Ps5's Latest Firmware 6.50 Webkit Vulnerability

HellGhast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
According to Wololo and psxhax a new webkit vulnerability exists on Ps5 firmwares 1.00 to the latest 6.50 !!
Ps4 is also affected from 8.00 to 10.01.

Amazing news in my opinion and I am still hoping for a public HyperVisor exploit leading to full jailbreak on Ps5. Apparently Sleirsgoevy is looking into this, fingers crossed. A great start to 2023 for the PlayStation scene.

The articles are linked below:

https://www.psxhax.com/threads/ps5-...00-10-01-firmware-webkit-vulnerability.14976/

https://wololo.net/2023/01/15/ps5-p...firmwares-8-00-to-10-01-and-ps5-1-00-to-6-50/

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there is a public exploit for the latest firmware on either system, I look forward to all the whiny kids threatening to sue Sony after being banned, because they wouldn't let them pirate, play online, and sync trophies.

HellGhast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
If there is a public exploit for the latest firmware on either system, I look forward to all the whiny kids threatening to sue Sony after being banned, because they wouldn't let them pirate, play online, and sync trophies.
Kinda like the good 'ol days of the Ps3 era...but sadly this is only a Webkit vulnerability on the current firmwares, no Kernel exploit and no hypervisor exploit for the Ps5.

Sleirsgoevy apparently is on this hopefully something comes from this.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda like the good 'ol days of the Ps3 era...but sadly this is only a Webkit vulnerability on the current firmwares, no Kernel exploit and no hypervisor exploit for the Ps5.

Well, as a legit user, I think such people should be banned.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope that ps5 will be never broken :D
it will be. the nice thing about the ps5, at least for hackers and pirates, is that sony knows it will be hacked, they just want to mitigate the damages by offering money to not release an exploit for the latest firmware. I think they might sue if something like that were to happen, at least based on their nda on hackerone. with the series x, microsoft doesn't want any hacking whatsoever, so certain homebrews from retail within a day, and they force you to update when going through initial setup.

Jstsxlittt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I hope that ps5 will be never broken :D
That didnt age well
Post automatically merged:

A bit late to this thread but how come there is no mention of this webkit anywhere exept a wololo news page from a long time a ago is it a private exploit?

Last edited by Jstsxlittt,
  • Haha
Reactions: solitaire4eva

HellGhast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
A bit late to this thread but how come there is no mention of this webkit anywhere exept a wololo news page from a long time a ago is it a private exploit?
Unfortunately this webkit exploit like all known Ps5 exploits does Not do much coz of the damned Ps5 HyperVisor.

Anyway the Ps5 browser has a webkit vulnerability at firmware 6.50 but until HV is cracked it won't be useful for us, but hopefully some Ps5 hackers can put the vulnerability to use in future.

HellGhast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
https://wololo.net/2023/07/29/latest-updates-on-flat_zs-ps5-exploit/

Here Flat_Z reiterates he won't be releasing any proprietary info belonging to $ony, but he'll try to do a write-up aiming at implementing FPkg's and HEN for Ps5.

A full disclosure to the scene would have been ideal but I think he wants to stay on $ony's good side and collect a bounty, well earned for sure...but f*ck hacker0ne.

Lets hope for the best coz so far I think this is the closest to a full Ps5 JB.

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://wololo.net/2023/07/29/latest-updates-on-flat_zs-ps5-exploit/

Here Flat_Z reiterates he won't be releasing any proprietary info belonging to $ony, but he'll try to do a write-up aiming at implementing FPkg's and HEN for Ps5.

A full disclosure to the scene would have been ideal but I think he wants to stay on $ony's good side and collect a bounty, well earned for sure...but f*ck hacker0ne.

Lets hope for the best coz so far I think this is the closest to a full Ps5 JB.
Is hackerone a bad thing though, it allows individual to stay on Sonys good side while getting rewarded financially, sometimes rather well, while I understand the desire for full device access, I think we are all better off with people avoiding being the next Gary Bowser.

HellGhast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Is hackerone a bad thing though, it allows individual to stay on Sonys good side while getting rewarded financially, sometimes rather well, while I understand the desire for full device access, I think we are all better off with people avoiding being the next Gary Bowser.

Hacker0ne is awesome in my opinion for rewarding these talented people for their fine work...infact I said "well earned" reward...

...collect a bounty, well earned for sure...but f*ck hacker0ne...
...I like seeing people being rewarded for their achievements, but there's a selfish part of my psyche whispering into my ear saying "without hacker0ne a full Ps5 JB would have appeared as early as Dec 2021"

Overall its cool that the likes of CTurt and the Fl0w have collected a combined $100,000 since 2021.

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rewarded sure beats jail time. While I also would enjoy full access to the OS, it’s interesting to see how things have shifted.

zetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Don't need no piracy there - i just want a comfortable means to backup my savedata via USB (like on PS3+4!)
rather than throwing money@Sony for their fucking stupid online services.
It was a major dick move to exclude this possibility for PS5 games.
If only they got this back in...

Yes, you can copy PS4 saves to the PS5. Yes, you can make a full system data backup.
No, this is not an effective way to save your saves from digital oblivion.

Reactions: G33ksquad

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't need no piracy there - i just want a comfortable means to backup my savedata via USB (like on PS3+4!)
rather than throwing money@Sony for their fucking stupid online services.
It was a major dick move to exclude this possibility for PS5 games.
If only they got this back in...

Yes, you can copy PS4 saves to the PS5. Yes, you can make a full system data backup.
No, this is not an effective way to save your saves from digital oblivion.
Even with their backup service I’ve had issues, miss the good old memory cards haha.

Reactions: zetsu

HellGhast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Last edited by HellGhast,
Reactions: almmiron

HellGhast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Speechless really, $ony pay The Fl0w tens of thousands of dollars in bounty but fail to patch the vulnerability!

https://wololo.net/2023/09/12/thefl...loit-still-works-on-ps5-latest-firmware-7-61/

Not that am complaining coz this is good news, but seems $ony's only agenda with Hacker0ne bug bounty is Not to find and patch bugs but rather to stop public exploits by enticing hackers to disclose to $ony for a bounty instead of releasing exploits to the scene.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Why do that when they make bogus accounts