Homebrew Emulator [Release]fMSX3DS(MSX/MSX2/MSX2+ emulator with new feature for 3DS)

Tomioka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thanks for this super cool and niche emulator! I wanted to report a major bug I encountered in MSX2 Dragon Quest 1 (specifically with Django's partial English translation applied):

After speaking to the old wizard in the starting castle area who rapidly flashes the screen with light after speaking to him, the color palette of the entire screen became incredibly washed out, with not even resetting the console or saving in-game making it go away on that save. Only starting a new save got rid of it, but when I went back over to him, it happened again. I'm pretty sure that's an important NPC, too.
I confirmed that the bug occurs in a real MSX2.
I guess it's not the bug for the emulator but the bug of the game itself.
I'll investigate further.

Last edited by Tomioka,

Tomioka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've explored this issue a little more, and apparently a lot of English fan translations romhacks just have inherent sound issues, such as the Project Melancholia English translation of SD Snatcher. Apparently, the SCC & SCC+ sound cards just straight-up don't work for it on most emulators. I myself always get the PSG sound, even when the game detects the SCC+ card and I command it to use it.

I finally find what's wrong now.I'll fix the bug in the next update.
Please wait.

For instance fix, in Project Melancholia menu, use arrow key to change SCCI to SCC to fix bug.
Post automatically merged:

Since you've done that maybe you can submit it to Universal Updater to make it easier to update and for more people to see it and check it out
Well, i'll submit it tomorrow

Last edited by Tomioka,
Reactions: ber71

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Oh God no :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog: