ROM Hack Discussion Octopath Traveler Save Editing

Drban789

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the exact same situation as you. I want max money but i don't wanna risk being banned... what did you do in the end?

Maybe if we made a backup of an original save file. Then edited a save file get all our stats (offline)

Then remove the save file and replace it with the original when we go online.

Could help prevent any anomalies

Pittek

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think all of the stuff even before before being able to edit a save file will get you banned sooner or later if you use it on a single Switch for both OFW and CFW and online ;) Face it.

I bought a second one just for fooling around because it was crystal clear that bans will happen.
If you are in a situation just to own one console you have to decide: stay clean or get banned one day.

Never editing a savegame will not avoid this when you use your Switch with homebrew, SX OS or Layerd FS.

sorry

SleepyPrince

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
i had to edit the script a few days ago cause the exp was like 50000 max , i set it to 9999999
The latest version now has a much higher max value. Trying downloading it again if necessary

@AnalogMan, btw I think I understand why the values added by the nuts doesn't match in-game value.
They are multiplied by some sort of job stats modifier, which is not equal to the secondary job stat bonuses therefore some values became less than what you added.
And here are the values added by the items (in normal/medium/large)
HP: 75 / 150 / 300
SP: 3 / 6 / 12
Others: 7 / 14 / 28

Last edited by SleepyPrince,

SleepyPrince

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Figured out more about items not showing in inventory
They should be things like "Discount at inn", "Thieving tips and tricks", etc that you can get in town.
Got that by doing a save compare.

However I can't seem to find the unlocking of jobs (tried comparing just before and after getting the sorcerer), weird...

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Supreme23

slickochet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I used the save editor through EdiZon and it worked great. I used it to increase my level and cash and all worked fine. Until I realised that my EXP in game was no longer accumulating. After each fight the EXP bar would be empty again.
Am I doing something wrong here? Any way to fix it and get EXP counting up in the normal way again?

I also tried editing EXP afterwards and that also made no difference.

Last edited by slickochet,

ctrlaltdelete

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Therion was the first person I picked and now he's locked to my party until I beat chapter 4. Does anyone know how I can edit away the lock preventing me from switching him out? Or is there a way to edit which ones are on my active party and which ones are benched?

First_Blueberry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you get EdiZon to run?! I have followed the instructions in the OP but there is nothing there in hbmenu. Is it hidden? My other homebrew apps show but there is nothing for EdiZon. How can you run EdiZon?! Please help bros! TIA!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...