PS1/2 PS2 FREEMCBOOT Freezes Bios

XeSanti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Good night people, some days ago i bought a cheap ps2 slim for use with usb, the motor dont spin anyway, i got a other ps2, its a fat model with freemcboot and opl and works good, i put the memory card with freemcboot of the fat console and the slim didnt recognize freemcboot but the memory appears on the memory card menu, if i press the r1 button with the memory card the console load ulaunch and with that i can load opl and every elf but, so i got a empty sony 8mb memory card and i downloaded the latest freemcboot installer in elf, it was installed on the memory card successfully when i restart the ps2 now have the freemcboot logo but when it goes to main browser the console freezes if i remove the memory card the browser loads, the image gets stuck but the ambience music still on, the console is a scph 77001 ntsc and has a chip toxic but i think its a fake copy
because it does not let me save settings
I leave this photos 61980331_2085899641710452_5540303478770892800_n.jpg61767127_330822744277748_506822543408103424_n.jpg61986611_2075396389430871_8761103048928919552_n.jpg 61858773_2347561102159957_9040097316953915392_n.jpg
as you can see, if the console boots to browser freezes but if i press r1 loads ulaunch and then i can load opl to lau nch games but i wanna get to the freemcboot options in browser but it freezes, any comment is welcome and thanks for watching pd: sorry for my bad english:):D:yayps3:

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Extremely likely to be a conflict with the chip (which also tries to modify the osd/browser in rom as it is loaded), you may want to see if the problem disappears by just removing power to the chip (and if that's the case, maybe put a switch in series)

Reactions: XeSanti and Foxi4

XeSanti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hello,If i press l1 ps2 boots opl, so i can play from there, i think im gonna stay like this

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So if I remove the chip, can the console work with fcmb? if I press l1 to turn on the ps2 load the opl directly and play without problems but hey, I'll be playing with the fat and this slim I'll keep it for other things, I think I'll see if I can get a disk motor since the one of this does not do anything, I think the lens does work

Reactions: Alexander1970

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Hello,If i press l1 ps2 boots opl, so i can play from there, i think im gonna stay like this

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So if I remove the chip, can the console work with fcmb? if I press l1 to turn on the ps2 load the opl directly and play without problems but hey, I'll be playing with the fat and this slim I'll keep it for other things, I think I'll see if I can get a disk motor since the one of this does not do anything, I think the lens does work
the fat is the superior choice, you just get yourself a network adapter and an hdd and you'll be good until your controllers disintegrate from playing.

if you remove the chip you'll be able to use fmcb without interference, but if you decide to fix the cdvd unit you wont be able to play disc backups. but if you are able to boot opl without the aid of fmcb then you are good, fmcb is only a mean to run homebrew, so it doesn't really matter if you can't use it as long as you still have a mean to boot the homebrew you want (opl in this case).
I myself have a fat ps2 with internal hdd, an original matrix chip installed and no fmcb or free hdboot, just the modified browser 2.0 and everything works great.

XeSanti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
In my country the HDD adapters are difficult and expensive to get, I have like 4 usb with different games, I have almost all the games I want and also ps1 games if I put the memory card load everything but not the menu, I'll see if I get a spin motor and see if it works, in that ps2 the lens moves but the disc does not move I tried with the sensors and that and nothing, I'm very sure it's the engine, well, see you

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For single-system, FMCB will likely only work on that specific model from which it was installed. Memory cards with a multi-system FMCB installation will work on all FMCB-compatible models.

If you install FMCB on a different PS2, single-system FMCB will not work on other PS2 models.

Last edited by zfreeman,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.