Gaming PSP 2000, accidentially updated normally.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Buddy of mine who hasen't touched his PSP in a while except to play Crisis Core came on over for me to put a few games on his system. I noticed after putting the games on the memory stick, they're not showing up on the Game list. Wondered why. Tried putting more games on, still nothing. He tells me he was just playing Crisis Core not too long ago. Then I found out it was a legit copy of Crisis Core, so he updated his firmware and overwrote the custom firmware.

That was back when we all had seperate PSPs so we could do that Pandora Battery thing relatively easily. Now we're in a time period where we cannot. I don't have my PSP anymore, none of my friends nearby have one, so it's just him. Is he out of luck, still needing the Pandora or is there any possible unlikely way to undo this?

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
if the psp has over 5.03
Pandora is needed

if you can get the psp on 5.03

you can use chickHen
and
then
run xgen installer for 5.50 gen-d3
or
Hellcat's recovery flash 1.60 for 5.00 m33-6

BUT
if you have a newer 2000s that has a Ta088v3 and the psp is over 5.03, it cant be hacked

if you have a newer 2000s that has a Ta088v3 and the psp is under 5.03, update it to 5.03, and use a
5.03 gen-c

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Using Crisis Core, his PSP's at 4.05
But this is a much older PSP. Both mine and his were at like 2.7 or something. Dissidia in Japanese was the last game he played on it lol.

This is an old PSP, 100% certain. Looking at this page I found about ChickHen, it mentions a specific type of motherboard. Can I use an older motherboard safely with this thing or no?

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Gaisuto said:
Using Crisis Core, his PSP's at 4.05
But this is a much older PSP. Both mine and his were at like 2.7 or something. Dissidia in Japanese was the last game he played on it lol.

This is an old PSP, 100% certain. Looking at this page I found about ChickHen, it mentions a specific type of motherboard. Can I use an older motherboard safely with this thing or no?

ChickHen is designed to boot in custom mode to run or flash CFW. You'll find info for specific motherboards because is the only way to run CFW in them, for older motherboards, it allows to run a CFW installer.

fallinroxas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Pat! lol. Well you could make a pandora battery out of your battery and use it on his. Then revert it back to a normal battery. Need more info how to do this PM me.

Oh and to answer your question. Yes Chickhen works for all psps besides PSP GO.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Here, just use this. I made it, and it'll explain to you everything you'll need to do.

NOTE: If the PSP had custom firmware before (M33?), then it is CHA, and you should get the CHA installer pack relevant to the set of instructions mentioned on the page.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well turns out he forgot his charger so he'll have to do this tomorrow anyway, but thanks for the link Skyline. Though I want to be certain of what I'm working with.

I'm not 100% certain of which motherboard it is. I haven't been able to find a reliable method to check. It's been too long since we've both needed to know this information, so all the shit we'd need like the box and such aren't around anymore. All we have to go off of is that it's a slim and it's an ugly looking silver color. He got it around Christmas time in '08, we clearly remember Dissidia being one if not the first game we played on his PSP at the time.

The Daxter bundle. Anyone recall anything specific about the Daxter bundle?

*Edit: Also Roxas, I mentioned this above. I don't have my PSP anymore, it's in the pawn shop and I can't afford to get it back out. Using mine to make a Pandora was how we did it in the first place.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Old 360, Wii, DS, PSP are all in the same pawn shop, and at this rate I'm never getting any of them out. I've been living off a friend's DS and emulators all this time.

Alrightie then, if the Daxter PSP is good then we'll use this installer Skyline linked tomorrow. Thanks for the quick and helpful as always responses.
smile.gif
Bunch of games we missed out on. And we wanna be ready when/if KH ever gets cracked. (Main reason we're doing this lol)

fallinroxas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Birth By Sleep is the reason I bought my PSP. I bought the Asian version. Worth every cent and the 3+ years of waiting lol.

Best Kingdom Hearts by far.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gaisuto said:
Well turns out he forgot his charger so he'll have to do this tomorrow anyway, but thanks for the link Skyline. Though I want to be certain of what I'm working with.

I'm not 100% certain of which motherboard it is. I haven't been able to find a reliable method to check. It's been too long since we've both needed to know this information, so all the shit we'd need like the box and such aren't around anymore. All we have to go off of is that it's a slim and it's an ugly looking silver color. He got it around Christmas time in '08, we clearly remember Dissidia being one if not the first game we played on his PSP at the time.

The Daxter bundle. Anyone recall anything specific about the Daxter bundle?

*Edit: Also Roxas, I mentioned this above. I don't have my PSP anymore, it's in the pawn shop and I can't afford to get it back out. Using mine to make a Pandora was how we did it in the first place.
Daxter bundle... If he had a custom firmware on there before (M33 or 5.50 GEN series), he's safe since he has a CHA PSP. If he had to use ChickHEN before to run CFWE or 5.03 GEN series CFW, then he's screwed if he updated beyond 5.03. However, if you guys put CFW on his PSP before by means of a Pandora, then he's good to go. Just re-Pandora or use my method for a CHA PSP and you'll be fine.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The PSP's currently at 4.05. Apparently I have to update to 5.03 or else this ChickHen thing won't work, so we're doing that tomorrow when we actually remember the charger this time.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gaisuto said:
The PSP's currently at 4.05. Apparently I have to update to 5.03 or else this ChickHen thing won't work, so we're doing that tomorrow when we actually remember the charger this time.
No worries. If you updated to 4.05, I'm willing to bet money that it's CHA. Just get my CHA Full installer and follow the instructions. If you install 5.00 M33 and the GEN-D installer says Corrupted Data, read the comment on the bottom of my post. Oh, and make sure you read the instructions that are included with the installer. Read before you click next each time.
tongue.gif

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
ComplicatioN said:
fallinroxas said:
Birth By Sleep is the reason I bought my PSP. I bought the Asian version. Worth every cent and the 3+ years of waiting lol.

Best Kingdom Hearts by far.
i did exactly the same
tongue.gif

except i bought an english one

heh me too got mine off ebay yay bbs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    mthrnite @ mthrnite: we need more smart cats tho for reals