in it recently one cannot forget about the amazing DS remakes, Crisis Core, Dissidia and of course Four Heroes of Light), Dragon Quest (series)
Personally for me I feel that Square Enix own output has been very sub-par, I've not enjoy a game they've done themselves since The World Ends With You which was out about three years ago and nothing on their future line up looks that good either. Everything they've done have just been poor imitations of once great franchises. For me they're the cause to why the JRPG has become so stale.

Also Eidos would have put out Deus Ex with or without SE, SE had hardly anything to do with the development of this game.

You may not like Square recent titles, but none can deny that Square is the model of RPG games.
It always release great titles, and is always developing a new AA title.
Square will release KH:DDD and DQM:TW3 for 3DS
Square made all the titles that foxi4 said

You may say you don't like Square new titles, but all had good quality.

I don't like much RPG games, but for sure Square is the best when comes to this

Etkar.H

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Update: Nintendo has responded. "In a recent interview, Mr. Miyamoto confirmed that a new Super Mario Bros. game for the Wii U system will be shown at this year's E3 Expo. This is based on the Mario experience that was demonstrated at last year's E3 Expo. We'll have more to announce about our plans for the E3 Expo at a later date."
I see:
abgcsy.gif

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country

Dream Drop Distance and possibly Kingdom harts 3 say 'Hi'.
Edit: Ninja'd

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You may not like Square recent titles, but none can deny that Square is the model of RPG games.
It always release great titles, and is always developing a new AA title.
Square will release KH:DDD and DQM:TW3 for 3DS
Square made all the titles that foxi4 said

You may say you don't like Square new titles, but all had good quality.

I don't like much RPG games, but for sure Square is the best when comes to this
I disagree, I think that Monolith is much better in that field. It's taught gamers and game developers in the West that RPGs don't have to be about whiny blonde teenagers who are super special and save the world, and it taught the East how interesting and compelling an RPG taking place in an Open-World and treating the player like they are mature and intelligent.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I disagree, I think that Monolith is much better in that field. It's taught gamers and game developers in the West that RPGs don't have to be about whiny blonde teenagers who are super special and save the world, and it taught the East how interesting and compelling an RPG taking place in an Open-World and treating the player like they are mature and intelligent.

You may prefer Monolith, nothing wrong about it, but not give discredit to Square Enix :D

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You may prefer Monolith, nothing wrong about it, but not give discredit to Square Enix :D
Actually, I never said which one I liked more, that had nothing to do with my post.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Actually, I never said which one I liked more, that had nothing to do with my post.

For me it looked pretty obvious that you prefer Monolith, if you think monolith is better in RPG field than Square Enix, it looks a lot like that, since SE genres are mostly RPGs.
But if that's not what you said, then tell me, what did you say?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For me it looked pretty obvious that you prefer Monolith, if you think monolith is better in RPG field than Square Enix, it looks a lot like that, since SE genres are mostly RPGs.
But if that's not what you said, then tell me, what did you say?
That was a critical point of view; I said that Monolith is better at making revolutionary and innovative RPGs than the legendary Square. It's, of course, opinion, but I think it's accurate.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
That was a critical point of view; I said that Monolith is better at making revolutionary and innovative RPGs than the legendary Square. It's, of course, opinion, but I think it's accurate.
Funny thing about criticisms, point of views, and opinions... generally, they can't be "accurate", because they're just that... opinions. :P

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny thing about criticisms, point of views, and opinions... generally, they can't be "accurate", because they're just that... opinions. :P
That would be why I said "I think it's accurate." I tried to make the subjectivity of my post known.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Square Enix also hasn't made a "revolutionary" RPG in years.
Honestly, the only Square RPG I've genuinely liked and have been able to stick with to the end was Chrono Trigger (easily my favorite RPG ever)... Seriously, I didn't even like Chrono Cross. Einhander was awesome, too (I know that wasn't an RPG, but still).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, the only Square RPG I've genuinely liked and have been able to stick with to the end was Chrono Trigger (easily my favorite RPG ever)... Seriously, I didn't even like Chrono Cross. Einhander was awesome, too (I know that wasn't an RPG, but still).

Chrono Cross was fucking awesome but it wasn't really revolutionary, just a really solid RPG.

Also I don't see why people are saying Xenoblade is "so revolutionary" and does all this open world stuff you wouldn't expect of JRPGs when we've had like... Demons Souls and Dark Souls around. Which are pretty open world. And blend both western and Japanese gameplay philosophy into a RPG.

Xenoblade is just... Xenoblade. I played an hour and was bored to tears. It didn't seem nearly as revolutionary, open, or good story wise as western RPGs I've played.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Chrono Cross was fucking awesome but it wasn't really revolutionary, just a really solid RPG.

Also I don't see why people are saying Xenoblade is "so revolutionary" and does all this open world stuff you wouldn't expect of JRPGs when we've had like... Demons Souls and Dark Souls around. Which are pretty open world. And blend both western and Japanese gameplay philosophy into a RPG.

Xenoblade is just... Xenoblade. I played an hour and was bored to tears. It didn't seem nearly as revolutionary, open, or good story wise as western RPGs I've played.
I found it to be one of the greatest RPGs in existence for the above reasons, as well as because it blends various Western RPG inspired elements without going overboard. Not too mention the music is amazing (definitely some of the best there is), the dub is well done (and if one doesn't like it, they can just play the Japanese track), the character's are relate-able, the mechanics are just plain great, the environments are gorgeous- though it only gets better as one progresses. Depending on what you did during that hour...well, the story gets pretty mature pretty quick at one point. But still, it's not for everyone, as is any game, and I won't try to persuade you into liking the game, because that would be inconsiderate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that