Noob question, how I move the pkgi file from the usb stick to my hacked PS3 to install it?

raxadian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is there any way to move the pkgi file from the usb stick to my hacked PS3 to install it? And to move the text files I need for it too?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's just a PKG file, isn't it? Install it from the XMB.

The text file.. do you mean the rap license? Move the file to exdata folder.

Reactions: xoINARIox

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PKGi is just a download tool for the PS3........simply put it just downloads the .pkg file and the required .rap (if it exists) for a game onto your console
That explains it.

I've never used that as I prefer to download it manually and organized it beforehand.

Reactions: HalfScoper

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Got intructions on how to use the file manager? Also I need to resize the screen size since I am using a CRT TV.
FTP(Webman Mod):
1. Press Start+Select while in XMB to see your IP address
2. Start an FTP client on your PC (Filezilla etc.) and enter your ip address
3. Navigate to dev_hdd0/game/NP00PKGI3/USRDIR and drag the .txt file from the pc into the USRDIR folder

File Manager (Multiman):

Multiman's file manager will allow you directly move files around on your PS3. To quickly access or exit it, hold Select, then press Start.

Controls​

• Left Analog Stick: Move cursor (can swap left and right stick actions in settings)
  • Right Analog Stick: Move current window
  • Cross: Select or deselect file/folder
  • Circle: Open options of file/folder
  • Start+Select: Go back to Multiman's main menu
  • Start+R2: Take a screenshot (saved to root of USB device, or root of /dev_hdd0/)
  • Select+R1: Go back to Multiman's game menu
  • Select+L1: Refresh all devices content

Adjust PS3 Screen:
When you start your PS3, hold the button until it beeps a second time. This will force it to re-choose an output ratio, based on which output device you are using (AV/HDMI).
If the edges are still cut off, head into Settings->Video settings and try adjusting some of the settings manually (screen resolutions etc)

Adjust TV Screen:
If the PS3 settings don't work, try and find a menu on your TV to adjust the picture output. Try to set the output to "Screen Fit" or "Best Fit" or "Auto Adjust" etc (instead of manual).
If Auto doesn't work you'll have to manually adjust the overscan properties to shrink/stretch the image into place - but try to avoid this if possible - 9 times out of 10 you won't need to do this.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Been outta the scene for a while but this much I remember, you'd need to hold the on/off button indeed, I remember that to rescale whenever my HDMI cable spazzed out.

raxadian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Been outta the scene for a while but this much I remember, you'd need to hold the on/off button indeed, I remember that to rescale whenever my HDMI cable spazzed out.

Well gonna give it a try.

Still don't know how the heck to copy files from the usb stick to the Hd.

Edit: Is no use, but at least it helped with some games if not with Multiman.

Last edited by raxadian,

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well gonna give it a try.

Still don't know how the heck to copy files from the usb stick to the Hd.

Edit: Is no use, but at least it helped with some games if not with Multiman.
It's really easy:teach:

1. insert your usb stick (FAT32) into your console
2. Start Multiman (use the instructions I posted earlier to use the filemanager)
3.Select ps3 root and in the window that now opens you select dev_usb (this is your usb stick)
4.Browse to the location of your pkgi.txt file
5. Press X while the cursor is on the file to highlight it and then O to open a context menu -> now select copy
6. Go back to the root directory and go to dev_hdd0/game/NP00PKGI3/USRDIR
7.once you are in the folder, press the O key again and select paste

If you did everything right, PKGi should now work

Reactions: raxadian

raxadian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Okay I was able to do everything save the fact I can't play any downloaded games without login on my ps account.

But I can't load on my ps account without updating but if I update my ps3 that removes the hack.

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay I was able to do everything save the fact I can't play any downloaded games without login on my ps account.

But I can't load on my ps account without updating but if I update my ps3 that removes the hack.
Are you using HEN or CFW? (What FW are you using)
Have you activated your PS3?
If not you can use the Apollo Save Tool to create a fake account:

https://github.com/bucanero/apollo-ps3/releases/tag/v1.7.0

Reactions: raxadian

raxadian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I ended solving things using Apollo Save Tool and psnpatch thankfully.

Basically you use a Apollo Save Tool to acrivate an account offline and then use psnpatch to validate the games.

Edit: And yes I had a valid account but I didn't feel like using a proxy.

Last edited by raxadian,

raxadian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
And now I can't get DLC to work with disc games. I don't want to download the entire game just for DLC to work my Internet speed is really slow -_-

Last edited by raxadian,

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And now I can't get DLC to work with disc games. I don't want to download the entire game just for DLC to work my Internet speed is really slow -_-
Did you make sure that your DLC also match the GAMEID of the Disc games? If I remember correctly, in many games the GAMEID differs between Disc and Download Version.

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How I do that? Is there a way to change the ID?
If i remember correctly Webman Mod should show the ID under My Games in the XMB by default (there is an Option in the Settings).
And no you can't just change it either you look for DLC content that matches the id of the Disc Game or get an Disc Dump that matches your DLC.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

raxadian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, 1 downloaded the USA DLC of Sonic Generations and the game disc box does say "Sega of America" so it looks like I will have to download the entire game for the DLC to work, a shame.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/_pJZQEANQU4?si=3i2w--qD8HBaLqy5 +1