Homebrew [Release] Bread Box (C64 Emulator)

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Anyone knows if there are any 'native' music trackers on the C64? That would be awesome to try on this emulator!
Ninja Tracker and Goat Tracker exist, but I don't know how good or user-friendly there are as I've never used them.

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm currently delaying a .cia version until sound works better. That way people don't have to mess around with uninstalling the broken versions.
Have you considered ninjhax?

Cools, if it's coming, I can wait.

Yeah I do run Tubehax but on my emuNAND, so I've gotta try 3 times to get it up and running :\
Anyhows, I usually just install .cias over the top of the old versions, don't need to uninstall them.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Here is the latest source and build. I'm going to give up on the audio issue for a while, anyone else is free to have a look.
In this build, holding 'L' will dump the current audio output to /c64/audio.raw for the duration that the button is held, while temporarily setting the fps to 0.5 per second. You can then play this back in most audio software at 44100,16bit,mono.

Anyone who wants to mess with the code, the important files for audio are SID.cpp and SID_3ds.i

I hope one of you can figure it out.

Attachments

• BreadBox1.55.zip
    583.8 KB · Views: 190

Da_GPer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the latest source and build. I'm going to give up on the audio issue for a while, anyone else is free to have a look.
In this build, holding 'L' will dump the current audio output to /c64/audio.raw for the duration that the button is held, while temporarily setting the fps to 0.5 per second. You can then play this back in most audio software at 44100,16bit,mono.

Anyone who wants to mess with the code, the important files for audio are SID.cpp and SID_3ds.i

I hope one of you can figure it out.

I had a few problems. When I started the emulator, a loud hum is played and wont stop. Also, I cant load a D64 file. When I press A on the file select menu, nothing happens other then the menu disappears. If I type in LOAD "$",8 or LOAD "*",8,1 it gives me an error saying ?DEVICE NOT PRESENT ERROR.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I had a few problems. When I started the emulator, a loud hum is played and wont stop. Also, I cant load a D64 file. When I press A on the file select menu, nothing happens other then the menu disappears. If I type in LOAD "$",8 or LOAD "*",8,1 it gives me an error saying ?DEVICE NOT PRESENT ERROR.
Hold 'r' and use the spad up to the line containing the file name you want to load and hit 'a' while still holding 'r'.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
That didnt do anything other then clear the screen.
Try a differen game, also make sure to select a file that has 'prg' at the end, usually with a larg number at the start of the line.

Also, see if this file fixes the buzzing.

Attachments

• BreadBoxLatest.zip
    583.8 KB · Views: 259
Reactions: SLiV3R

Da_GPer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try a differen game, also make sure to select a file that has 'prg' at the end, usually with a larg number at the start of the line.

Also, see if this file fixes the buzzing.

The buzzing is gone, but I still have the other problem. Im assuming that your not understanding whats wrong, so Ill explain it better. When I load the emulator and the blue C64 screen shows up, I click on the drive pic and press A on a game. The menu disappears but the game does not auto load. If I type in LOAD "$",8 it gives me the error. If I type in LOAD "*",8,1 it gives me the error. If I do what you said and hold R and press A, it writes something real fast on the screen, then clears the screen but does not do anything else.

rygar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The buzzing is gone, but I still have the other problem. Im assuming that your not understanding whats wrong, so Ill explain it better. When I load the emulator and the blue C64 screen shows up, I click on the drive pic and press A on a game. The menu disappears but the game does not auto load. If I type in LOAD "$",8 it gives me the error. If I type in LOAD "*",8,1 it gives me the error. If I do what you said and hold R and press A, it writes something real fast on the screen, then clears the screen but does not do anything else.
You have to hold R while pressing up on the Dpad to select game you want with Commodore cursor. Many disk images have multiple games.

Then hold R and press A to auto load the selected game.

Da_GPer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please understand, the disk files are not even being read when choosing it on the game select menu. I wish I could show pics to show you all what Im saying.

rygar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please understand, the disk files are not even being read when choosing it on the game select menu. I wish I could show pics to show you all what Im saying.
Remove all non dsk files from folder. I had crashing issues before I removed other files types, e.g. cartridge format.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Remove all non dsk files from folder. I had crashing issues before I removed other files types, e.g. cartridge format.

Are you 100% sure you are using c64 .d64/.t64 files? have you tried different ones?
Some games simple wont work with this emulator, there's nothing I can do about that at all. However, I have been continually testing with a handful of random games at it has been working every time.

JohnnyCanada

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's the secret to getting the menu to show up? I'm on a n3DS, and the interface works, the keyboard works, etc, I can move the cursor around by holding R and using the d-pad, but no button or combo of buttons brings up a menu to choose a disk image.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
What's the secret to getting the menu to show up? I'm on a n3DS, and the interface works, the keyboard works, etc, I can move the cursor around by holding R and using the d-pad, but no button or combo of buttons brings up a menu to choose a disk image.

tap the disk drive icon with the stylus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3