OoT 3DS to have new content

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im gonna guess its something like mario 64 ds added to super mario 64. maybe some new stuff, but core gameplay and mission stays the same. usually nintendo doesn't screw this up, so im optimistic about this one though i probably won't be buying a 3ds for a while, i'll wait for the guinea pigs to test it first.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fear Zoa said:
KingVamp said:
Fear Zoa said:
can they add the arwing from starfox....it was in the original just never implemented
Why would they do that, why was that even there?
laugh.gif
Nobody knows
wtf.gif

But thats why I want them to do it....I want to know what the heck the planned on doing with it!
It could be nothing and them just messing around.
rofl.gif

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd love it if instead of temples just remade, it's all new temples. And add some extra difficulty to the Fire Temple, Water Temple, Dodongo's Cavern. I loooove love love love love the Water Temple.

Or maybe there will be a dungeon unlocked after you beat the game, sorta like Dragvonian Trials in DQVIII. Or maybe there's an alternate ending, newer scenes...

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
definitely seems like a new area and maybe some sidequests involving new people. The sidequest would hence involve the master quest.
Like the port for FF6 on the gba, there was nothing needed to be added as some people still may not had played the game but they did it for the already played customers (2 dungeons and some espers) and it was interesting and depthy
Here also, nothing more is needed for someone like me but if they do add it, it will attract more people

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
DSGamer64 said:
Rydian said:
It's not just there, it's functional.

-snip-

EDIT: Lots of info on cut content here.
http://tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_Time
Yeah cause Link can use the Master Sword as a child amirite?

Yeah, let's totally miss the point of the post.

The Arwing is there, I can testify that. You can actor hack a location to make it appear.

As for the recycling of the Arwing:

What about a crossover quest activated via game log? I mean, they obviously know fans already know about the Arwing...and they are also releasing a remake of Starfox 64...if the log has data for both games...just saying. It'd be a nice marketing technique. Makes you get both games and makes use of a 3DS feature(and you know big N loves using their features) Don't think it's gonna happen though. But it'd be cool.

Edit: @Discostew DON'T YOU DARE NINJA ME WHILE I'M POSTING AGAIN

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
WiiBricker said:
Finally there's hope for the Light Temple that was missing in all previous OoT ports.
But that totally botches the story and cuts out the whole part about Link being locked in the Sacred Realm for 7 years after he draws out the Master Sword. No one would be capable of telling him what to do unless you add in a new character to represent the actual temple itself.
Give it to Sheik, then. Just imagine, finally getting to play as Sheik for once; and after the temple is cleared...

SPOILER

Zelda finally awakens as the Sage of Time, has a talk with Rauru, becomes knowledgeable of her new mission with Link, and finally finds out that she's the possessor of the Triforce of Wisdom!

Spoiler end.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
MushGuy said:
Give it to Sheik, then. Just imagine, finally getting to play as Sheik for once; and after the temple is cleared...

SPOILER (there should be a 'spoiler' option)

Zelda finally awakens as the Sage of Time, has a talk with Rauru, becomes knowledgeable of her new mission with Link, and finally finds out that she's the possessor of the Triforce of Wisdom!

Spoiler end.

There is...

["spoiler"] [/"spoiler"]

Without the quotes

However, I don't want the story to be changed. And Nintendo definetly will keep the game as unmodified as possible. A change in the story is a definite no.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
MushGuy said:

SPOILER (there should be a 'spoiler' option)

There is...

["spoiler"] [/"spoiler"]

Without the quotes

However, I don't want the story to be changed. And Nintendo definetly will keep the game as unmodified as possible. A change in the story is a definite no.
Thank you. As for the story, there were some parts in the story that didn't make sense, like Zelda's role after revealing herself to Link. This is the one part that I'm hoping the developers to fix for this remake.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
“…the Nintendo 3DS version of Ocarina of Time is crammed with interesting things that weren’t in the Nintendo 64 version, but we’ll wait to talk about those the release.”

wow, this can mean anything like 3d and gyroscope usage. and maybe more motion controls. or even blow into the microphone to turn off torch xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3